Have you ever been hypnotized?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2017, 08:24 PM
RE: Have you ever been hypnotized?
No. I'm not "suggestible".
If you are, then you may be hypnotized.
There are examples where some people undergo surgery without anesthesia, in a hypnotic state. So it must work for some.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggestibility

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-04-2017, 08:29 PM
I volunteered once, but turned out to be a poor subject. Also, if one considers the whole charismatic/Pentecostal stuff to be some form of suggestion, though not hypnosis, it also doesn't work for me. That said, relaxed self-induced meditative states are actually rather easy for me in the right conditions, which I think is in no small part due to prayer as a practice.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-04-2017, 08:40 PM
(19-04-2017 09:30 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Short answer is no, I've been told on more than one occasion that I am un hypnotizable.

Same with me, but it led me to hypnotize others. It was very easy for me to hypnotize people. After a while I stopped when I realized there could be and were problems that could come about. I had a couple of somewhat scary sessions. There were times someone would ask me to stop their smoking or stop a tic somewhere. I had read up enough to know that relieving something like that could lead to other manifestations if the original problem was caused by some psychological condition.

Haven't done it for years and don't think I will again.

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
[+] 1 user Likes Ro3bert's post
24-04-2017, 02:16 PM
I had some hypo therapy. It helped me with some post trauma stuff. It took a few tries and isn't perfect (it's not like the cartoons where you become possessed with a new way of thinking). It just helps rewire things to create new (better) habits/way of thinking. My experience was positive.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-04-2017, 02:39 PM
Have you ever been hypnotized?
(19-04-2017 01:04 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It reminds me of that no-contact martial artist who got slapped around (literally) by a skeptic. He supposedly could block and throw people without touching them, and had videos "proving" it. Turns out, it was all suggestion and the participants wanted it to work. A single skeptic was all it took to show the folly of a fighting style that relies on the willing belief of your opponent.

I have studied various martial arts under many different instructors (sensei). The most gifted bad ass one of them was a 5th Dan in ninjutsu. His skills were absolutely undeniable.

Problem with him was he was a nut job. He claimed to be able to see everyone's aura, could see through objects, and could strike you without contact.

He wouldn't show that he could do it because nobody in the dojo was ready to learn it yet. He genuinely believed he could do this shit. If it weren't for his actual physical skills I wouldn't have trained under him for as long as I did.
25-04-2017, 07:18 PM
No, never had an experience but with a guy, yes LOL