Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 10:33 AM
RE: Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
I boycott brands that don't use humanely-raised livestock. Same goes for lotions and such that use animal testing.

And if I can help it, I avoid all chain restaurants and stores and opt for local (unfortunately not always an option).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
22-12-2016, 10:39 AM
(22-12-2016 09:55 AM)julep Wrote:  Hostess, Woody Allen. all Trump/Trump progeny businesses.

Yup. I'm boycotting everything trump and evanka. There's about 12 places I'm boycotting right now where Evanka sells her over priced shit. Nordstrum's is one of the places.

I started buying Kellogg's products because they removed their advertising from the Breitbart web site and I wrote to thank them for doing this. Advertising gets tossed all over the internet on web pages without the knowledge of companies sometimes and so when Kellogg's removed their advertising I liked that. I also buy tic-tacs because they condemned trump during the 'grab them by the pussy' episode.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-12-2016, 10:44 AM
When I was stationed at Groton, CT there was a Subway on base. Every once in a while we'd have burger cookouts for the purpose of fundraising, which apparently pissed off Subway because our cookout days cut into their profits and made their sales projections difficult for the day. They took it up with the chain of command and successfully argued that our cookouts were in violation of multiple regulations (i.e. selling food without appropriate licensing), and we were temporarily forced to stop doing the cookouts. Once word got around that they were the ones fucking with our fundraising cookouts, nobody would dare be seen on base carrying a sandwich from Subway. They quickly relented their position once they realized that a bad day of business once every few weeks was a small price to pay for otherwise having a sandwich monopoly on base.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-12-2016, 10:45 AM
And when I was stationed in Japan, we weren't allowed to enter drugstores that sold opium based products. Does that count? Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
22-12-2016, 10:45 AM
How do you accidentally boycott???

Doesn't the definition of boycott include intent????

Accidentally boycotting a business is just shopping somewhere else....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-12-2016, 10:46 AM
(22-12-2016 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  Banks.

Ditto.

(22-12-2016 10:23 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  ...
Domino's

Ditto.

Also, anything and everything that I consider to be unethical... halal food, slavery footprint (I'm down to only 10 slaves but only because of question 11) etc.

In particular, anything owned by or affiliated to Rupert Murdoch.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-12-2016, 11:07 AM
My Walmart boycott started a few years ago. I think I have been in there twice in about five years. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

Baird's bakery who sells loaves of bread inhabited by cockroaches. Bluebell ice cream...while they had good ice cream flavors I am not fond of listeria as an additive. They recalled everything then supposedly fixed the problem then had another recall...and there may have been a third time. One recall was enough for me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I refused to eat Papa Johns Pizza after the owner claimed he would have to lay people off of Obama got elected. My position had nothing to do with Obama. It was about intimidating voters.
[+] 1 user Likes Warts And All's post
22-12-2016, 11:23 AM
(22-12-2016 11:21 AM)Warts And All Wrote:  I refused to eat Papa Johns Pizza after the owner claimed he would have to lay people off of Obama got elected. My position had nothing to do with Obama. It was about intimidating voters.

Last time we ordered from Papa Johns my husband got sick from his pizza and I had something on mine that I was unable to chew. Buh-bye Papa Johns.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
22-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Chick-fil eh when they were trying to stop gay marriage. I might not be one of the homos but some of my great friends are men who like dick and women who eat pussy.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post