Have you ever gone on a religious fast?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Have you ever gone on a religious fast?
Curious. Why is everyone here so eager to shoot me down when I'm not even talking about religion?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 06:44 PM
Hello Pops.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Yes, I did.
Fasting lasts for 24 hours.
Money that I would spend on my meals are donated to those who are in need. It calls fast offering. I am glad I can help someone, I can feel Spirit while I fast and prayers are answered.
P.S. Fasting without a prayer is not fasting but diet.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
14-09-2015, 06:54 PM
When I was growing up, my Dad wouldn't let us eat anything in the morning before church. I dunno if it was a Catholic thing, but basically the idea was to not have anything in your stomach prior to Communion. I think it was viewed as a sign of respect to Jesus. So in a sense, that was a form of fasting.
14-09-2015, 06:55 PM
(14-09-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I did.
Fasting lasts for 24 hours.
Money that I would spend on my meals are donated to those who are in need. It calls fast offering. I am glad I can help someone, I can feel Spirit while I fast and prayers are answered.
P.S. Fasting without a prayer is not fasting but diet.

Would your definition of "fast" include non-food items, too? Several people at my old church used to talk about fasting from television and such, like what people do for Lent.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
14-09-2015, 06:58 PM
(14-09-2015 06:55 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:48 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, I did.
Would your definition of "fast" include non-food items, too? Several people at my old church used to talk about fasting from television and such, like what people do for Lent.
No, but Spirit always guides me what is appropriate and what is not during fasting.

14-09-2015, 07:11 PM
(14-09-2015 06:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, but Spirit always guides me what is appropriate and what is not during fasting.

Are you sure the word you are looking for is spirit and not another word that starts with S?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-09-2015, 07:13 PM
(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 06:58 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, but Spirit always guides me what is appropriate and what is not during fasting.

Are you sure the word you are looking for is spirit and not another word that starts with S?

Salmonella?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
14-09-2015, 07:27 PM
(14-09-2015 07:13 PM)cactus Wrote:  
(14-09-2015 07:11 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Are you sure the word you are looking for is spirit and not another word that starts with S?

Salmonella?
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
14-09-2015, 07:42 PM
(14-09-2015 06:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  When I was growing up, my Dad wouldn't let us eat anything in the morning before church. I dunno if it was a Catholic thing, but basically the idea was to not have anything in your stomach prior to Communion. I think it was viewed as a sign of respect to Jesus. So in a sense, that was a form of fasting.

Definitely a Catholic thing. We weren't allowed to eat anything (water only) prior to going to mass and communion. Wasn't a big deal when I got older but as a young kid, it was awful, especially if we were to attend a later mass.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat