Have Presidents Always Been Hated This Much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Have Presidents Always Been Hated This Much?
For as long as I have lived presidents have been hated. I expect hatred toward presidents will continue until its outlawed by the state.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2013, 03:44 AM
(17-10-2013 08:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  For as long as I have lived presidents have been hated. I expect hatred toward presidents will continue until its outlawed by the state.

and then what? people will continue, and either it will be put to rest, or the government will be toppled. i place my bet on the latter.
18-10-2013, 04:57 AM
(18-10-2013 03:44 AM)odin Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 08:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  For as long as I have lived presidents have been hated. I expect hatred toward presidents will continue until its outlawed by the state.

and then what? people will continue, and either it will be put to rest, or the government will be toppled. i place my bet on the latter.

As long as people are relatively happy there's not much chance for revolution. Technology and the welfare state will keep people content.

KingsChosen is a lying douchebag
18-10-2013, 05:13 AM
(18-10-2013 04:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 03:44 AM)odin Wrote:  and then what? people will continue, and either it will be put to rest, or the government will be toppled. i place my bet on the latter.

As long as people are relatively happy there's not much chance for revolution. Technology and the welfare state will keep people content.

people love their right to hate. that's all there is to say about it.
18-10-2013, 08:44 AM
(17-10-2013 05:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 08:48 PM)black_squirrel Wrote:  Well, in the south Obama may be more hated than Bush. But Bush was really unpopular at the end of his term. So much so that
he is still hiding under a rock somewhere.

But hating often says more about the hater than about the hatee (if there is such a word).

Anything Democratic is hated in the South....

Talk about a "blanket statement" or "broad brush" comment......
I don't thing many Southerners at all would agree with your comment.
Being one myself, I surely don't.

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
19-10-2013, 09:51 AM
(18-10-2013 08:44 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 05:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Anything Democratic is hated in the South....

Talk about a "blanket statement" or "broad brush" comment......
I don't thing many Southerners at all would agree with your comment.
Being one myself, I surely don't.

I agree. Obama carried a lot of votes in the south in 2008 and carried several states as well. Same in 2012, although he did not do quite as well. Virginia has put Democrats into federal office several times the past few years. In some of the deep red south, they have remained that way through the art of gerrymandering their districts. In the 2012 election the Democrats carried 2,000,000 more votes nationwide in the House elections than the Republicans. If it wasn't for that gerrymandering, the Democrats would have acheived single party rule (or, as I like to call it, "The Shitties Possible Outcome"). According to some current polls, if the midterm elections were held right now the Republicans would lose the House, which means they would lose a lot of votes in the south.

Personally, I don't put a whole lot of stock in polls a year before an election, but the perception that everyone south of the Mason Dixon line hates the Democrats is clearly false. As false as the idea that everyone north of the Line loves them.

Personally, I wish a plague upon both their houses. I think both parties suck equally.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
21-10-2013, 04:29 PM
For those of you saying presidents haven't been hated as much : stop.
Back in the day when there were less presidents (Washington, Adams, and then comes Jefferson) this newspaper company prints Jefferson working with the devil. It's not symbolic but it was literally the devil. It was as mean back then as it was now.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
21-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Black guy's getting a raw deal. Black guy knew he'd be getting a raw deal. Black guy's handling it Jackie Robinson well. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.
21-10-2013, 06:39 PM
(21-10-2013 04:29 PM)Question Wrote:  For those of you saying presidents haven't been hated as much : stop.
Back in the day when there were less presidents (Washington, Adams, and then comes Jefferson) this newspaper company prints Jefferson working with the devil. It's not symbolic but it was literally the devil. It was as mean back then as it was now.

Yes.

The first vicious mudslinging election in American politics was... 1800.

People left Washington well enough alone, but Jefferson and Adams hated each other. Or more to the point - their supporters hated each other.

... this is my signature!
21-10-2013, 06:43 PM
(21-10-2013 06:39 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 04:29 PM)Question Wrote:  For those of you saying presidents haven't been hated as much : stop.

Yes.

The first vicious mudslinging election in American politics was... 1800.

People left Washington well enough alone, but Jefferson and Adams hated each other. Or more to the point - their supporters hated each other.

The dirtiest election was probably John Quincy Adams vs Old Hickory Andrew Jackson. That one had mudslinging on an unprecedented level and ended up with a back room deal that gave Adams the presidency and Jackson's supporters cried foul for four years.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]