Poll: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer Service person?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 04:57 AM
RE: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?
When I first started the campaign im on, I was going to make a thread about all of the petty and crazy shit people ring and email in about. Heres a good place to whack some of them.

- I have bought a pack of teabags and got home and counted them. I only have 239 (the pack size is 240)

- Can I use Domestos bleach on my anus?

- My Pot Noodle is too watery (Pot Noodles are dehydrated snacks, you add your own water)

- Your packaging should warn people not to spray disenfectant on electrical items as my oven hob is now broken.

- My washing powder is lumpy, I want a refund (the washing powder was many years old)

Sadly, I can only send them money, not common sense.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
13-12-2016, 05:10 AM
(13-12-2016 02:56 AM)bemore Wrote:  When people lose their shit at me I just shrug it off. When they ask to speak to a supervisor i just tell them that their all in a meeting and are unavailable.

Second voice syndrome. Somebody with little to no more power than the operative, telling you the same thing as the operative did before. I aint getting out of my seat for that.

You can even it out jenny, next time you get good customer experience, tell them. People are quick to complain, yet slow to praise.

I totally agree about praising and giving credit to good customer service people and I always make a point of calling their supervisor and telling them that the person who helped me did a great job. Or I'll at least tell the customer service person helping me that I really appreciated their help and thank them for going out of their way to make sure everything was taken care of.

I worked as a waitress so I know how it is dealing with unhappy customers on occasion. I always did my best to make sure I helped them. If they were upset, I always tried to understand why and make it right. I listened to them and told them I totally understood why they were not happy.

But this guy I dealt with today was the Customer service supervisor from the third ring of hell. He was so rude to me when I gave him no reason to be. I was just calling to try and get my order taken care of. I also made a point of saying it was a total accident and not the fault of the delivery driver.

The person I dealt with was anything but professional. And while I get that customer service is a difficult job when you are constantly dealing with the public, I'm not going to be talked to the way this prick talked to me, hence losing my shit Wink. I still wish I was able to keep my cool despite his dickery.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-12-2016, 05:19 AM
(13-12-2016 04:25 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(12-12-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  So today I totally lost my shit on a customer service person--well, "supervisor." I usually don't lose my shit because I think you can handle things respectfully, but this guy was a total prick. A fucking condescending asshole.

I ordered a product, it was damaged by the person who delivered it--okay, that sucks, but you deal with it and it was an accident and the delivery guy felt like shit.

The CS Supervisor guy will not refund me until the product gets picked up, which again fine. So I had to wait two hours for delivery today and and the guy tells me I now will have to wait for a five hour window tomorrow for a pick up. I'm like um, I can't do that because it's in the middle of the day and a 5 hour window, seriously, for something that your people damaged??!! And the guy started in with the condescending prick BS and I lost my shit Wink Anyway, I feel bad about it, but he kinda deserved it Tongue

Anyway, I'm working my way back to zen as we speak. That fucking asshole fucked with my chakras Wink

So have you ever lost your shit on a customer service person/supervisor? Got any stories?

Laugh out load That was tears in my eyes funny. Thanks I so needed that today Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-12-2016, 05:22 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 05:39 AM by jennybee.)
(13-12-2016 04:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  When I first started the campaign im on, I was going to make a thread about all of the petty and crazy shit people ring and email in about. Heres a good place to whack some of them.

- I have bought a pack of teabags and got home and counted them. I only have 239 (the pack size is 240)

- My Pot Noodle is too watery (Pot Noodles are dehydrated snacks, you add your own water)

- Your packaging should warn people not to spray disenfectant on electrical items as my oven hob is now broken.

- My washing powder is lumpy, I want a refund (the washing powder was many years old)

Well, now I have to know, can you use Domestos bleach on your anus? Laugh out load

13-12-2016, 06:01 AM
I lose my shit all the time, but not with the person. (I'm a wimp about confrontation)

I go home and reenact the scene for my husband and/or son, and if I'm still really pissed off, I sit down and write a letter or email. Take my time with the writing, then decide whether to send.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
13-12-2016, 06:02 AM
(13-12-2016 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 04:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  When I first started the campaign im on, I was going to make a thread about all of the petty and crazy shit people ring and email in about. Heres a good place to whack some of them.

Well, now I have to know, can you use Domestos bleach on your anus? Laugh out load

I didn't recommend it Laugh out load

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
13-12-2016, 07:28 AM

Working in any customer service position gives you a great insight into how unfathomably stupid the people around you are. It's almost depressing for me.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-12-2016, 10:10 AM
I did for the first time a few months ago.

When I moved to NY from CA, I rented a Ubox from Uhaul. The price was agreed on beforehand and included 30 days from the time they drop it off in CA to when they pick it up in NY. They were supposed to bring it to our house in NY on the 28th day, so we would have 2 days to unload it and get it back to them. That was the day I planned to get into NY, since all of my belongings are in that box and I can't really live without it. Then I got an email from them THAT DAY saying it would be delivered two weeks later. No call, no apology, nothing. So I had to go buy new clothes, dishes, and all kinds of other stuff just to get through those two weeks, and then they charged our card for an extra two weeks of storage. So I called the local office, who processed the payment.

I really, honestly, expected to call them and explain the situation to them and have them apologize and issue a refund. What I got instead was this:

Me: "You charged me extra for these two weeks when I didn't ask you to hold it for those two weeks."

Him: "You went over the 30 days, and there's an extra charge for that."

me: "It was your fault you held it for over 30 days, not mine."

Him: "But you went over the 30 days. There's an extra charge for that."

Me: "That was YOUR FAULT. I WANTED MY STUFF. I WAS HERE. I COULD HAVE ACCEPTED THIS BOX ANY. DAY."

Him: "Well you took longer than 30 days. There's an extra charge for that."

Me: BlinkBlink

This is only a small part of our conversation. I explained this to him probably ten times, getting increasingly louder and increasingly frustrated each time, until I was to the point where I could think of nothing to say other than "HOW ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M SAYING RIGHT NOW!?!?" I ended up talking to a corporate manager, who understood my bewilderment. I spent probably 15 minutes on the phone with her, for her to say "Ok, they should be able to refund this. I'll have the local office contact you." Facepalm

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
[+] 1 user Likes Ohio Sky's post
13-12-2016, 10:44 AM
(13-12-2016 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
13-12-2016, 10:47 AM
(13-12-2016 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, now I have to know, can you use Domestos bleach on your anus? Laugh out load

Yup, if you want a very sore anus with the skin sloughing off, some restorative surgery and probably wearing a diaper for the rest of your life . . .

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 2 users Like Gloucester's post