Has anything ever been proven NOT to exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Has anything ever been proven NOT to exist?
(19-03-2013 01:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I see it is not possible to have a philosophical conversation, the way I would with my freethinker friends, on this forum. "There are no Atheists in foxholes" is a longstanding cliche. And then up jump everyone with their ANECDOTAL exceptions. "No, no, me--I had cancer and didn't EVER pray." Meanwhile, if any Christian ever comes here with a personal revelation... NO, sorry, not possible, there isn't even ONE person who has ever lived who has experienced anything unnatural in our materialist universe. Again, the double standard.
When someone says they hear voices in their head, I believe them.
When someone says they went out of their body during a near death experience, I believe they experienced that.
When someone says they feel a crawling sensation on their skin, I believe them.
When someone has a dream and says they talked to a dead relative, I believe they experienced that.

Who do you listen to when a personal experience is revealed? What do you dismiss as crazy and what do you accept as divine? Do you have a filter of your own that you apply to separate the crazy from the 'real'? If a 'healthy' friend of yours starts hearing a voice that says all of your religious beliefs are wrong, do you accept that as evidence? Is it meaningful to you? Why or why not?

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
19-03-2013, 07:44 PM
You're asking Egor to differentiate between crazy and divine?

LOL, I bet even he's laughing at that one. Wellllll, on second thought, maybe not. But I sure did. Comedy gold!

Big Grin

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
20-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:Yet another straw man argument. Don't you ever run out of them?

I believe that you experience personal revelation. It just doesn't prove anything outside of your head.
Extraordinary. I claim personal revelation? Even the Bible prophets would go ten, twenty years at a stretch reporting no communications from God. Is that REALLY what freethinkers all believe? That Christians only have personal revelation and signs? No one should be a Christian on those terms! Especially since I agree with you and Aseptic and everyone else in the world that personal revelation is not empirically testable by a third party!