Have you ever questioned the information about 9/11 or the holocaust?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2012, 06:37 PM
RE: Have you ever questioned the information about 9/11 or the holocaust?
(20-05-2012 06:32 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(20-05-2012 03:59 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  That's coming off a lot like: if you're not a conspiracy theorist, at large, you're not a critical thinker.

How about this, if someone did not give to their government the same skepticism they gave religion, would you consider them a critical thinker? Yeah I would and I wouldn't, because they are being skeptical on one subject, but they're not being skeptical about another.

and pardon me but skepticism and critical thinking has always gone hand in hand for me, and it is best that we apply them to everything and anything, least we make a fool of ourselves.

Great. Lets see the evidence. You keep say "whay if" this and "what if that".

What if "there's a god". ?

Where's the EVIDENCE ?

Say you find some. Then what ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-05-2012, 06:52 PM
(20-05-2012 06:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Great. Lets see the evidence. You keep say "whay if" this and "what if that".

What if "there's a god". ?

Where's the EVIDENCE ?

Say you find some. Then what ?
you could have all the evidence in the world to prove or disprove a god, but unless the person is willing to admit the possibility that one may or may not exist and then ask the question if one exists or not... I'm afraid the evidence would do little to convince them until they've reached that point. I'm not here to share evidence or anything like that. I'm just here to inspire people to ask questions.
21-05-2012, 05:42 AM
You can lead a horse to water......... but you cant make it drink.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
21-05-2012, 06:09 AM

Jesus Jones
21-05-2012, 11:10 AM
(19-05-2012 11:30 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  These are pretty important parts in history are they not? If you choose not to question them, how can you say your a critical thinker? Especially if all you've ever questioned is the existence of a god. When you get done with one question what is the next step? What do you do? You find another question to answer of course. I don't care what you believe about the holocaust, or 9/11 or even a god for that matter. All I care about is if you questioned them. The inability to question things.

Also not naming any names or anything, but you seriously might want to stop feeling emotions. From what I saw in my other thread a lot of people seem to be emotional about certain things that may or may not have even happened... you can't really think critically if you're being all emotional about it.

So anyways question is simple, please just answer. I know, I know, this might be difficult for a lot of you, I mean my god why on earth would anyone lie right? Right? RIGHT?!

[Image: funny-science-news-experiments-memes-sagan-logic.jpg]

and if you don't like that then that's just to bad.

[Image: Dr_House_by_AlmostLikeNormal.gif]
I've looked at the evidence of a conspiracy on both cases, Sage, and the supporting evidence presented by these conspiracy nutters falls short.

The 9/11 wingnuts believe that the government is all knowing and all capable. So if a terrorist attack like that happened, the government MUST have know and aided in it.

The holocaust assholes - and they are assholes - are, by and large, racist organizations who hate jews and want to portray them as liars and killers. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to indicate that the Holocaust did happen.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
21-05-2012, 11:45 AM
(19-05-2012 11:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My brother is an air traffic controller. He listened to all the totally inept incompetent shit go on that day, (9/11). The details in the 911 Commission Report detailing the totally incompetent military brass, and Norad, etc. are accurate. They couldn't get their socks on in the morning without help. You actually think these idiots could pull off a conspiracy ? No way. It almost happened again about 3 years ago when the Northwest pilots overflew Minneapolis. All the controllers in the country listened as they tried to contact the plane. The Director of the Center was supposed to contact the military in 5 minutes, according to the new protocols. It took her 55 minutes. If they had been headed to the Sears Tower, they would have made it. Nothing has changed. They are all still fat incompetent boobs. They are incapable of pulling off a conspiracy.
A few things.

1) NORAD was geared to protecting North America against a large attack from the outside by a modern air force. There were no contingency plans for handling hijacked airliners over US airspace at that point. And nobody believed that hijackers would use the airliners as cruise missiles in a suicide attack.

2) On Sept 11, 2001, there was a large scale military exercise taking place that same morning and it became confusing as to whether they were receiving information related to the exercise and that an attack was underway.

3) Even if the military had acted, they may have only sat on the sidelines and watched the attacks unfold. Only the president could give an order to shoot down a civilian jetliner over US airspace at that point and the White House - and Bush & staff at a Florida elementary school that morning - were completely innocuous that anything was going on prior to the first strike of the WTC tower.

4) It was difficult to know what was going on that morning. ARTCC at Boston Logan had decided that at least one of the aircraft (AAL Flight 11) had been hijacked, but it took another 10 minutes to confirm this and contact NORAD who put two F-15 pilots at Otis ANG on alert. They were scrambled 30 seconds before the first plane struck the north tower of the WTC. A lot of people believed this was an accident until the south tower was struck at 9:03am.

What happens is that these conspiracy assholes assume that everyone - the FAA, NORAD, etc. 1) where the planes were in the sky 2) what they were doing 3) that they were hijacked and 4) what the hijackers intended to do with the planes - and then sat on their ass and did jack shit. This is NOT the case.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
21-05-2012, 05:43 PM
(21-05-2012 11:10 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I've looked at the evidence of a conspiracy on both cases, Sage, and the supporting evidence presented by these conspiracy nutters falls short.

The 9/11 wingnuts believe that the government is all knowing and all capable. So if a terrorist attack like that happened, the government MUST have know and aided in it.

