Hasn't god been disproved?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2012, 05:34 PM
RE: Hasn't god been disproved?
(26-04-2012 10:12 AM)arbmouser Wrote:  Sooo..... Now that everyone in the room is uncomfortable, shall we start again? Tongue
After reading some of the stuff here, I hafta vote no. Hafnof's got a microscope to see a cosmic string, and he's complaining about Ghost using the term supernatural? Big Grin

And there ain't no "science disproving god" cause the scientific method begins with observation. Everything observed has a naturalistic theory (or at least hypothesis) which is enough for most atheists to conclude that god does not exist. This atheist is a prophet, but that's OK 'cause I don't exist. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2012, 09:13 PM
They are all brainwashed so it doesnt matter. No matter the evidence it will always be, "But the Bible says so" .
Find all posts by this user
02-05-2012, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 06:10 PM by Hafnof.)
(26-04-2012 07:16 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Eat shit, Hafnof. That was one of the most disgusting posts I've ever read anywhere. Not only are you astonishingly disrespectful but you didn't grasp a single thing I said and opted instead to blast me for things I wasn't saying and then had the fucking audacity to say that I was the one making a strawman argument. I have made a clear as day case and I'm sick of trying respectfully to repeat it when you have clearly demonstrated that you have neither the inclination nor the ability to comprehend it. You are truly a piece of shit and I have no further time for you. Fuck you.
Ghost, your claims about the limits of science to investigate supernatural beings that interact with the physical universe are false. Any supernatural being that interacts with the universe will leave evidence, and this evidence can be tested by science. All proposed supernatural beings with significant followings have been tested by science. No evidence has been found. Those beings don't exist. Science is not limited by some philosophy of naturalism. It is not constrained to only propose solutions that involve matter and energy. It's limited by what evidence can be produced and can be reproduced. Those beings don't leave behind any traces. Not even a statistical bump in the number of children healed. Not even a statistical bump in the number of wrongdoers punished. They don't leave any evidence, because they don't interact with our species. Aliens surely exist somewhere, and some of those might be supernatural in the sense you describe, but there aren't any in our backyards. They aren't there.

People can rationalise away the lack of evidence and claim that this lack of evidence is not proof. People believe what they want to believe. Smart people believe in complex explanations like "they're hiding", or "if they revealed themselves we wouldn't have free will". I don't accept these. The answer is the simple one. There aren't any supernatural beings routinely interacting with our species, at least none that we can name and describe the properties of.

I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I'm a nice guy, really.
02-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Hafnof.

You're the master of the backhand.

Your argument can be summed up thusly: nuh uh.

You haven't presented any arguments to speak of, you've simply dismissed everything I said. To top it off, you continue to accuse me of things I've not only not said, but that I've quite explicitly said something else about.

I would like to thank you however for being the embodiment of the point that I have made.

To be honest, your last post was so offensive that it would take a pretty sincere apology to make up for it. I don't think what you just said even comes close. I have no doubt that you're a nice guy. You simply haven't demonstrated it here.