Have you ever de-converted anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Have you ever de-converted anyone?
No. Not my place. It would be like hitting a cripple with a sackful of sick kittens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Pippen's post
16-03-2014, 08:03 PM
(16-03-2014 07:08 PM)Pippen Wrote:  No. Not my place. It would be like hitting a cripple with a sackful of sick kittens.

Phfffft! LaughatThumbsup I hit the "like" button that one.

I'm a pretty mild mannered gal and, if I may say so, kinda nice. (Well, most of the time.) Many people, without knowing me too well think I'm religious. How funny is that? One theist was dumb struck to find out that I was an atheist . It rocked her preconceived notion of an atheist so much that I think I might have inadvertently caused her to question her world view for maybe three seconds. That's about as close as I've ever gotten to a de-conversion.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
16-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Never tried, but I can claim one victory. I came to my own conclusions over a few months worth of relentless searching, and my poor wife didn't have a chance to get away. She wasn't raised religious, but always kinda had the vague belief that there is a god or something. After everything I dug through, she couldn't help but agree with me, she's a pretty hep cat.

So I guess yes and no. It's not like a belief in anything ever swayed her thinking on anything one way or another, she's actually enjoying my newfound worldview as a non-bigoted douchebag, but I have influenced her to think about things a bit more in depth. So it's a win either way. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
16-03-2014, 09:19 PM
I rarely did that in a serious way, and I am not sure whether I succeeded for once or not.

Want something? Then do something.
17-03-2014, 10:33 AM
people have tried to deconvert me but my faith is to strong GODS love has helped me thru alot.
17-03-2014, 10:35 AM
(17-03-2014 10:33 AM)seroasha Wrote:  people have tried to deconvert me but my faith is to strong GODS love has helped me thru alot.

Pray for some spelling skills. Drinking Beverage

People
too
through
a lot

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-03-2014, 10:39 AM
no its not too its to,you use too when you say too much for ex
17-03-2014, 10:46 AM
(17-03-2014 10:39 AM)seroasha Wrote:  no its not too its to,you use too when you say too much for ex

"but my faith is to strong"
too

GODS love has helped
God's

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
17-03-2014, 10:48 AM
ok i do try to spell good
17-03-2014, 10:56 AM
(17-03-2014 10:48 AM)seroasha Wrote:  ok i do try to spell good

u doo? cus u culda fuken foled mee.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop