Have you ever de-converted anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: Have you ever de-converted anyone?
(16-03-2014 06:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  No de-conversions

But I have de-ark'd 3 people, and de-genesis'd 1 person.
Every little bit helps.

How?
If I get to a point they can't awnser, they say, ''you won't make me doubt.''
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bible Belt Brawler's post
25-03-2014, 06:14 AM
I think I have 'de-converted' 5 Atheists who were willing to seriously look at what they believed.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
25-03-2014, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 06:26 AM by sporehux.)
(24-03-2014 12:03 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  
(16-03-2014 06:18 PM)sporehux Wrote:  No de-conversions

But I have de-ark'd 3 people, and de-genesis'd 1 person.
Every little bit helps.

How?
If I get to a point they can't answer, they say, ''you won't make me doubt.''

ARK > http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter6.html

Genisis > Start with DOGS, finish with monkeys My victim watched cosmos and NDT used the dogs for an evolution analogy so he thinks I know shit now , lol .

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
25-03-2014, 07:04 AM
(25-03-2014 06:14 AM)Drich Wrote:  I think I have 'de-converted' 5 Atheists who were willing to seriously look at what they believed.

You de-converted me too!

Wink

25-03-2014, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 07:19 AM by Mathilda.)
(25-03-2014 06:14 AM)Drich Wrote:  I think I have 'de-converted' 5 Atheists who were willing to seriously look at what they believed.

Did they ask you questions and accept absolutely everything that you said?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-questions
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...commentary
25-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Before I became a Christian, yes... at least, to my knowledge... I never followed up to see where they stood down the road.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-03-2014, 01:53 PM
(25-03-2014 07:15 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Did they ask you questions and accept absolutely everything that you said?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-questions
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...commentary

I think it's more likely they just told him they were converted so he'd get off their lawn.

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
25-03-2014, 02:32 PM
(25-03-2014 06:23 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(24-03-2014 12:03 PM)Bible Belt Brawler Wrote:  How?
If I get to a point they can't answer, they say, ''you won't make me doubt.''

ARK > http://www.biblicalnonsense.com/chapter6.html

Genisis > Start with DOGS, finish with monkeys My victim watched cosmos and NDT used the dogs for an evolution analogy so he thinks I know shit now , lol .

thanks
25-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Didn't read through the thread so I apologize if this is redundant, but I believe in only being a seed planter. If someone is on the fence about their faith, I suggest to not stifle the desire to explore options outside of their faith. And should they follow the path as I did, they will figure it out on their own.

Which is always the best thing. Leaving religion is often hard even if you know it's built on nonsense, because it can often become a way of life for the person.

Go forth and plant seeds! Big Grin

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-03-2014, 06:49 PM
(16-03-2014 03:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Have any of you heathen, atheists ever knowingly de-converted any believers through a debate forum or any other method? Not being a debater myself, I've observed that most debates between non-believers and believers ends in a stand off. I avoid encounters with theists myself. They make my blood pressure spike.

Yes, in the last year I know of 14, I know this because they all came back to me and said, thank you for planting seeds that made me go rethink my faith, or give me the inspiration for learning more and thus, believing less. Some I have referred to this forum as a fantastic source of support and learning...some have showed up...this makes me feel like what I do is worthwhile, my efforts appreciated, my seeds properly planted. This is the very reason I do what I do. I have a daily presence on yahoo, and prefer it because it isnt the person i am debating that I am trying to reach, but those that are watching or maybe even participating as secondary posters to the thread that sometimes I can reach....they are the ones who are most likely fighting the inner doubts that I believe ALL believers have at some degree or another. But the hardcore closeminded believer? never.

On religious forums such as this, of which i am a member of three, the debates are either way out of my league because the people in both camps in these forums are deeply knowledgeable and able to substantiate their beliefs very well, and I have minimal chance on them changing their views...where as in yahoo it is a smorgasbord of people with diverse beliefs and levels of knowledge. I have greater impact on boards where I am usually the most knowledgeable on theology of course. Blush here, I feel like an amateur sometimes....but I am here to learn.

But yes, I have assisted people turn from delusion and reach out for reason and logic, and that is a great feeling.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post