The holocaust assholes - and they are assholes - are, by and large, racist organizations who hate jews and want to portray them as liars and killers. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to indicate that the Holocaust did happen.
I see clearly from your remarks about conspiracy theorists that you may have chosen your side long before you even started questioning things. Which may lead to a biased conclusion. I am by no means, a racist, wingnut, or a nutter. I might be an asshole, but if I appear to be such it's because I don't care about a person's emotions as much as I do not care about my own. And yet you would call people like me these things merely to make my case look less important than it may be, and also to make any evidence that one could come up with as improbable.

You questioned it, but was it really to gain truth, or rather to garner support for a side you had already picked? You do not go into these things calling people brainwashed, or wingnuts, nor do you come out of them as such. Not unless you have an agenda. In such a case where you may have corrupted your own ability to analyze the world without biased you may want to look for the source which causes that corruption. I can not help you with that though. I have no cure for bigotry. Bigotry is a common by-product of ignorance and in such a case the only cure would be a better education mainly on the grounds of ethics and philosophy.

Take for example the fact that NORAD was having a military exercise about the EXACT same incident on the EXACT same day. I know... not suspicious at all. Suspicious people where shady clothes and go on about only at night. God forbid they should ever walk among us. And you would think all evil in the world would blatantly show it's face?
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
21-05-2012, 05:50 PM
(19-05-2012 11:36 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(19-05-2012 11:33 PM)kineo Wrote:  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrH9g_q6k0WtpwUxljDCe...fXPiXBZMTw]
Really? This is how you choose to respond? This is your worthless response to a relatively simple question? A YES OR NO answer? AND YOU can't even answer it?
If all you wanted was a yes or no answer you could have provided a poll. Or limited your op to something like: Well did ya?

Anyways my answer is yes. Now my question to you is, what answers would satisfy you?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
21-05-2012, 05:55 PM
(21-05-2012 05:43 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  I see clearly from your remarks about conspiracy theorists that you may have chosen your side long before you even started questioning things. Which may lead to a biased conclusion. I am by no means, a racist, wingnut, or a nutter. I might be an asshole, but if I appear to be such it's because I don't care about a person's emotions as much as I do not care about my own. And yet you would call people like me these things merely to make my case look less important than it may be, and also to make any evidence that one could come up with as improbable.

You questioned it, but was it really to gain truth, or rather to garner support for a side you had already picked? You do not go into these things calling people brainwashed, or wingnuts, nor do you come out of them as such. Not unless you have an agenda. In such a case where you may have corrupted your own ability to analyze the world without biased you may want to look for the source which causes that corruption. I can not help you with that though. I have no cure for bigotry. Bigotry is a common by-product of ignorance and in such a case the only cure would be a better education mainly on the grounds of ethics and philosophy.

Take for example the fact that NORAD was having a military exercise about the EXACT same incident on the EXACT same day. I know... not suspicious at all. Suspicious people where shady clothes and go on about only at night. God forbid they should ever walk among us. And you would think all evil in the world would blatantly show it's face?
Same thing happened on 7/7 (london bombings) with the met police running a "drill" of tube trains and buses being attacked.

Co-incidence???

Also to people who think that the goverment isnt capable of pulling such stunts off.......... Its ok return to your cosy bubble........ money isnt the biggest faith over any religion on this planet today ........ wars are fought for just reasons everysingle time........ democracy exists and you have a voice...... the mainstream media never have an agenda and allways publish the complete and utter truth.

I wrote this poem last month and I think it is fitting to repeat it here after my last statement.

Lets blame the immigrants for taking all of the jobs.
Lets blame the sick and the doleys the lazy, good for nothing slobs.
Lets blame each other for spending too much.
Lets all accept the price of these unneccesary cuts.
Lets blame the hooded youth for rioting the shops.
Lets give even more power to the allready armed to the teeth cops.
Lets have multiple wars on unseen faraway shores.
Lets kill innocent people for "freedom" more.
Let us divert our attention away.... each and every single day.
Let us fragment the bigger picture
Quoting biased media as our scripture.

Jesus Jones
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
21-05-2012, 06:12 PM
(21-05-2012 05:50 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Anyways my answer is yes. Now my question to you is, what answers would satisfy you?
I've been watching this stupidity play out over several threads going back a few months now and I think the only answer that is going to satisfy him is one where you wholeheartedly agree with him and his paranoid fantasies. In his world, there are only two types of people:
1. People agree with everything he says and
2. people who are not questioning things, are closed-minded, etc.

Is the Holocaust real? What a fucking joke. I guess all those survivors were just making the whole thing up. Their families weren't murdered, they were just hiding under the bed.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Was the Holocaust... a lie? TheArcticSage 575 31,661 07-05-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: morondog
  Holocaust Myth harrynostrell 67 3,353 31-01-2014 11:04 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Steve Shives - Five Stupid Things About Holocaust Denial Hafnof 2 369 26-07-2013 07:56 AM
Last Post: TheDreamMerchant
  (THE) holocaust was made up I and I 83 4,829 01-04-2013 10:17 AM
Last Post: I and I
  Was Hitler talking about his own propoganda, or those who lied about the holocaust? TheArcticSage 2 610 14-03-2012 12:58 PM
Last Post: lucradis