Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 09:00 AM
Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
If so, for what reason? Just curious Smile

Happy Thursday! Big Grin

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2016, 09:02 AM
RE: Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
I boycotted Nike for child labor before I knew everyone did it.
22-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Banks.

I am completely debt free and when any money gets paid into my account from my employer or my clients I immediately withdraw it and put it in my safe at home. I'm not rich, if I was it would potentially be more of a problem for me to turn it into an asset, at the moment when I accumulate a certain amount, I buy gold and silver.

Whilst your money sits in your bank account it does not belong to you. Banks are obligated to pay you your balance, but don't necessarily have to give you money. I am not allowing the efforts of my labour to be used as an asset on their balance sheets.

Fucking ponzi scheme Drinking Beverage

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-12-2016, 09:31 AM
(22-12-2016 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  Banks.

I am completely debt free and when any money gets paid into my account from my employer or my clients I immediately withdraw it and put it in my safe at home. I'm not rich, if I was it would potentially be more of a problem for me to turn it into an asset, at the moment when I accumulate a certain amount, I buy gold and silver.

Whilst your money sits in your bank account it does not belong to you. Banks are obligated to pay you your balance, but don't necessarily have to give you money. I am not allowing the efforts of my labour to be used as an asset on their balance sheets.

Fucking ponzi scheme Drinking Beverage

That's fucking stupid.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-12-2016, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2016 09:58 AM by Old Man Marsh.)
I boycott gold and silver smiths. Their insistance on rare metals propping up economies is an archaic feudal pyramid scheme.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
22-12-2016, 09:51 AM
Yup. Every Bay movie made after the third Transformers movie, still counting. I used to boicott Shia Lebouf aswell, but he's redeemed himself by admitting the Transformers movies were crap.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
22-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Hostess, Woody Allen. all Trump/Trump progeny businesses.
22-12-2016, 09:56 AM
I never go into WalMart.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
22-12-2016, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2016 10:25 AM by Mr. Boston.)
Yes.

There was a diner in my home town. I went away for college and moved back later and lived there for many years with my wife while we were dating and after we got married. We went to the diner for breakfast not necessarily EVERY Saturday, but pretty damn close for probably 2 or 3 years straight. We got very friendly with the staff, even helped one of the waitresses with her daughter's application to the college my wife and I both went to. We were part of the regular crew - a fixture.

Then one day we made the mistake of bringing a gay male couple we're friends with in for brunch with us. It was like the whole staff and other patrons didn't even know us. We were given adequate service and our food was prepared well - if it had been our first visit there we wouldn't have had any complaints. But all the warmth and friendliness and familiarity had totally evaporated. We never went back.

It's funny how you can be part of some kind of group and think you've got a handle on what its culture and values are, and then be completely surprised.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
22-12-2016, 10:23 AM
(22-12-2016 09:56 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I never go into WalMart.

Me either. My tax dollars are already subsidizing their profits by paying for the benefits programs that keep many of their employees afloat. I figure they can get by without Cent 1 of my take-home pay.

Add to that:
Chic-fil-A
Papa John's
Domino's
Hobby Lobby
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post