Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
(22-12-2016 11:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Chick-fil eh when they were trying to stop gay marriage. I might not be one of the homos but some of my great friends are men who like dick and women who eat pussy.

Same here. I don't eat at Chick-fil-eh either. The owner is a religious nut.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-12-2016, 12:44 PM
(22-12-2016 12:35 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 11:26 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Chick-fil eh when they were trying to stop gay marriage. I might not be one of the homos but some of my great friends are men who like dick and women who eat pussy.

Same here. I don't eat at Chick-fil-eh either. The owner is a religious nut.

They earned my forgivness for helping in orlando. Now I just don't eat there because fast food is bad. Tongue

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-12-2016, 12:45 PM
(22-12-2016 10:23 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 09:56 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I never go into WalMart.

Me either. My tax dollars are already subsidizing their profits by paying for the benefits programs that keep many of their employees afloat. I figure they can get by without Cent 1 of my take-home pay.

Add to that:
Chic-fil-A
Papa John's
Domino's
Hobby Lobby

your list works for me too. same reasons. The states have had to sue walcrap to get them to take care of employee medical.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
22-12-2016, 12:47 PM
(22-12-2016 10:44 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I was stationed at Groton, CT there was a Subway on base. Every once in a while we'd have burger cookouts for the purpose of fundraising, which apparently pissed off Subway because our cookout days cut into their profits and made their sales projections difficult for the day. They took it up with the chain of command and successfully argued that our cookouts were in violation of multiple regulations (i.e. selling food without appropriate licensing), and we were temporarily forced to stop doing the cookouts. Once word got around that they were the ones fucking with our fundraising cookouts, nobody would dare be seen on base carrying a sandwich from Subway. They quickly relented their position once they realized that a bad day of business once every few weeks was a small price to pay for otherwise having a sandwich monopoly on base.
Would have been nice to simply put them out of business on the base over that. Short sighted pricks spoil damn near everything.
22-12-2016, 12:55 PM
(22-12-2016 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  Banks.

I am completely debt free and when any money gets paid into my account from my employer or my clients I immediately withdraw it and put it in my safe at home. I'm not rich, if I was it would potentially be more of a problem for me to turn it into an asset, at the moment when I accumulate a certain amount, I buy gold and silver.

Whilst your money sits in your bank account it does not belong to you. Banks are obligated to pay you your balance, but don't necessarily have to give you money. I am not allowing the efforts of my labour to be used as an asset on their balance sheets.

Fucking ponzi scheme Drinking Beverage

Any "fast food" that's not REALLY fast and where I can't see them put the order together. That means almost all off my list.

Won't go near Wells Fargo.

Large, non-profit Credit Unions are an alternative. They have much better rates on all "banking" products.

It's not really a ponzi scheme. Without the bank multiplier effect, our economies would be FAR worse off.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-12-2016, 12:56 PM
I regularly avoid a number of businesses. I don't go to Walmart any more, although a few times I've been tempted to pick up a sought item there (but found it somewhere else). Prefer not to buy clothing or shoes made in Indonesia or Bangladesh because of the way they treat the non-religious. There's also a sandwich shop and a pasta manufacturer and a brewery I won't buy from because of anti-LGBT behaviours, and a clothing manufacturer whose stuff I won't even buy second-hand because the CEO is such a flaming dickhead.

On the positive side, I like supporting local small businesses and will drive a few miles further to go to a particularly nice non-chain coffee shop or fine foods merchant.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
22-12-2016, 03:12 PM
I've been boycotting Chic Fil A and Hobby Lobby and it's painful because Hobby Lobby is the biggest and most well stocked craft place around here but we also have a Michael's and a Joann's so whatever.

I also boycott brands who animal test like Covergirl, Gillette, etc. there's a list I have saved somewhere but a google search always helps if I'm not sure. I just stick with brands I know don't animal test and sometimes they're more expensive but it's worth it. I know the makeup brand E.L.F. doesn't animal test and they are very affordable so just goes to show you don't need to animal test to make money.

I also boycotted Overstock.com years ago, I think this was when Bush ran for prez the 2nd time and Michael Moore released his Fahrenheit 9/11 movie which I saw in the theater but the other side released a counter movie on DVD.

I forgot what it was called but it was basically a Bush propaganda movie and you could only get it on Overstock.com, it was this big exclusive and it made me so mad that they would do that. I mean yeah, you can believe what you want but it was so transparent and just wrong since the movie had a lot of misinformation in it. I have never bought from them since then but I got Amazon Prime now so it's all good. I know Michael Moore may play around with editing and what not but a business shouldn't be so blatant in supporting one political party, it's just too polarizing.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
22-12-2016, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't say boycott but there are certain businesses that I don't spend money at for different reasons:
- Curry's PC world
- Subway
- Glamworld
- Ebay
And as someone else mentioned earlier, I am also debt free and intend to stay that way.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
22-12-2016, 04:23 PM
(22-12-2016 10:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  How do you accidentally boycott???

Doesn't the definition of boycott include intent????

Accidentally boycotting a business is just shopping somewhere else....

heh

There is a chicken-filled-ass right next to the movie theater I frequent. I only go to the movies on Sunday. Does that count?

#sigh
22-12-2016, 04:55 PM
As one of the gays, I hereby give yall permission to shop at Chic For Gay and Hobby Lobby.
Seriously.
Their private businesses they're entitled to be as cunty as they want. People are always gonna shop at them and the owners are never gonna change their minds, they're ignorant fucks and always will be. No point in inconveniencing yourself just because the owners opinions are fucked.

It's a nice gesture and all but you know.. don't care about where you shop or those shop's owners opinion.