Poll: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer Service person?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2016, 10:51 AM
RE: Have you ever lost your shit on a Customer service Supervisor?
(13-12-2016 10:47 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(13-12-2016 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Well, now I have to know, can you use Domestos bleach on your anus? Laugh out load

Yup, if you want a very sore anus with the skin sloughing off, some restorative surgery and probably wearing a diaper for the rest of your life . . .

There speaks the voice of experience... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2016, 03:08 PM
(13-12-2016 10:10 AM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  This is only a small part of our conversation. I explained this to him probably ten times, getting increasingly louder and increasingly frustrated each time, until I was to the point where I could think of nothing to say other than "HOW ARE YOU NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT I'M SAYING RIGHT NOW!?!?" I ended up talking to a corporate manager, who understood my bewilderment. I spent probably 15 minutes on the phone with her, for her to say "Ok, they should be able to refund this. I'll have the local office contact you." Facepalm

Reminds me of this one...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
13-12-2016, 03:30 PM
I went off on a receptionist at a doctor's office once.

She told me the doc was running a little behind and it shouldn't be too long.
An hour later and the office filling up with patients I was getting pretty steamed because it was taking so long.
At the two hour mark, she then tried to let someone in to see the doc who I was certain came in after I did.
I let her know about it with a few choice expletives at high volume.
I was next to see the doc. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-12-2016, 03:33 PM
I have not lost my shit on them so far but a few weeks back I did call a customer service guy out on the shit he was talking because I have been in customer service for long enough to call it.
I had a thing on my bill that should not have been there and it made a big difference financially.
I called to ask about it. He accused me of lieing about it. I called him out on that but I did not lose it in that sense. Wasn't loud or anything.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
13-12-2016, 09:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2016 09:28 PM by Kernel Sohcahtoa.)
This is a great thread topic, Jennybee. I actually work in retail, and one of the greatest skills that I have enjoyed developing, is being able to spot when I'm being unproductive or coming off as the "annoying/jerk" sales person (I enjoy extending this idea to any context really). Hence, my aim in this post is to share a particular mistake (I've had some fantastic ones) that caused a gentleman to become upset with me.

On one occasion, I had helped a gentleman at the register. In particular, he had a $15 coupon on his smart phone, which he received via e-mail and wanted to use on some men's clothing items; however, in order to use these, we need to have the actual coupon in printed form in order to scan it (our technology at that time was not advanced enough to scan it from a smart phone). As a result, I told the gentleman that I would override the price for him. In addition, after I told him that I would honor his coupon, I showed him the text on the bottom of the e-mail, which said that these passes needed to be printed out in order for them to be used in store (my motivation for saying this was to spare him of any additional problems in the future). Hence, I finished the transaction and thanked the gentleman, and he went on his way.

Consequently, a few minutes later, the gentleman came back and was very angry: he said that he wanted to talk to a store manager, because of my condescending attitude. In accordance with his wishes, I tried to call the manager on duty, but I eventually decided to try and resolve the matter myself: I began by asking him what happened and proceeded to listen to him. Long story short, he felt that I should not have said anything more about the coupon technicalities after I made the decision to honor his coupon; he perceived this as condescending on my part. Hence, his point made sense to me, and I acknowledged this to him along with my desire to genuinely help him. As a result, I apologized for my blunder, and we shook hands and parted ways.

Overall, this mistake has taught me that when people are upset or angry with me, then I need to be willing to put my need to be right on the sideline and listen to them, as this will help them feel acknowledged and heard. In addition, IMO, this will also increase the likelihood of them seeing that I genuinely care about resolving their issue and am not trying to coddle them out of a need to protect my image.

Thank you for your time and attention TTA members and anyone else. Live long and prosper.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
13-12-2016, 09:40 PM
(13-12-2016 09:22 PM)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:  This is a great thread topic, Jennybee. I actually work in retail, and one of the greatest skills that I have enjoyed developing, is being able to spot when I'm being unproductive or coming off as the "annoying/jerk" sales person (I enjoy extending this idea to any context really). Hence, my aim in this post is to share a particular mistake (I've had some fantastic ones) that caused a gentleman to become upset with me.

On one occasion, I had helped a gentleman at the register. In particular, he had a $15 coupon on his smart phone, which he received via e-mail and wanted to use on some men's clothing items; however, in order to use these, we need to have the actual coupon in printed form in order to scan it (our technology at that time was not advanced enough to scan it from a smart phone). As a result, I told the gentleman that I would override the price for him. In addition, after I told him that I would honor his coupon, I showed him the text on the bottom of the e-mail, which said that these passes needed to be printed out in order for them to be used in store (my motivation for saying this was to spare him of any additional problems in the future). Hence, I finished the transaction and thanked the gentleman, and he went on his way.

Consequently, a few minutes later, the gentleman came back and was very angry: he said that he wanted to talk to a store manager, because of my condescending attitude. In accordance with his wishes, I tried to call the manager on duty, but I eventually decided to try and resolve the matter myself: I began by asking him what happened and proceeded to listen to him. Long story short, he felt that I should not have said anything more about the coupon technicalities after I made the decision to honor his coupon; he perceived this as condescending on my part. Hence, his point made sense to me, and I acknowledged this to him along with my desire to genuinely help him. As a result, I apologized for my blunder, and we shook hands and parted ways.

Overall, this mistake has taught me that when people are upset or angry with me, then I need to be willing to put my need to be right on the sideline and listen to them, as this will help them feel acknowledged and heard. In addition, IMO, this will also increase the likelihood of them seeing that I genuinely care about resolving their issue and am not trying to coddle them out of a need to protect my image.

Thank you for your time and attention TTA members and anyone else. Live long and prosper.

Well, I find it hard to believe that you ever came off as condescending to any of your customers because you are such a sweet person Smile But I think sometimes people can misinterpret signals from others and take things the wrong way. Sounds like that's what happened there.

In my situation, this wasn't the case. As I say, I rarely ever lose my cool with customer service people because it's not their fault (it's usually corporate policies) and in my experience, they usually are trying to be as helpful as possible. In this recent situation the guy was unprofessional and referred to me as "Sweetie" several times during the conversation. I did not feel listened to with my concerns or that he even cared that I was going to be inconvenienced for five hours waiting around for them to pick up something they damaged. He made it sound like he was the one being inconvenienced with his condescending attitude. I don't think he thought of me as "sweetie" after that phone call. Wink I still wish I didn't lose my temper simply because he was not worth it.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post