Poll: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer Service person?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2016, 08:44 PM
So today I totally lost my shit on a customer service person--well, "supervisor." I usually don't lose my shit because I think you can handle things respectfully, but this guy was a total prick. A fucking condescending asshole.

I ordered a product, it was damaged by the person who delivered it--okay, that sucks, but you deal with it and it was an accident and the delivery guy felt like shit.

The CS Supervisor guy will not refund me until the product gets picked up, which again fine. So I had to wait two hours for delivery today and and the guy tells me I now will have to wait for a five hour window tomorrow for a pick up. I'm like um, I can't do that because it's in the middle of the day and a 5 hour window, seriously, for something that your people damaged??!! And the guy started in with the condescending prick BS and I lost my shit Wink Anyway, I feel bad about it, but he kinda deserved it Tongue

Anyway, I'm working my way back to zen as we speak. That fucking asshole fucked with my chakras Wink

So have you ever lost your shit on a customer service person/supervisor? Got any stories?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-12-2016, 09:02 PM
RE: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?
(12-12-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So have you ever lost your shit on a customer service person/supervisor? Got any stories?

Most of my negative experiences have been with relatively decent people working for companies that were shit. At my worst I have played telemarketer golf a few times when I was bored.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-12-2016, 09:09 PM
(12-12-2016 09:02 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So have you ever lost your shit on a customer service person/supervisor? Got any stories?

Most of my negative experiences have been with relatively decent people working for companies that were shit. At my worst I have played telemarketer golf a few times when I was bored.

Yeah, this guy was not a decent person. It was the way he talked to me.

What's telemarketer golf?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-12-2016, 09:14 PM
Last week I went into my kid's doctor office to get a replacement prescription that I misplaced. The woman at the counter told me that I would have to make another appointment with the doctor and bring her in to see him all over again.

After I clarified that she wasn't joking I fucking lost it. I loudly explained how god damned stupid that was and someone was going write the fucking prescription. The place was packed with people when this happened.

I stomped around to the door that went to the back where all the office workers were and barged right on in raising hell. The lead administrator there asked me to follow her in a private room. She politely explained that she would have the doctor write the prescription over as soon as he came in. In about an hour I got a call saying that it was ready and I could come by and get it.

I shouldn't have gotten that belligerent but fuck me if I'm bringing my kid back in to pay for an office visit all over again for a misplaced prescription.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
12-12-2016, 09:37 PM
(12-12-2016 09:14 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Last week I went into my kid's doctor office to get a replacement prescription that I misplaced. The woman at the counter told me that I would have to make another appointment with the doctor and bring her in to see him all over again.

After I clarified that she wasn't joking I fucking lost it. I loudly explained how god damned stupid that was and someone was going write the fucking prescription. The place was packed with people when this happened.

I stomped around to the door that went to the back where all the office workers were and barged right on in raising hell. The lead administrator there asked me to follow her in a private room. She politely explained that she would have the doctor write the prescription over as soon as he came in. In about an hour I got a call saying that it was ready and I could come by and get it.

I shouldn't have gotten that belligerent but fuck me if I'm bringing my kid back in to pay for an office visit all over again for a misplaced prescription.

In my situation, the guy was incredibly rude to me first. I don't typically do the losing my shit thing, unless the person is rude first and, man, this guy was.

12-12-2016, 10:09 PM
(12-12-2016 09:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What's telemarketer golf?

Telemarketer golf is a game for the near-terminally bored based on the notion that if you hang up on a telemarketer they will simply go straight to their next victim. If you keep them on the phone then with a little skill you can drive them slowly insane. The scoring is a bit variable but here's a quick rundown.

And an example.

My all time best was an AT&T rep who stayed on for a full 20 minutes trying to determine who my phone company was. I had ratchetted my IQ down to room temperature (Celcius) and finally broke him with:

AT&T: "OK, are you with Bell?"
Me: " I dunno..."
AT&T: "Is there "Bell" on your phone somewhere?"
Me: "Yup. It rang when you called just now."
AT&T: >click< Beeeeeeeeep.....

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
13-12-2016, 02:56 AM
When people lose their shit at me I just shrug it off. When they ask to speak to a supervisor i just tell them that their all in a meeting and are unavailable.

Second voice syndrome. Somebody with little to no more power than the operative, telling you the same thing as the operative did before. I aint getting out of my seat for that.

You can even it out jenny, next time you get good customer experience, tell them. People are quick to complain, yet slow to praise.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-12-2016, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 03:48 AM by morondog.)
I lost my shit once this year, and I was driven to it. I rented a car from a company that will go unnamed. At the last minute I had to cancel, and it turns out that in the very tiny print, they reserve the right to charge a fee - basically half of what was gonna be the rental cost, but only if you've paid in advance, which I had. I was all set to leave it but my bro convinced me to at least try to get some of it back, since literally all I had cost the rental company was probably two mouse clicks.

And yeah, they just gave me the run around. First their customer help line was never answered, then I sent an email which was auto-replied to and then ignored. Two weeks later I tried their FB page. I just got a little annoyed that this is how they treat people so I decided to be tenacious and at least force them to acknowledge me, even if they were gonna turn down my request. I was super polite at all times. It took me basically a month to get an email back from some twat telling me to fuck off, only in more polite corporate speak, with no apology for the uselessness of their customer service and a bullshit explanation of why they wouldn't refund the fee.

I sent him an email back in less polite vernacular and never heard from him again, but I sincerely hope he had a rotten day. ETA: It was fully justified, the bollocking I sent him. Like with Jennybee's experience, he was a condescending prick about the whole situation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-12-2016, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 04:07 AM by Gloucester.)
My biggest problem is some poor Indian sid trying go earn a wage cold selling, I usually just say, "Not interested" and put the phone down. Might buy one of those systems that blocks such calls.

But did let go, after pre-appologising, at a Virgin Media customer help-liner. I have settled for a low cost system, limited GHz/month for a fixed sum two months ago. At the end of the second month I had about a third of my allowance left - but that got wiped with the start if the new period. To my mind I had paid for that bandwidth and should have it carried forward. After all, they had my money whether I used it then or later.

There is no marketing disadvantage to letting me keep that credit and it would have allowed me to, say, watch three Star Wars movies back to back. And still rattle on on forums and buy stuff from Amazon and do my emails and . . .

So I likened it to theft or like saying I am not allowed to refill my gas tank unless I empty out any petrol already in it first. She replied that all ISPs do the same thing. My reply that this made all ISPs thieves seemed to annoy her.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
13-12-2016, 04:25 AM
(12-12-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So today I totally lost my shit on a customer service person--well, "supervisor." I usually don't lose my shit because I think you can handle things respectfully, but this guy was a total prick. A fucking condescending asshole.

I ordered a product, it was damaged by the person who delivered it--okay, that sucks, but you deal with it and it was an accident and the delivery guy felt like shit.

The CS Supervisor guy will not refund me until the product gets picked up, which again fine. So I had to wait two hours for delivery today and and the guy tells me I now will have to wait for a five hour window tomorrow for a pick up. I'm like um, I can't do that because it's in the middle of the day and a 5 hour window, seriously, for something that your people damaged??!! And the guy started in with the condescending prick BS and I lost my shit Wink Anyway, I feel bad about it, but he kinda deserved it Tongue

Anyway, I'm working my way back to zen as we speak. That fucking asshole fucked with my chakras Wink

So have you ever lost your shit on a customer service person/supervisor? Got any stories?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post