Have you ever done a "Bang Bang"?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Have you ever done a "Bang Bang"?

Back in May, my lifelong best friend/quasi-brother and I decided to do an impromptu "bang bang". We went to Outback Steakhouse, had a Fosters beer a piece, a salad, some of the bread they bring out, a Bloomin' Onion and a bone-in medium rare ribeye with a baked potato.

About 45 minutes after we left (the drive, plus the walk down the street to the other restaurant), we went to Quaker Steak & Lube, and shared two Lube Tubes (100oz of beer each -- Blue Moon), ate a nachos/cheese appetizer and a bucket of chicken wings a piece. We were there until close to midnight. It's not a night that he likes to remember, because he proposed to our waitress and said some embarrassing things in hindsight (to me, not embarrassing, but to him? Oh yeah).

It was a fun experience. Had stomach pain on the way back home that night. Would I do it again? If I have the available funds and am feeling up to it, why not? Had a great time.

"Why would anybody possibly do that?" I don't know. We are in our (mid?) 20s, not too bright and have insane appetites. He's forever my grub/feasting partner in crime. We've conquered some incredible meals together. We only get together once every two or three months, so we enjoy the feast.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
16-01-2016, 07:44 PM
RE: Have you ever done a "Bang Bang"?
(16-01-2016 07:13 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  

Back in May, my lifelong best friend/quasi-brother and I decided to do an impromptu "bang bang". We went to Outback Steakhouse, had a Fosters beer a piece, a salad, some of the bread they bring out, a Bloomin' Onion and a bone-in medium rare ribeye with a baked potato.

About 45 minutes after we left (the drive, plus the walk down the street to the other restaurant), we went to Quaker Steak & Lube, and shared two Lube Tubes (100oz of beer each -- Blue Moon), ate a nachos/cheese appetizer and a bucket of chicken wings a piece. We were there until close to midnight. It's not a night that he likes to remember, because he proposed to our waitress and said some embarrassing things in hindsight (to me, not embarrassing, but to him? Oh yeah).

It was a fun experience. Had stomach pain on the way back home that night. Would I do it again? If I have the available funds and am feeling up to it, why not? Had a great time.

"Why would anybody possibly do that?" I don't know. We are in our (mid?) 20s, not too bright and have insane appetites. He's forever my grub/feasting partner in crime. We've conquered some incredible meals together. We only get together once every two or three months, so we enjoy the feast.

I physically could not consume my share of that meal. Big Grin I'm also pretty sure that 100 ounces of beer would put me six feet under. I cannot see that as being physically possible to consume in one sitting.

But hey, if you're having fun then I hope you continue to enjoy yourself! Next time you go, I'll raise my (modestly sized) glass to you!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
16-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Couldn't do it, made me queasy just to read about it. lol Tongue

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
16-01-2016, 08:17 PM
No restaurant bang bang for me Wink but I have gone to one restaurant and pretty much ate enough that would qualify for a 5 different restaurant bang bang.
16-01-2016, 09:01 PM
I have to admit, the title of this thread had me thinking something very different from its contents. Also, I've done a bang-bang, but I spell it differently.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Haha! I didn't know that was a thing, but I kind of did a bang bang last Thursday.

I was running around after work, and suddenly had a craving for Pad Thai. After polishing that off, I went home and followed it up with half a rack of ribs, potato salad and a bowl of ice cream.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
16-01-2016, 11:08 PM
Dammit man! You and yer click bait thread title... I love a good meal or two myself. But I was totally hoping for something else here.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
22-01-2016, 07:35 PM
(16-01-2016 07:13 PM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  

Nah. Plumbers are expensive.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
22-01-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm ready to do a bang bang now, I'm starving! Hobo
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
22-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Damn, 100 oz of beer each -- that's 8+ beers apiece.

You'd goddamned well better eat up before drinking that much.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post