Has anything ever been proven NOT to exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Has anything ever been proven NOT to exist?
Quote:Define perfect, in a way which is not simply your personal definition.

And make it detailed.

I mean, what is a "perfect person" anyway?

There will always be faults to every human.
Without sin, has never sinned, and without the propensity/desire to sin. These things and more are accomplished through Jesus. The believer is given a new body and new nature retaining their identity in Heaven yet without the desire to harm another or displease God. Each heavenly accomplishment is their best, each motivation and desire is righteous.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 01:01 PM
So, PJ, I can have that perfection? I can be that?

All I have to do is pretend that a fictional magical man who lives forever in heaven came down to earth and "sacrificed" himself so he could go back home to live forever in heaven (yeah, big sacrifice there), and that by his pretending to sacrifice his magical self, I am instantly and forever purified of all sin and made perfect? If I just pretend hard enough that this nonsense is real, then the fictional magical man will reveal himself and all his Truth to me and prove that my pretense was justified (and, incidentally, so was his)?

That's all I have to do to be perfect?

I daresay, your definition of "perfect" is way different than mine, for my definition of "perfect" doesn't include concepts like gullible or delusional.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
(11-03-2013 06:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:I don't fault fundies for trying to convert the rest of us. If they believe their loving God is going to send us to hell for eternal torture, absurd as that belief is, their efforts to save us from that fate does seem to do them some moral credit. I do fault them for failing to spot the glaring contradiction in their concept of a loving God who is so petty that he feels the need to eternally torture countless millions of people for the "crime" of failing to appreciate His Highly Flawed Goodness.
You've got the part right about our sincerity. What is incorrect is this idea that people are lost because of any reason other than they reject the payment for their sin. Only perfect people may be admitted to Heaven.

"Only perfect people"....since when ?
Has the bible been re-written again in the last 5 minutes or just re-interpreted or better yet, is this just the way YOU think it is ?
And in Cinderella, you can't get into the grand ball without fancy dress or a suit made from the finest cloth in the land.
In Willy Wonka, you can't get into the chocolate factory if you don't have a golden ticket.

I visit heaven on the weekends when I take a nap at 2:00 in the afternoon.
I've never noticed any "perfect people" there.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
11-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:"Only perfect people"....since when ?
Has the bible been re-written again in the last 5 minutes or just re-interpreted or better yet, is this just the way YOU think it is ?
And in Cinderella, you can't get into the grand ball without fancy dress or a suit made from the finest cloth in the land.
In Willy Wonka, you can't get into the chocolate factory if you don't have a golden ticket.

I visit heaven on the weekends when I take a nap at 2:00 in the afternoon.
I've never noticed any "perfect people" there.
Jesus said, "Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect." The scriptures are clear there nothing/no one evil or imperfect may enter Heaven... remember, it's your side that keeps mocking the perfection models from the tabernacle and temple... no seminal emission, leprosy or blood flow, no unclean food, no lamed or mutilated priests may serve, etc.
11-03-2013, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 05:45 PM by Free Thought.)
(11-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:Define perfect, in a way which is not simply your personal definition.

And make it detailed.

I mean, what is a "perfect person" anyway?

There will always be faults to every human.
Without sin, has never sinned, and without the propensity/desire to sin. These things and more are accomplished through Jesus. The believer is given a new body and new nature retaining their identity in Heaven yet without the desire to harm another or displease God. Each heavenly accomplishment is their best, each motivation and desire is righteous.

That is not a person. That is a drone. What a silly conception of perfection, then again, perfection is a silly conception.

Pretty much everything is a sin, so you will do it eventually anyway. Hell, pride is a sin, does that mean a perfect person can never be prideful of their children?

[Image: BgC3P.jpg]

I am quite fortunate that I was never indoctrinated.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Quote:That is not a person. That is a drone. What a silly conception of perfection, then again, perfection is a silly conception.

Pretty much everything is a sin, so you will do it eventually anyway. Hell, pride is a sin, does that mean a perfect person can never be prideful of their children?
Ah, but this is a part of how I live now. It would be as uncomfortable for me to get high and drive on the highway tonight as it would be for you to attend church with me. And not everything is a sin just because Rev. Lovejoy said so. Smile But you hit a nail on the head. Pride is perhaps the worst sin, not where men compare themselves to men, but where people feel they can go life on their own.
15-03-2013, 09:55 AM
(14-03-2013 12:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Ah, but this is a part of how I live now. It would be as uncomfortable for me to get high and drive on the highway tonight as it would be for you to attend church with me. And not everything is a sin just because Rev. Lovejoy said so. Smile But you hit a nail on the head. Pride is perhaps the worst sin, not where men compare themselves to men, but where people feel they can go life on their own.

Yep, that makes sense. SleazyJesus now asserts that thinking for one's self without the help of imaginary friends is prideful, and one of the worst things you can do. Boy am I glad I do it all the time.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
15-03-2013, 04:23 PM
(14-03-2013 12:40 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:That is not a person. That is a drone. What a silly conception of perfection, then again, perfection is a silly conception.

Ah, but this is a part of how I live now. It would be as uncomfortable for me to get high and drive on the highway tonight as it would be for you to attend church with me. And not everything is a sin just because Rev. Lovejoy said so. Smile But you hit a nail on the head. Pride is perhaps the worst sin, not where men compare themselves to men, but where people feel they can go life on their own.

Well, looks like I am going to have a hell of a time in that fantasy realm some people call hell. I'm prideful to the point of pseudo-arrogance, but at least I am not arrogant enough to assume the entire universe was made for humans by the War God turned Magical Sky Wizard...

Anyway, I've no need of a deity to aid me in my life, if I've a problem, I will surmount it on my own, rather than waste my time praying to some deity, who by it's own supposed accounts is a mass murdering psycho and thus not worth my time anyway.

Besides, if I did need one, I'd go to more original gods, Yahweh is just a plaster cast of gods from cultures before him after all.

Maybe Enki of Sumerian mythology, far more original than the gods that came after, or my personal favourite: Amaterasu of Shinto, much more interesting god worthy of my interest, if not my respect.

As for going life on my own, I think I could. I don't like people all that much anyway. Always making noise and not being quite, doing stupid things...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-03-2013, 05:02 PM
(11-03-2013 11:45 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  The believer is given a new body and new nature retaining their identity in Heaven yet without the desire to harm another or displease God.

hahahahahahaha ... you funny, silly boy. ... hahahahahaha ... Even that nihilist dressed up as an elect Calvinist KingsChosen ain't silly enough to admit the bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity. Fuck evidence, there's not even a tenable argument for the dualism which is a necessary precondition for that bullshit promise. It's a measure of the strength of his faith (or a measure of the degree of his delusion, depending on your POV) that KC can drop that promise and still hold true to his faith. Can you?

KC's got the faith of HoC's Gwynnies. Both are impervious to reason. Don't mean either one of 'em is irrational since they both recognize the irrationality and just discount it 'cause the benefit of it to them personally outweighs the cost in their view. Girly ain't got no problem with that. Do what you gotta do, think what you gotta think, believe what you gotta believe, just don't go all Ego® and start to think your personal answers are universal solutions. That's just arrogance and egotism.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:Yep, that makes sense. SleazyJesus now asserts that thinking for one's self without the help of imaginary friends is prideful, and one of the worst things you can do. Boy am I glad I do it all the time.
Another misrepresentation. One not need hear from God personally for a decade to use the Bible as a (large-sized) resource.