Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen
(05-01-2017 08:25 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  ...
Racism makes a crime worse because it inherently dehumanizes the victim and empowers the perpetrator. Societies profess that there are basic human rights that apply to all people. Racism proclaims that one race is superior and that other races are inferior, less deserving of the same rights.

Racism allows people to justify actions that they would otherwise abhor. Like religion, racism can convince "good" people to do "bad" things.

Yup. Tribalism is alive and well and living in the US.

And everywhere else.

One thing that struck me about Standing Rock was the lack of tribalism of the tribes.

Seems like, as with 1930s Europe, all one needs to unite the tribes is a common enemy.

Bravo, to the US, for electing one.

Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
05-01-2017, 09:14 AM
(05-01-2017 08:48 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 08:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  No we don't. Please tell us why.

No "mainstream" media? It even made headlines Downunder: reported News Corp Australia Network, 5 January 2017, 3:26PM AEDT.

I searched for it on CNN. CNN has reported on it. Very strange, I thought they wouldn't give a fuck.

I had CNN on for the morning news and they had a huge segment on it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-01-2017, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 10:08 AM by epronovost.)
I wonder if some outlet will prefer to deal with this story from the angle of handicapped people being martyrised. People with handicap, especially mental handicap, are much more likely to suffer from violence than able bodied persons (1.5 more likely for physical handicap and 4 times more likely for mental handicap). Because of their disabilities, they are easier to dehumanise and most of the time defenceless. I don't think that the choice of victim of that hate mob or gang (can a grop of four be qualified of mob?) was innocent. I would bet they were aware that the man they were assaulting was handicapped even if they didn't knew him. I hope those responsible for this attack will be dealt with and that those who witness the attack and encouraged the mob should also face some charge should they be able to identify them. Black civil rights leaders should also focus some effort into denouncing hate and violence toward white people and reinstate their desire to see their civil rights movement carry the fight against racism and poverty in their community through none-violent means.

On another note, traditionnaly, when a lashback against a racialized community happens, we usually prop up those types of crimes. I do believe that most African-American are just as shocked and disgusted than anybody else and would not wish an innocent man to suffer. Incidence of racial crimes against white happen from time to time. When the political climate is particularly toxic, such as after the election of a populist nationalist POTUS, those crimes are proped up to serve a, frequently, xenophobic narrative. In American history though, crimes against women were favored. The classical gang rape of a white women by a group of black gangster is a classic in terms of racial crime that was instrumentalised to create a backlash against said community. I wonder if white idiots and gangster will fall for that trick and take revenge against black for this attack by doing something very similar.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
05-01-2017, 10:46 AM
(05-01-2017 07:04 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 07:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  In your OP you quote CBS, a national network. So much for your 'local only' bullshit.

I know that I quoted it. I fucking made the post.

And you said "And other than local news, no mainstream media gives a fuck about this. "
You are a fucking moron.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2017, 11:08 AM
(05-01-2017 09:14 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 08:25 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  ...
Racism makes a crime worse because it inherently dehumanizes the victim and empowers the perpetrator. Societies profess that there are basic human rights that apply to all people. Racism proclaims that one race is superior and that other races are inferior, less deserving of the same rights.

Racism allows people to justify actions that they would otherwise abhor. Like religion, racism can convince "good" people to do "bad" things.

Yup. Tribalism is alive and well and living in the US.

And everywhere else.

One thing that struck me about Standing Rock was the lack of tribalism of the tribes.

Seems like, as with 1930s Europe, all one needs to unite the tribes is a common enemy.

Bravo, to the US, for electing one.

Thumbsup

They're a little late. If they'd had the foresight to unite under Tecumseh, the native Americans probably could have won the War of 1812.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
05-01-2017, 11:10 AM
(05-01-2017 10:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 07:04 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I know that I quoted it. I fucking made the post.

And you said "And other than local news, no mainstream media gives a fuck about this. "
You are a fucking moron.

Hang yourself you stupid old senile fuck. Please do the world a favor and do it LOL.

Youtube and facebook are now censoring this. Police and media refuse to call it a hate crime, even though that's what it objectively fucking is. Fucking disgusting nation the US is.
05-01-2017, 11:13 AM
[Image: tumblr_ojbbpiX2Hd1qk91wgo1_540.png]

Her bond is only $1500, with a bail bondsman, she would have to come up with 10% of the $1500. So the girl responsible for livestreaming the racist torture of that special needs Chicago teen could potentially be out on $150 bond.

God praise the US.
05-01-2017, 11:19 AM
A hate crime looks like this. I refuse to await further evidence rather than rely on my lying eyes. I am confident that they will be arrested and charged appropriately.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
05-01-2017, 11:22 AM
(05-01-2017 11:10 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(05-01-2017 10:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  And you said "And other than local news, no mainstream media gives a fuck about this. "
You are a fucking moron.

Hang yourself you stupid old senile fuck. Please do the world a favor and do it LOL.

Gilga, I award you the title of the biggest asswipe TTA has ever seen. Enjoy.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
05-01-2017, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2017 11:29 AM by Fatbaldhobbit.)
(05-01-2017 11:13 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  [Image: tumblr_ojbbpiX2Hd1qk91wgo1_540.png]

Her bond is only $1500, with a bail bondsman, she would have to come up with 10% of the $1500. So the girl responsible for livestreaming the racist torture of that special needs Chicago teen could potentially be out on $150 bond.

God praise the US.

Dumb Fuck: That arrest date is OCTOBER 2016.

ETA:
[Image: dumbass_zpsc4yrjuab.png]

Fucking seriously. If you're going to be a racist, at least be a competent racist.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 9 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post