Has there ever been any trace of Aliens in Ancient Earth history?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2013, 12:03 PM
RE: Has there ever been any trace of Aliens in Ancient Earth history?
Let's play a game. It's called "what's more likely?" Ready? Let's play.

What's more likely?

Scenario A:

Multiple alien species have been in contact with Earth for extended periods of time - involving at minimum thousands of people in decades of successive administrations in several countries; involving at maximum all of human history - and have left no reliable evidence. This despite the fact that it would only take the actions of one person to expose any number of key documents/media/evidence, in a human contact scenario, or the just about any possible accident or carelessness on behalf the aliens, which would leave behind an anomalous and/or out of place artifact (unless such a discovery were completely covered up every time it happened, again across all of human history).

If the aliens are not a monolithic bloc, but are in fact rival groups, then they have not acted to expose each other, despite the advantage it might present. OR they have, and all such efforts have been countered in turn.

If the aliens are here to gather resources, then they are doing so despite the fact that whatever resources may be gained on Earth are far more readily available - at much less risk of exposure or incident - from innumerable other sources in deep space.

Alien craft - which must perforce travel to and from Earth, and in most scenarios land - are entirely undetectable, and communicate through similarly undetectable means (involving physics we can't even imagine, and thus rendering anything we might do utterly insignificant and irrelevant by comparison) or else the cover-up agency has the ability to get to every telescope and observer on the planet.

Past reports of night visitations, abductions, visions, etc involving supernatural entities are either imagined - in which case the modern alien-related incidents are exactly the same entirely by coincidence - or else they were also real alien interactions, meaning such interaction is not merely a modern phenomenon, and dates back hundreds if not thousands of years - complicating the masquerade by orders of magnitude.

OR

Scenario B:

Human beings, defined by their incredible abilities of pattern recognition, inevitably produce false positives.

Yeah.

What's more likely?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
13-06-2013, 12:25 PM
[Image: tumblr_lsqx37Pjvs1qcradto1_1280.png]

That's all it really ends up being, a desire. Not "I believe because the evidence is strong," but "I WANT to believe that aliens have been visiting humanity for thousands of years because the idea intrigues me." I feel like that's the case for most people at least who claim to "believe" in aliens, but like any brand of bullshit, it's also going to have its diehard advocates.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
13-06-2013, 12:54 PM
(13-06-2013 12:25 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  That's all it really ends up being, a desire. Not "I believe because the evidence is strong," but "I WANT to believe that aliens have been visiting humanity for thousands of years because the idea intrigues me." I feel like that's the case for most people at least who claim to "believe" in aliens, but like any brand of bullshit, it's also going to have its diehard advocates.

That's a big part of it, for sure. That and the specialness that comes from knowing something that most people don't - it's almost a sense of superiority, in my experience.
14-06-2013, 11:11 AM
I think that this is only a conspiracy theory.

I accept that E.T exist maybe but if they exist E.T never visited the earth. This theory have many problems. I will resume 3 of them :

1.The apparition of the life can probably only appear on a planet similar to the earth (exoplanet).

2.What is the technology who is used by E.T ?

3.How they can speak with us like we don't speak the same language ?
14-06-2013, 11:36 AM
(01-06-2013 05:23 PM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  
(01-06-2013 03:22 PM)Korin Wrote:  Some gods like Lord Ram look very alien-like, why is this? ...

Implies you know what aliens look like.

Because he is one!!!! *Dramatic gasp*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
14-06-2013, 04:01 PM
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”
― Arthur C. Clarke

I don't believe we have been visited since a lot of the evidence people claim for ancient aliens is not convincing or exaggerated. I do believe there has to be some life out there probably wondering if they to are alone.

I just question what the religious will do if we do find other intelligent life. Did Space Jesus and Space Muhammed go to all the other planets with life to tell them the good word?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
14-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Well, there was this guy about 2000 years ago in the mideast who let himself die so his friends would not have to die, then he came back to life as a Zombie, and then flew up into the sky. I forget what the story was. E.T.?

[Image: z00WmrUSK2xn0nkg4mJA_E.T.jpg]
15-06-2013, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2013 02:11 AM by KeenIdiot.)
(12-06-2013 11:23 PM)GenghisTom Wrote:  I'm not suggesting that I'm a UFO believer, but....There are a couple thousand professional astronomers in the US. If a spaceship from planet Sphinkter landed in a random area and was witnessed by a single individual, the odds that it would be an astronomer, and not an "average Joe", would be 1/159,500. Of course there have been reports of mass sightings too, and the number would change dramatically then.
Right, which one's job is it to stare at the sky for large sections of time?
Why are they not the ones reporting UFOs, instead of people who tend to only notice something they aren't used to seeing.
Likely answer is simple misunderstanding of known phenomena, like what happened in japan when the planet Venus was confused for a hovering craft
And sure, you're just asking questions, got it.
When we are talking so called abductions, let's go back to the first major reporting, that of Betty and Barney Hill.
They reported having bad dreams and had trouble sleeping, and were hypnotized into "recovering" memories of an alien abduction, which just happened to match the plot of an episode of the Twilight Zone that had aired previous to their supposed experience.
We now know that hypnosis does not recover memories, it instead leads to constructed memories, as can be seen in the Satanic abuse scares from the 90's, when children created false memories of abuse that actual examination of evidence showed not to have occurred.

