Have you been a victim of MLM? (Multi Level Marketing schemes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2017, 02:16 PM
RE: Have you been a victim of MLM? (Multi Level Marketing schemes)
This wasn't a MLM, but it was still sales BS. When I was looking for a summer job during my college years, I saw an ad for a sales person and I applied. At the interview, I was given a sales presentation concerning a "vacuum cleaner" which was really a steam cleaner. However, this was being sold as a "better vacuum cleaner" because it cycled water through the carpet and cleaned more thoroughly than a standard vacuum cleaner. As a young guy whose mother had always done most of the house cleaning, what did I know about vacuum cleaners? (And this was about 30 years ago so maybe steam cleaners weren't as common then?) So the sales pitch made perfect sense to me and I was excited because I believed these would sell. However, as "training", I was then supposed to set up 2 appointments with neighbors to give my presentation without pay because it was training - even though those could result in real sales. Furthermore, I was to purchase the vacuum cleaner that I would be using for the demos - after all, so I was told, I would easily get the money back in the first few sales. Yeah right... That made no sense that the company wouldn't provide the demo models for us to sell their product. I told them "no" and never went back.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
12-11-2017, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2017 05:27 AM by BackSlider.)
So what ever happened to -Glenn Turner and his Dare to be Great w/ Koscot?
He had to be one of the first to start the multilevel marketing concept.
I was way too young then, but he sure get kudos for being a motivator toward being all you can be.
[Image: 51CQK5V1PHL.jpg]

Well dang, he's still around and kicking.
http://www.glennwturner.biz/

You have to be odd to be #1.
12-11-2017, 12:58 PM
It Works!

[Image: have-you-tried-that-crazy-wrap-thing.png]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson