Has nobody ever noticed this before???
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2013, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2013 02:03 PM by TheAmazingAustralopithecus.)
Has nobody ever noticed this before???
[Image: sam_harris.jpg]

[Image: ben_stiller_3.jpg]

Has nobody ever noticed this resemblance...? I find it amusing.

Incidentally, I found the Sam Harris picture on a blog called "Subversive Thinking" which is an anti-skeptic, anti-atheist blog. Sigh. The article was "Sam Harris and the straw man causes all fallacy, and other atheist fallacies and misdirections in philosophy of religion" or something of the ilk; and it has other articles and deals in calling us pseudo-skeptics, and apparently there is an article debunking Richard Wiseman's investigations into the paranormal. It seems to be a blog in a new tradition of more pseudo-intellectual philosophy, filled with people who think they're true skeptics. Here's the synopsis: "BY SUBVERSIVE THINKING, I'M REFERRING TO A CRITICAL APPROACH TO MANY CONTROVERSIAL TOPICS, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) PARANORMAL PHENOMENA, AFTERLIFE RESEARCH, PSEUDOSKEPTICISM (DEBUNKING), REDUCTIONISTIC MATERIALISM, DOGMATIC ATHEISM, PHILOSOPHY OF CONSCIOUSNESS AND RELIGION/SPIRITUALITY. OCCASIONALLY, YOU'LL NOTE SOME BROKEN ENGLISH EXPRESSIONS OF MINE... I'M SORRY, I'M JAPANESE AND I'M LEARNING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE." If you're interested, though I don't think it would be worth it: http://subversivethinking.blogspot.co.uk...cause.html

That's the page I found the Sam Harris picture on via google images. It was an accident I noticed this but I thought I might as well bring it up and give this thread a little more substance than merely pointing out the resemblance above.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply