Has anyone else seen this?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Has anyone else seen this?!
I'm not much of a reader but I literally don't have words for how retarded this is! Gasp

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Has anyone else seen this?!
(08-04-2014 08:18 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'm not much of a reader but I literally don't have words for how retarded this is! Gasp

What's retarded? Rowling wrote a book, sold it under a different name and it didn't sell. Then someone let it slip that it was by her, and it hit the best seller list?

Was that what happened?

If true, sounds like the book was mediocre to begin with.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

08-04-2014, 08:40 PM
(08-04-2014 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What's retarded? Rowling wrote a book, sold it under a different name and it didn't sell. Then someone let it slip that it was by her, and it hit the best seller list?

Was that what happened?

What's retarded is that writer of the article is actually claiming that JK Rowling should stop releasing books because she's "had her turn".

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-04-2014, 08:41 PM
Like I say in latin. (If you guys were wondering what I was saying.)
The(this) story is not fabulous.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
08-04-2014, 08:52 PM
(08-04-2014 08:40 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 08:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What's retarded? Rowling wrote a book, sold it under a different name and it didn't sell. Then someone let it slip that it was by her, and it hit the best seller list?

Was that what happened?

What's retarded is that writer of the article is actually claiming that JK Rowling should stop releasing books because she's "had her turn".

Well, what I got from the article was that her name (brand) means more to readers than the actual quality of her words. Without her name, placed her effort on a more level playing field with authors within the same genre. Decent enough to gain a following but nothing more than many, many authors are in. Publishing is pretty cutthroat.

However, I'm basing this solely from the article, having never read anything she's written I've no real opinion.

08-04-2014, 09:00 PM
(08-04-2014 08:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, what I got from the article was that her name (brand) means more to readers than the actual quality of her words. Without her name, placed her effort on a more level playing field with authors within the same genre. Decent enough to gain a following but nothing more than many, many authors are in. Publishing is pretty cutthroat.

However, I'm basing this solely from the article, having never read anything she's written I've no real opinion.

The writer was saying more than that. Her point was that because JK is such a big name her books will always sell well so she should just stop releasing them so others don't have to compete with them.

Best
Worst
08-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Wow those were some sour grapes. Haters gonna hate I guess.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-04-2014, 09:08 PM
(08-04-2014 09:05 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Wow those were some sour grapes. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Yeah, I found it from a BBC article that wasn't overly favourable.

Best
Worst
08-04-2014, 09:25 PM
(08-04-2014 09:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 08:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, what I got from the article was that her name (brand) means more to readers than the actual quality of her words. Without her name, placed her effort on a more level playing field with authors within the same genre. Decent enough to gain a following but nothing more than many, many authors are in. Publishing is pretty cutthroat.

The writer was saying more than that. Her point was that because JK is such a big name her books will always sell well so she should just stop releasing them so others don't have to compete with them.

Yes, she was very harsh in that way. She could have worded her article differently and with all that vitrole her point was likely lost.

08-04-2014, 10:27 PM
What a joke. I'm sure if anyone actually looked at the numbers, they would find that anyone reading anything popular leads to more reading, not reading less of other things. There is no "limited pie" to divvy up. What jealous retarded witch. It's like she's actually blaming her for being too fine a writer.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post