Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 08:52 AM
RE: Hate crime - torture - against white disabled teen
(06-01-2017 08:00 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  The reason the concept of white privilege exists is because racists have been telling those they deem to be inferior that they are inferior, and their own race is superior. It's a fundamental aspect in the psychology of racism.

Were? Only time I have seen that is when they demean white people.

(06-01-2017 08:00 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Thus, the people who brought the slaves over in the U.S., for example, were privileged, because it was essentially impossible for them to be enslaved due to the color of their skin.

Sure, but those were people back then not now.

(06-01-2017 08:00 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Similarly, the fact that no one would call me a "nigger" means that I am privileged because of the color of my skin. I'm not sure why this is at all implausible. It's the logical conclusion one would make.

No one would call me a chink because of my skin color, or a cracker, or a beaner. Guess I have privilage not to be called those things thanks to my skin.

(06-01-2017 08:00 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Note that I am not arguing only white people can be racist.

The problem isn't that other races can't be racist, but that people assume you can't be racist towards white people.

(06-01-2017 08:00 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Oh and furthermore, the only reason we have overly politically correct people is because of hateful, bigoted people. I blame the hateful people more.

Most of the people called bigoted and hateful are people who aren't. Hell people try to dismiss MLK because they think what he said hurts black people. I blame the lack of debate against ideas from the left more(though some on the right wouldn't debate either.)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
06-01-2017, 08:55 AM
(06-01-2017 08:30 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 07:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Hell, BLM tries to make it seem as if every black person ever shot was innocent

Trouble is, the legal standard *is* innocent...until proven guilty. And guilt/innocence is determined by trial. And it's pretty hard to hold a trial, when the suspect is dead.

The issue is not whether the suspect has or has not commited a crime, it is that due process is not followed, and the fact is that it is disproportionally less likely to be followed if you are black (there's that white privilege right there).

Or are you content for the police to be judge, jury and executioner?
U

No. First off I ain't saying police should be the judges, but to assume each and ever one of those people shot were innocent or dindu nuffin hurts the cause. Even though it isn't good to shoot people, there comes a point in time were the has to be a necessary evil.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
06-01-2017, 08:56 AM
I'm a little surprised by the amount of name calling on this thread

"Fuck off"

"Fuck you"

"Asshole" and more

What that says to me is that we haven't learned how to discuss this issue yet. People on both sides are scared and upset.
06-01-2017, 08:57 AM
(06-01-2017 08:49 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 08:36 AM)tomilay Wrote:  That and also the fact that shooting should only happen if the person is rather about to kill the officer. As opposed to if he is guilty or innocent. Cops ought not to be vigilantes.
Yeah, that was the point I was trying (but obviously failing) to make. MZ implied that some of the people shot were not innocent, but how has he determined this? How does a cop determine it? Do they have access to all the evidence, have they considered the prosecution and defence arguments to come to a decision, beyond all reasonable doubt, as is the standard in criminal law? OFC not, they can't possibly. Yet MZ appears to be OK with that, and doesn't seem to understand why other people might not be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

"Security camera footage, from shortly before the shooting, recorded Brown stealing several packages of cigarillos from a nearby convenience store and assaulting the store clerk who tried to stop him, according to the Department of Justice examination. Brown was accompanied by his friend Dorian Johnson. Wilson had been notified by police dispatch of the robbery and descriptions of the two suspects. He encountered Brown and Johnson as they were walking down the middle of the street. Wilson said that he realized that the two men matched the robbery suspects' descriptions. Wilson backed up his cruiser and blocked them. An altercation ensued with Brown and Wilson struggling through the window of the police vehicle for control of Wilson's gun until it was fired. Brown and Johnson then fled, with Wilson in pursuit of Brown. Brown stopped and turned to face the officer, then Brown moved toward him. Wilson fired at Brown several times, all shots striking him in the front, with the possible exception of the two bullets fired into Brown's right arm.In the entire altercation, Wilson fired a total of twelve bullets; the last was probably the fatal shot. Brown was unarmed and moving toward Wilson when the final shots were fired. Witness reports differed as to what Brown was doing with his hands when he was shot, but the U.S. Department of Justice found that those witnesses who said that Brown had his hands up in surrender were not credible"

So guess Michael Brown was innocent then?

