Hate America- It's the hip and trendy thing to do.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2011, 03:23 AM
RE: Hate America- It's the hip and trendy thing to do.
I wouldn't be too harsh on the doctor, everyone has brain farts every now and then, especially when jet lagged or going through culture shock.

Anyways... I personally think a lot of that video is set up, and actually as far as education systems go... it differs a lot from school to school.

Where I went to high school it was one of the top rated schools in the NATION, and again highly rated in the world, just a plain old public school in the Catoctin mountains. Yet in other states and school districts there are schools that are struggling.

Foreigners don't understand that schools are mainly controlled by states and school districts, not so much federally. This has good points and bad points, depending on where you live.

Personally I find it ignorant to hate/dislike a country, especially a country as large and diverse as the United States.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Well, beeing a big and important country like the USA makes it easier to be hated, IMO. Cause the USA has a lot of power and when they do something wrong it affects almost all other countries on earth. I know that they have a lot of responsibility, but they present themselves as world police, so I think it's their own fault.
20-08-2011, 06:14 PM
(20-08-2011 06:05 AM)darksky Wrote:  Well, beeing a big and important country like the USA makes it easier to be hated, IMO. Cause the USA has a lot of power and when they do something wrong it affects almost all other countries on earth. I know that they have a lot of responsibility, but they present themselves as world police, so I think it's their own fault.

Yeah I feel that way too. Personally I think the UN should take care or a lot of problems... considering THEY are technically the world police.

But yeah... Our military has no business being in South Korea or Okinawa/Japan anymore.... They have proven time and time again that they can take care of themselves.

20-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Isn't the base staying in Japan because they don't want the Japanese to get a military reinstated? I know that the police force is built up due to the infringement, but the base is there due to the requirement during the surrender that Japan remove it's military. It's not that likely anymore that Japan would launch an attack on China, but I'm thinking there is probably a large opinion of older Americans that Japan should be kept in check. We haven't quite gotten through enough generations that the anti-Japanese sentiments are gone.

As far as South Korea I'm not really sure because the south and north are still having a lot of issues with each other. I'd agree we don't need to be there, but probably a big event would happen in Korea if we left.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-08-2011, 07:14 AM
I thought the bases in Japan these days were purely strategic. It is in the position to strike anywhere in eastern Asia.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-08-2011, 07:24 AM
There are many reasons to look down at America. Or so it seems. One of the reasons being that you have a lot of uneducated idiots (and IDiots). Or is it just that you give them to much publicity?
I would not say that I personally hate America. Hell, I'm thinking of going to California for my honeymoon. But it does make me worry. Political activity in America especially makes me worried. Your president isn't called the leader of the free world for nothing. America leads, and the rest follow. If things change on your side of the pond, they will change here. This is why I think it's so important for you to legalize marijuana. Tongue

Also, being the only super power on earth, it would help if you were a democracy.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
21-08-2011, 07:37 AM
They hate America until they get their ass in a sling and then America is the first one they call!
21-08-2011, 07:43 AM
And then they hate America again cause it sends the wrong help =p

Usually when members of a country request aid it is not the entire country agreeing.

Do you realize that we have people up in arms over Joplin,MO accepting computers from the UAE?

"America helps other nations we don't need to be helped"

Those who request aid are not going to carry the only sentiment in a country.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
21-08-2011, 08:10 AM
(20-08-2011 10:12 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Isn't the base staying in Japan because they don't want the Japanese to get a military reinstated? I know that the police force is built up due to the infringement, but the base is there due to the requirement during the surrender that Japan remove it's military. It's not that likely anymore that Japan would launch an attack on China, but I'm thinking there is probably a large opinion of older Americans that Japan should be kept in check. We haven't quite gotten through enough generations that the anti-Japanese sentiments are gone.

As far as South Korea I'm not really sure because the south and north are still having a lot of issues with each other. I'd agree we don't need to be there, but probably a big event would happen in Korea if we left.

The de-militarization contract between the US and Japan is ending in a few years. As in Japan can build a standing army and whatnot. The US is already preparing for it by moving the marine bases from Okinawa to Guam so the Japanese military can move into the abandoned bases. I believe our army and air force base is staying here, but that's it.

South Korea is actually very capable of handling it's self... funny enough it's the American military who screws up operations from time to time...

With the USA out of S.Korea Japan will take more of an interest to it's neighbor and provide aid.

21-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Good I was unaware of the end of the contract. Also forgot Guam. I knew the US had an island in the area but forgot which island.

Korea and Japan helping each other? Sounds so weird from a historical Asian perspective =p The only rivalry larger for Japan is with China.