Has anyone had the ancestry DNA testing?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Has anyone had the ancestry DNA testing?
(01-03-2014 08:53 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I thought 23&me had to stop selling their kits or something?

Edit: posted before googling... Apparently they're still doing the ancestry thingy but not any medical information.

Yeah, you may have seen that from one of our insane users who claimed the big bad government had forbid them from free enterprise when they were told to stop making medical judgements.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: Has anyone had the ancestry DNA testing?
(28-02-2014 06:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I hear ads for 23 & me (and various other companies) and over the years have had interest in geneology and family history.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this done? what company did you use? what info did you get back?

I think my family was a mix of various European countries, I'm wondering how well they can pin that down to a particular country....or will it just say Europe?

Any useful medical info?

just curious about what others experiences were.

Nope. Don't know. Don't want to know. Grandmama said "we're Irish" and left it at that. Other than a drop of Irish I just don't care. We're all Roman anyway. LOL
(other than pure Asian, pure islander, pure African or pure Indian) - we're all Romans.

If you learned something in your family line like arthritis it's not like you can prevent it. Heart disease? Yeah......you can only control that to a certain degree........ Mental illness - would you WANT to know?

so.......live your life as a loveable mutt like the rest of us.

Go Rome!Cool

(I am like 99% kidding, of course - except for that lovable mutt part)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply