Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
(22-12-2016 03:12 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  I've been boycotting Chic Fil A and Hobby Lobby and it's painful because Hobby Lobby is the biggest and most well stocked craft place around here but we also have a Michael's and a Joann's so whatever.

I also boycott brands who animal test like Covergirl, Gillette, etc. there's a list I have saved somewhere but a google search always helps if I'm not sure. I just stick with brands I know don't animal test and sometimes they're more expensive but it's worth it. I know the makeup brand E.L.F. doesn't animal test and they are very affordable so just goes to show you don't need to animal test to make money.

I also boycotted Overstock.com years ago, I think this was when Bush ran for prez the 2nd time and Michael Moore released his Fahrenheit 9/11 movie which I saw in the theater but the other side released a counter movie on DVD.

I forgot what it was called but it was basically a Bush propaganda movie and you could only get it on Overstock.com, it was this big exclusive and it made me so mad that they would do that. I mean yeah, you can believe what you want but it was so transparent and just wrong since the movie had a lot of misinformation in it. I have never bought from them since then but I got Amazon Prime now so it's all good. I know Michael Moore may play around with editing and what not but a business shouldn't be so blatant in supporting one political party, it's just too polarizing.

I buy only cruelty free as well Thumbsup They also tend to have more natural ingredients, which are much better for your skin anyway.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
22-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Have you ever purposely boycotted a business?
I have a lifetime ban on these ass hats. They wouldn't even reply to my email complaint.
[Image: 60cac8e8e3a3438606396e4d49c43165.jpg]
22-12-2016, 05:46 PM
(22-12-2016 10:23 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 09:56 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  I never go into WalMart.

Me either. My tax dollars are already subsidizing their profits by paying for the benefits programs that keep many of their employees afloat. I figure they can get by without Cent 1 of my take-home pay.

Add to that:
Chic-fil-A
Papa John's
Domino's
Hobby Lobby

Those are all on my list too.

Domino's pizza only started using actual cheese on their pizza a few years ago. Before that they used "cheese product" which is pretty much orange rubber. There was a new Domino's place opening up near our house and they were offering free pizza's for the first 50 customers. By the end of the day they still had hadn't given away all the free 50 pizza's. The pizza box tastes better than what's inside.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Chic-fil-A because of the owner's anti-gay stance. My boycott is still in effect.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
22-12-2016, 05:55 PM
Is it a boycott if I don't attend church?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 6 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
22-12-2016, 06:34 PM
(22-12-2016 09:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  Banks.

I am completely debt free and when any money gets paid into my account from my employer or my clients I immediately withdraw it and put it in my safe at home. I'm not rich, if I was it would potentially be more of a problem for me to turn it into an asset, at the moment when I accumulate a certain amount, I buy gold and silver.

Whilst your money sits in your bank account it does not belong to you. Banks are obligated to pay you your balance, but don't necessarily have to give you money. I am not allowing the efforts of my labour to be used as an asset on their balance sheets.

Fucking ponzi scheme Drinking Beverage

That's fucking stupid.

http://www.talkcarswell.com/home/who-own...ou-or/2633

Your fucking stupid.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
22-12-2016, 07:15 PM
(22-12-2016 05:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is it a boycott if I don't attend church?

Only if you go in and tell them, and why. Tongue

I used to donate through a deduction from my paycheck to the Boy Scouts of America. Once I reasoned my way away from the RCC, I dropped the BSA and donated to the Foundation Beyond Belief. I didn't bother telling the BSA why I wasn't donating. It would be a really good organization for kids if they'd drop the anti-gay and atheist stances.

As far as boycotts, I quit buying from the Big Orange Retail Giant (BORG- Home Depot) after I bought a door that was damaged in shipping, and got a run-around on the return. I didn't buy from them for many years, but where I live now, they were the only presence until about 10 years ago. Can't cut off my nose to spite my face, after all.
22-12-2016, 07:55 PM
(22-12-2016 06:34 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 09:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's fucking stupid.

http://www.talkcarswell.com/home/who-own...ou-or/2633

Your fucking stupid.

You're*
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
22-12-2016, 08:00 PM
Is not going to a chicken biscuit place I only ate at twice and was like, eh okay it's good but not worthy of my monies because of stories a few years later a boycott.

I also don't shop at hobby lobby... but I also don't shop anywhere for arts n craft merchandise other than buying notebooks and drawing books

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
22-12-2016, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2016 08:20 AM by ShadowProject.)
Another cruelty-free shopper.

I loathe Walmart for many reasons and haven't set foot in one in years.

There is a local restaurant owned by a man who has an anti-liberal agenda (he is very vocal on our town FB page) and whose children are in the Christian Service Brigade. I checked out his FB page once (holy vitriol and religious wing nut!) and decided I won't be going to his restaurant ever again.

I also won't go to fast food places that contribute greatly to factory farming and massive deforestation (i.e. pretty much all of them)

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post