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-01-2017, 09:29 AM
(06-01-2017 08:57 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 08:49 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  Yeah, that was the point I was trying (but obviously failing) to make. MZ implied that some of the people shot were not innocent, but how has he determined this? How does a cop determine it? Do they have access to all the evidence, have they considered the prosecution and defence arguments to come to a decision, beyond all reasonable doubt, as is the standard in criminal law? OFC not, they can't possibly. Yet MZ appears to be OK with that, and doesn't seem to understand why other people might not be.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

"Security camera footage, from shortly before the shooting, recorded Brown stealing several packages of cigarillos from a nearby convenience store and assaulting the store clerk who tried to stop him, according to the Department of Justice examination. Brown was accompanied by his friend Dorian Johnson. Wilson had been notified by police dispatch of the robbery and descriptions of the two suspects. He encountered Brown and Johnson as they were walking down the middle of the street. Wilson said that he realized that the two men matched the robbery suspects' descriptions. Wilson backed up his cruiser and blocked them. An altercation ensued with Brown and Wilson struggling through the window of the police vehicle for control of Wilson's gun until it was fired. Brown and Johnson then fled, with Wilson in pursuit of Brown. Brown stopped and turned to face the officer, then Brown moved toward him. Wilson fired at Brown several times, all shots striking him in the front, with the possible exception of the two bullets fired into Brown's right arm.In the entire altercation, Wilson fired a total of twelve bullets; the last was probably the fatal shot. Brown was unarmed and moving toward Wilson when the final shots were fired. Witness reports differed as to what Brown was doing with his hands when he was shot, but the U.S. Department of Justice found that those witnesses who said that Brown had his hands up in surrender were not credible"

As I said, it's not about being innocent or guilty, it is the fact that Brown did not have the opportunity of a trial.

Please, go ahead and explain, even if I concede that Brown stole the cigarettes (which, lets not forget Wilson was only going on a description at that time), what justifies Wilson shooting him to death.
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
06-01-2017, 09:50 AM
(06-01-2017 09:29 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 08:57 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

As I said, it's not about being innocent or guilty, it is the fact that Brown did not have the opportunity of a trial.

Please, go ahead and explain, even if I concede that Brown stole the cigarettes (which, lets not forget Wilson was only going on a description at that time), what justifies Wilson shooting him to death.

Brown assaulting him through the window of the cruiser -- which forensic evidence presented in court seemed to prove...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-01-2017, 10:00 AM
(06-01-2017 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Brown assaulting him through the window of the cruiser -- which forensic evidence presented in court seemed to prove...............

Ok, so according to MZ's wiki link, the assault happened, and if the shooting happened at that time I think Wilson could possibly have a case for self defence. But it didn't, it happened later after further pursuit. I'm assuming that you don't agree that it's justified to shoot a person to death because they assaulted you a little while earlier?
06-01-2017, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2017 10:31 AM by GirlyMan.)
(05-01-2017 09:43 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  The issue is that out of all hate crimes, any minority on white seems to be taken less seriously. Hell it took a bunch of conservatives yelling about it just to get it noticed. Hell it ain't the first time where black people attacked white people do to their race and it won't be the last. The issue is that this is the first time in a long time where an actual hate crime against a white person via black people was actually in the news. And why does nobody care? Because of myths like white privilage or fighting against white feminism or whatever the fuck the dumbasses in sociology class are coming up with to justify their racism.

Also P.S, every non white group doesn't live in such danger because we fear whitey, that is bullshit. Hell I have more to fear from someone my own skin color than some white person.

Hydroquinone. They don't take blacks in Tokyo. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-01-2017, 10:49 AM
(06-01-2017 10:07 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hydroquinone. They don't take blacks in Tokyo. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 95973412.jpg]

06-01-2017, 11:07 AM
(06-01-2017 10:49 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(06-01-2017 10:07 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Hydroquinone. They don't take blacks in Tokyo. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 95973412.jpg]

Don't blame me when you find yourself in the Tokyo zoo. I tried to warn you.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus