Have you lost your morals yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Have you lost your morals yet?
So I have been following a story about an elderly man who was robbed, and of course someone commented that we needed more Jesus in our lives. I and some other people pointed out that Jesus wasn't required for morality. One guy actually said you LOSE your morals when you lose god. I was intrigued because I did used to be a Christian, and I still have my morals. I just asked myself "If I ran into a 90 year old war veteran, would I beat him up and take his money?". The answer was no, so I guess I still have the morals. Angel I asked the guy when I should expect the morals to go away by posing this question:

""Dan, when does the loss of morals begin? I have not been religious for about 13 years and officially declared myself an atheist a year ago. I still have all my morals, still donate to charity, still have compassion for others, still apologize to people I have wronged, and still go out of my way to be kind. I just need to know if the morals leave slowly over time, or if I'm just going to wake up one day with the urge to rob a bank or kill someone.""

I haven't heard back yet, but I'll keep you posted when I find out. Laugh out loadLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like beeglez's post
02-09-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Have you lost your morals yet?
Just today I went back into the store to pay for soemthing that slipped down in the cart and was missed by myself and the person checking my groceries.

You mean I didn't have to do that and could have just kept on loading the car?

Now you tell me! Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Wait a minute...are you saying that beating up elderly people is wrong? But I do that all the time! I figured God must be OK with it since he doesn't stop me. Oops

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 6 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
02-09-2014, 08:41 PM
(02-09-2014 08:18 PM)beeglez Wrote:  So I have been following a story about an elderly man who was robbed, and of course someone commented that we needed more Jesus in our lives. I and some other people pointed out that Jesus wasn't required for morality. One guy actually said you LOSE your morals when you lose god. I was intrigued because I did used to be a Christian, and I still have my morals. I just asked myself "If I ran into a 90 year old war veteran, would I beat him up and take his money?". The answer was no, so I guess I still have the morals. Angel I asked the guy when I should expect the morals to go away by posing this question:

""Dan, when does the loss of morals begin? I have not been religious for about 13 years and officially declared myself an atheist a year ago. I still have all my morals, still donate to charity, still have compassion for others, still apologize to people I have wronged, and still go out of my way to be kind. I just need to know if the morals leave slowly over time, or if I'm just going to wake up one day with the urge to rob a bank or kill someone.""

I haven't heard back yet, but I'll keep you posted when I find out. Laugh out loadLaugh out load

http://www.holysmoke.org/icr-pri.htm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
02-09-2014, 08:52 PM
I never admitted them in the first place. You don't need no morals to just not be a dick. Just don't be a dick, no morality required. "Leave your morals at the door but don't be a dick 'cause we do got bouncers and shit."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-09-2014, 08:54 PM
I walked into Ikea the other day and found a loonie (aka dollar). The guy next to me wouldn't take it so I tried giving it to a kid. A kid! I should have just ate that little shit.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
02-09-2014, 09:39 PM
(02-09-2014 08:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just today I went back into the store to pay for soemthing that slipped down in the cart and was missed by myself and the person checking my groceries.

That actually happened today with my girlfriend and I at Walmart. We were picking up supplies to help us organize our new place, and we noticed we had missed a pack of Sharpie markers. My girlfriend really wanted to go back in and pay for them, but I managed to nullify that notion after I explained to her how the Walton family are the richest people one earth and how Walmart could afford to pay all their employees $15 an hour and it would cost the average family (spending $1200+ annually) only an additional $12 dollars per year to entirely cover their raises (as opposed to paying for it out of executive pay or out of the company's profits). Once I informed her of this, and that in the scope of things we shouldn't at all feel guilty about an honest mistake, we threw the Sharpies in the car and drove home.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-09-2014, 10:04 PM
(02-09-2014 09:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just today I went back into the store to pay for soemthing that slipped down in the cart and was missed by myself and the person checking my groceries.

That actually happened today with my girlfriend and I at Walmart. We were picking up supplies to help us organize our new place, and we noticed we had missed a pack of Sharpie markers. My girlfriend really wanted to go back in and pay for them, but I managed to nullify that notion after I explained to her how the Walton family are the richest people one earth and how Walmart could afford to pay all their employees $15 an hour and it would cost the average family (spending $1200+ annually) only an additional $12 dollars per year to entirely cover their raises (as opposed to paying for it out of executive pay or out of the company's profits). Once I informed her of this, and that in the scope of things we shouldn't at all feel guilty about an honest mistake, we threw the Sharpies in the car and drove home.

The cost to families would only go up if the need to keep the insane profits at the current instead dropping profits by whatever small percentage.
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post
02-09-2014, 10:18 PM
(02-09-2014 10:04 PM)RogueWarrior Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 09:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That actually happened today with my girlfriend and I at Walmart. We were picking up supplies to help us organize our new place, and we noticed we had missed a pack of Sharpie markers. My girlfriend really wanted to go back in and pay for them, but I managed to nullify that notion after I explained to her how the Walton family are the richest people one earth and how Walmart could afford to pay all their employees $15 an hour and it would cost the average family (spending $1200+ annually) only an additional $12 dollars per year to entirely cover their raises (as opposed to paying for it out of executive pay or out of the company's profits). Once I informed her of this, and that in the scope of things we shouldn't at all feel guilty about an honest mistake, we threw the Sharpies in the car and drove home.

The cost to families would only go up if the need to keep the insane profits at the current instead dropping profits by whatever small percentage.

The sad part is, by raising the wages of all their employees to $15, how much more profit would they make because now so many more people have more money to buy the things they need? I fail to see how continuously squeezing your consumer base dry is the best way to boost an consumer driven economy... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Evolution Kill's morality =/= morality from evolution. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post