Has anyone ever made a tasty homemade fruitcake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2015, 11:43 PM
Has anyone ever made a tasty homemade fruitcake
I know, Laugh out load tasty and fruitcake in the same sentence is insanity. I'm curious if anyone has a recipe that doesn't have those neon green thingys in them or those bizarre gummy bear fake looking globs. There has to be some sort of fruit cake that has maybe figs or dates or more natural fruits in them along with some nuts which is all cooked in rum. I mean, something like that sounds like it might be pretty good but I never see a recipe for a fruit cake like that.

So far the only good fruitcake is a dead fruitcake.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2015, 11:50 PM
RE: Has anyone ever made a tasty homemade fruitcake
(02-12-2015 11:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I know, Laugh out load tasty and fruitcake in the same sentence is insanity. I'm curious if anyone has a recipe that doesn't have those neon green thingys in them or those bizarre gummy bear fake looking globs. There has to be some sort of fruit cake that has maybe figs or dates or more natural fruits in them along with some nuts which is all cooked in rum. I mean, something like that sounds like it might be pretty good but I never see a recipe for a fruit cake like that.

Yes, my sister makes fruitcake every year for the holidays and it's yummy. Yes

Quote:So far the only good fruitcake is a dead fruitcake.

Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm not a huge fan of fruitcake. I don't do very well in the kitchen either--I am a horrible cook/baker. I really want to take some cooking classes, especially since I'm newly single and plan on dating soon. I'd like to cook dinner for a boyfriend without it tasting like cardboard. Hobo

I think your best bet in finding a good fruitcake recipe is to check rachel ray or nigella Lawson's websites. They usually have some good recipes for various things. I like rachel ray because her recipes are easy to follow and nigella's food always looks so good.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Has anyone ever made a tasty homemade fruitcake?

No.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 12:07 AM
There is only one fruitcake in the entire world.
http://www.fruitcakerecycling.com/facts.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-12-2015, 12:08 AM
Bucky you are forgetting Pops, Philosowhatever and Heywood and Q.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 12:11 AM
(03-12-2015 12:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Bucky you are forgetting Pops, Philosowhatever and Heywood and Q.

The evil spawn of the fruitcake.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-12-2015, 12:35 AM
(02-12-2015 11:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm not a huge fan of fruitcake. I don't do very well in the kitchen either--I am a horrible cook/baker. I really want to take some cooking classes, especially since I'm newly single and plan on dating soon. I'd like to cook dinner for a boyfriend without it tasting like cardboard. Hobo

I think your best bet in finding a good fruitcake recipe is to check rachel ray or nigella Lawson's websites. They usually have some good recipes for various things. I like rachel ray because her recipes are easy to follow and nigella's food always looks so good.

Thanks, I'll try Rachael Ray and Lawson. I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to try making a fruitcake but then again it might just be the biggest challenge since the moon landing to make a good tasting fruitcake. And I just might be up for that momentous challenge. Thumbsup......Laughat

Wonder if there are any fruitcakes with chocolate in them. Hummmm. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 12:42 AM
(03-12-2015 12:35 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wonder if there are any fruitcakes with chocolate in them. Hummmm. Consider

Why not?

Banjo.
03-12-2015, 12:44 AM
YES! there is such a thing as a chocolate fruitcake. Problem solved. This was from Nigella's website.

[Image: chocolate-fruit-cake_s3x4.jpg]

Yum. Drooling

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post