Take this to the modern day, and most abduction cases fit the original profile set by the Betty and Barney Hill case. Probably due to it's media presence inspiring similar responses in other people.
There's something called sleep paralysis, which at one time was explained by succubi and other myths in various cultures, which would help add fuel to these beliefs.

Quote:So... ( and by continuing to deny that I am a UFO crackpot, I hear myself sounding more and more guilty) I've now pondered how incredibly weird it would be to hear Stephen Hawking tell some crazy shit about an alien encounter/molestetion. That would be weird. Would we just brush it off like all of the others? I would tend to think so.
Depends, does he have evidence of it?
Look, Hawking is a great physicist, when he's talking physics, he's tops. If he's not talking about physics, it'll be interesting but taken at about the same level as any other guy.
If he walks out after his abduction and explains that the aliens have given him new physics which is advanced far and above what we have had previously, then there's something to work with.

Quote:While doing research for his most recent movie, comedian and filmaker Bobcat Goldthwaite has done extensive research for his sasquatchploitation film " Willow Creek" in the Pacific Northwest. Because of his celebrity status, It would be equally as bizarre if he actually discovered a Bigfoot.
I'm not a Bigfoot believe either ( more denial ) , but again I don't deny the possibility even as minuscule the possibility may be.
Sure, there's a possibility. Jane Goodall, the well respected primatologist believes it's a possibility, and she's an expert.
The problem is, where's the evidence?
Blurry photos, questionable videos, footprints, and anecdote aren't good evidence.
Especially with the number of hoaxes out there, without evidence the probability is someone's out there pulling a stunt.
Quote:Can you imagine if a former Canadian minister of defense reported that there were alien species currently working with the United States???
Oh wait, that DID happen last week! Hahaha, how crazy is this guy? Has he convinced himself that he's telling the truth? Wtf is the deal there? At the very least , I found it interesting and entertaining to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEQdvYFMBAU

About as crazy as the guy who claimed evolution was lies straight from the pit of Satan, Obama is not actually a native Kenyan, or that his big sky daddy told him he would be the next president.
He's not speaking from his retired position as Minister of Defense, in any case.
He's speaking as someone who once had a UFO sighting and then later read some books that convinced him the UFOs were alien crafts.
And this isn't new, he's been saying this stuff for years now, with no evidence to back up his claims. He's just using his position as a past Minister to seem more credible.

Go JAQ off somewhere else.

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
15-06-2013, 02:47 PM
So I guess this is why I find the entire "ancient alien" hypothesis absurd, and really just intelligent aliens flying around in spaceships in general tacked on:

1. The whole "there is no way humans constructed that" excuse. I'm sorry, yes they did, there is nothing that the ancient civilizations built that couldn't have been done with the technology available at the time. The whole hypothesis that ancient aliens were necessary to spur along human development in technology leads to the same type of infinite regression one comes across with a creator god. Who accelerated the technology for the ancient aliens? Another race of ancient aliens? What about for them? It results in an infinite chain of aliens spurring along technological growth for other aliens.

Furthermore, if these ancient aliens had the capability of space travel, why the fuck were they helping humans build.....shit that they could have already built within their own capacity at the time? Where the fuck is the 2000 year old air vehicle? They didn't even have the decency to provide humans knowledge of how to create machines that could lift off the ground, and if humans saw these mofos coming down to greet them in these spaceships, don't you think they would be insisting how the fuck the aliens managed to create a flying machine?

2. Absence of evidence: While it is true that this does not equate to evidence of absence as a position of certainty, it does equate to "this theory will be regarded as bullshit until evidence is presented." Until evidence is provided, it may as well be considered evidence of absence from a skeptical point of view.

All forms of "evidence" in the historical records presented are complete and total bullshit invented by crackpots and wishful thinkers interpreting ancient texts in a manner where they are predisposed to find evidence of documented "aliens." Almost all of these wackos are concocting super-strechted and subjective interpretations, and most importantly of all, projecting CURRENT conventions and social constructions onto the societies of the distant past. The whole idea of little grey men in flying saucers abducting people is a twentieth century invention fueled by its widespread adoption by all forms of media. People in past societies had different spins on how they viewed the various mysterious objects in the sky, frame worked around the cultural conventions of the time.

3. UFO= Alien spaceship: UFO=an object that the observer is too ill-informed about to correctly identify while observed in the sky. Some of the more vigorous studies done by organizations that investigate UFO sightings from a more objective perspective have concluded that anywhere between 66%-90%+ of UFO sightings are cases of misidentification.

For example, your typical redneck hick in a trailer park looking up at the night sky probably doesn't know what a series of military flares being deployed looks like. I've seen a video where a group of people are video taping such an event believing that they are watching alien spacecraft (because apparently, it's a reasonable assumption to make that an orb of light in the sky is direct evidence of an alien spacecraft). Since the bottom flares were disappearing behind a mountain at the same time that new ones were being deployed up top, one person thought that the bottom "spaceships" were teleporting to the top. Another person exclaimed "their communicating!" They were both wrong, their minds were already convinced they were viewing alien spaceships and were interpreting what they saw in accordance with what they willingly wanted to believe. Hence why I consider this type of belief as a "want to believe" rather than a "proportion your beliefs to the evidence" type of believing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
15-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Go JAQ off somewhere else.
[/quote]

Up to that point, I thought it was a rational, well-disposed reply