Have you ever gone on a religious fast?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-09-2015, 11:28 AM
RE: Have you ever gone on a religious fast?
I never fasted. The most I did was give up random things for lent. It wasn't required as a Lutheran.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-09-2015, 11:50 AM
(15-09-2015 04:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 03:48 AM)Ace Wrote:  yes, I have gone on a fast in the name of the almighty junk food establishments Drooling

basically I skipped breakfast and lunch because I wanted to see how much junk food I could stuff down my throat on an empty stomach in the middle of the night Yes

That sounds mildly unhealthy... Consider

if it wasn't then I wouldn't really do it
17-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I've had three colonoscopies in the last 6 months and I have to fast for 24 hours before each one. I also had to drink some stuff that completely cleans out my digestive tract. That is no big deal. When I was a young man, I went on a "vision quest" up on the reservation and I fasted three days for that. When I was in college and law school, I often did two day fasts. It's not a big deal.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
17-09-2015, 12:50 PM
When I was a little kid, our family would fast from sunset on Holy Thursday to noon on Holy Saturday (including Good Friday). When I got older, we were allowed bread and water (but no TV or radio for the duration, which was harder, IMO).

Then, as an adult, I decided that Good Friday would be the perfect day to do my taxes.
Even my (religious) parents agreed that was penance enough.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
17-09-2015, 04:02 PM
(17-09-2015 12:36 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I've had three colonoscopies in the last 6 months and I have to fast for 24 hours before each one. I also had to drink some stuff that completely cleans out my digestive tract. That is no big deal. When I was a young man, I went on a "vision quest" up on the reservation and I fasted three days for that. When I was in college and law school, I often did two day fasts. It's not a big deal.

Sounds like a pain in the ass.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post