Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 07:16 AM
RE: Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen
(05-01-2017 07:04 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 07:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  In your OP you quote CBS, a national network. So much for your 'local only' bullshit.

I know that I quoted it. I fucking made the post.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38514759

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2017, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 07:31 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-01-2017 06:44 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 04:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's all over the mainstream media news headlines here. You got different mainstream media in Canada?

What media outlet specifically did you see it on? At the time of posting it, I believe it had only been on Fox's news 29 - local news.

NBC, CBS, CNN, Mediaite, UK Guardian, HuffPo, WaPo, Drudge, not sure where I didn't see it. Now run along and play in traffic before some big bad scary black woman comes and beats you up like they used to in elementary school. How many blacks are in Canada anyway?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 07:29 AM
(05-01-2017 05:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I've lived in black neighborhoods and my experiences were awful

If you're an asshole you will have awful experiences no matter where you live. Asshole.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-01-2017, 08:06 AM
First I've heard of it.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-01-2017, 08:14 AM
I can't wait for people to blame this on liberals.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
05-01-2017, 08:15 AM
(05-01-2017 08:14 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I can't wait for people to blame this on liberals.
Wish granted.

Fucking liberals.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
05-01-2017, 08:25 AM
In this instance racism is relevant. The attackers are heard on video using racial statements.

CNN article

Quote:His attackers laugh and shout "f*ck Donald Trump" and "f*ck white people" as they kick and punch him.

Anyone can be racist. The numerous incidents of racism highlighted during the election were white-black, white-Hispanic and white-muslim. In this case it is black-white.

There are many motivations for committing crimes and some are judged by society to be worse than others.

Racism makes a crime worse because it inherently dehumanizes the victim and empowers the perpetrator. Societies profess that there are basic human rights that apply to all people. Racism proclaims that one race is superior and that other races are inferior, less deserving of the same rights.

Racism allows people to justify actions that they would otherwise abhor. Like religion, racism can convince "good" people to do "bad" things.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-01-2017, 08:42 AM
[Image: Uf3IgGt.png]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2017, 08:42 AM
(05-01-2017 03:03 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And other than local news, no mainstream media gives a fuck about this. We all know why.

No we don't. Please tell us why.

No "mainstream" media? It even made headlines Downunder: reported News Corp Australia Network, 5 January 2017, 3:26PM AEDT.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
05-01-2017, 08:48 AM
(05-01-2017 08:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 03:03 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  And other than local news, no mainstream media gives a fuck about this. We all know why.

No we don't. Please tell us why.

No "mainstream" media? It even made headlines Downunder: reported News Corp Australia Network, 5 January 2017, 3:26PM AEDT.

I searched for it on CNN. CNN has reported on it. Very strange, I thought they wouldn't give a fuck.