Have you been a victim of MLM? (Multi Level Marketing schemes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: Have you been a victim of MLM? (Multi Level Marketing schemes)
I had a friend who tried to sell Mary Kay. She tried for a month and quit. She made 100 bucks and got some trial size freebies. No pink Cadillac for her!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2017, 11:50 AM
How in the actual fuck has nobody else posted this yet? Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Omfg

You should take a look of all the groups I’ve been added to on fb.

Everything from leggings, diet plans, makeup, cleaning stuff, nail polish kits, cooking shit, purses, jewelry omg the fucking crappy jewelry, and that's not even including the woo-ish stuff like energy crystals and the essential oils, which I would only buy for the smell, not because I thought it would make me feel better or heal whatever ails me.

I've never known anyone that actually made a lot money doing of any of this and they "buy in" to sell for some of these "products" is huge usually they entice with "a (modest) discount and free shipping on all your orders." which encourages people to keep products in their home. In case one of their friends needs something they can sell it to them directly.

They're told to have give aways...which means essentially, you pay for this product (getting your discount and free shipping) but give it away by holding a drawing or contest to build interest in their products and increase sales. The amount of work some put into their 'business' is amazing to me. They spend hundreds of dollars to attend "conventions" where they're told to buy more products because they empower women or whatever keyword they want to push.

But what usually happens they end up trading with other people who also sell other worthless products so the whole thing becomes a giant circle jerk between them with the mentality of "you buy my products and I'll buy yours."

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Have you been a victim of MLM? (Multi Level Marketing schemes)
My sister is into something like Perfectly Posh. Can't remember the exact name. She was an Avon rep for a while. One of mother's friends was the most successful Avon ladies in this area. She bought houses and cars (outright, no payments) with her earnings. When she died, people scrambled to get her customer list. She had promised it to my sister, but these things turn people onto bloodthirsty vultures.

They eventually distributed a list of customers, but no one had enough customers to make it worthwhile. Except, of course, the one above her. (She decided how to distribute the names.) She managed to get the customers who spend the most.

Someone tried to get me into Herbalife and some miracle goji juice thing. Funny how when you ask for third party studies they get cagey.
21-10-2017, 11:58 AM
(21-10-2017 09:55 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I once considered getting into Mary Kay, but it never went past the consideration phase. I was too young to have recognized it for the scheme it was, but either way, I did recognize that I'm not cut out for sales.

Other than that, I've never known anyone who was into MLMs, but I've seen reports about this on tv. It's a disgusting practice, and there will be no government intervention any time soon with Trump in office. Dodgy

Same, but for me it was Avon. I never did anything with it either, also too young at the time.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-10-2017, 08:21 PM
3 plus years and maybe $15K spent on Amway in early 80's. Rick Setzer and Dewy Tobias.

Yeah, we were plenty motivated, but not very well connected. We watched a couple people actually "work the plan" and fuc yeah, it did work for them, to Direct & Ruby.
I was my biggest ob-stackle. (ha! and still am!)

Lost a few friendships, and am certain I made a buttload of enemies (Like I needed to swell that number) and fuced up some truly good potential friendships trying to share that DREAM.

Would have been easier if those other contacts had never achieved walk across the stage success.

Bottom line is, I did take away a more (and sorely needed) positive attitude toward life, stronger relationship with the spouse, in spite of my failure. Dodgy
$15K and the noted worthwhile relationships was too a steep price for us to pay. Much less the fuc'n time wasted.

You have to be odd to be #1.
21-10-2017, 08:27 PM
(21-10-2017 08:21 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  3 plus years and maybe $15K spent on Amway in early 80's. Rick Setzer and Dewy Tobias.

Yeah, we were plenty motivated, but not very well connected. We watched a couple people actually "work the plan" and fuc yeah, it did work for them, to Direct & Ruby.
I was my biggest ob-stackle. (ha! and still am!)

Lost a few friendships, and am certain I made a buttload of enemies (Like I needed to swell that number) and fuced up some truly good potential friendships trying to share that DREAM.

Would have been easier if those other contacts had never achieved walk across the stage success.

Bottom line is, I did take away a more (and sorely needed) positive attitude toward life, stronger relationship with the spouse, in spite of my failure. Dodgy
$15K and the noted worthwhile relationships was too a steep price for us to pay. Much less the fuc'n time wasted.

This is what I’m talking about. These MLMs are insidious.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-10-2017, 05:32 AM
(21-10-2017 08:27 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  This is what I’m talking about. These MLMs are insidious.

I must agree, but respectively for most.
Some actually "get there".

You have to be odd to be #1.
22-10-2017, 08:19 AM
My SIL sells Beachbody and I will say, it made me see a side of her I really can't stand. Including judging people who don't work out, judging how people eat, implying her MIL died because she was fat and didn't take care of herself (it was cancer).

She calls herself a "coach" and fancies herself a nutritionist...you know because selling Beachbody products qualifies you as a fitness and nutritional expert. Just think! All of those educated nutritionists could have saved themselves all of that time and effort studying and just paid $40 a month for a fake title from Beachbody!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
22-10-2017, 10:23 AM
(22-10-2017 08:19 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  My SIL sells Beachbody and I will say, it made me see a side of her I really can't stand. Including judging people who don't work out, judging how people eat, implying her MIL died because she was fat and didn't take care of herself (it was cancer).

She calls herself a "coach" and fancies herself a nutritionist...you know because selling Beachbody products qualifies you as a fitness and nutritional expert. Just think! All of those educated nutritionists could have saved themselves all of that time and effort studying and just paid $40 a month for a fake title from Beachbody!

Around here the big thing is Camp Gladiator...similar concept.

I do the books for some of them. There is (among others) trainer income, parent income, and grandparent income...quite the MLM lingo. Some also peddle the essential oils.

I also see them not only spend a lot of money on supplements and CG gear but also a LOT of fast food and liquor (which seems to be a lot of not practicing what you preach). Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post