Has anyone here ever ran for public office?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2017, 07:07 PM
Has anyone here ever ran for public office?
With Aron Ra running for Texas state senate, I was wondering if anyone here had ever run for public office of any kind. And if so, what was the experience like? Did a lack of theistic views hurt your chances?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: Has anyone here ever ran for public office?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Noooooooooo

You kidding? People hate my fucking guts, I would never..... oh wait.... trump....

Meh sure what the hell. I'll give it a go if anyone wants to see me run for something.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 07:13 PM
Ran for county sheriff...

A bit weird talking to reporters, but the subject of religion or lack thereof never came up ......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
18-07-2017, 07:22 PM
(18-07-2017 07:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ran for county sheriff...

A bit weird talking to reporters, but the subject of religion or lack thereof never came up ......

I wonder how long that would have kept up.
18-07-2017, 07:25 PM
(18-07-2017 07:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 07:13 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ran for county sheriff...

I wonder how long that would have kept up.

Hell, Onlinebikers gotta be better than this nutter....
[Image: clarke-trump.jpg]

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
18-07-2017, 08:01 PM
I've done too much "experimentation" to pass muster, got too many skeletons, some not long interred, to pass muster.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-07-2017, 08:03 PM
(18-07-2017 08:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've done too much "experimentation" to pass muster, got too many skeletons, some not long interred, to pass muster.

I think trump has demonstrated all you need is confidence.

So get up there

And don't wear pants.

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
18-07-2017, 08:33 PM
(18-07-2017 08:01 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I've done too much "experimentation" to pass muster, got too many skeletons, some not long interred, to pass muster.

Please, we've already got a real-life House Of Cards playing out in the White House. You could have peed on Russian hookers and no one would give a damn.
[+] 2 users Like RedgraveStorm's post
19-07-2017, 06:25 PM
(18-07-2017 08:03 PM)JesseB Wrote:  

I think trump has demonstrated all you need is confidence.

So get up there

And don't wear pants.

Yeah, I'll do cargo shorts and acid. That should work! Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
19-07-2017, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 07:58 PM by Full Circle.)
Closest I ever got to public service was sitting on a Home Owner’s Association board. If given the choice between that and being given 20 lashes I’d go for the lashes, at least those scars eventually heal.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post