Have a ? on letter writing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Have a ? on letter writing
(05-03-2013 08:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 07:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For impersonal professional correspondence, I was taught and still use "Dear Sir" or "Dear Madam" or "To Whom It May Concern" to open depending on whether my message was a response or the initial contact and "Sincerely" to close. For personal professional correspondence where I know and work with the other person I use "Hi" and "Thanks". For personal unprofessional correspondence I generally use "The Fuck's Up" and "Later Leroy".

The Fuck's Up Woofmeister,

Nice to see you back.

Later Leroy,
Girly
Dear Madam sounds as if you're writing to a brothel!

Yeah, I haven't used it in a while and now that I think of it I use "Dear Ma'am", same damn thing though. And even if I'm responding to a specific woman and know she is married, I always use "Ms." instead of "Mrs.". This is just shit I was taught decades ago and never thought to look to update. Dunno what the standard is today.

(05-03-2013 08:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Yeah back again, I annoy myself too with these geriatric gaffs....... Consider Laughat

It's all good, brother. Just glad to see you again. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 08:34 PM
I opened the letter with 'Dear Ms. Soandso,' since I was responding to a specific person. My boss thought the letter looked good and that my choice of wording in telling them to fuck off was fine.

Appreciate the input!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Hey dude,

Always open with
"Hey dude,"
and close with
"Peace homie,"

Especially when writing to an important player, cause, you know, they want to feel like one of the guys too... even if they're a woman.

This concludes todays lesson.

Peace homie,

Michael
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post