Have you lost your morals yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Have you lost your morals yet?
I've been very surprised to discover how many Atheists and agnostics are gentle, compassionate, law abiding, and charitable to people but even more so to animals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Wicked Clown's post
03-09-2014, 09:18 PM
I really need to stay away from facebook comments! Now there are people commenting about Joan Rivers' presumed impending death by saying they hope she finds God and accepts the Lord Jesus Christ as her personal Savior to prevent an eternity in Hell. They don't seem to care that she's Jewish. Bunch of arrogant jerks!
03-09-2014, 10:10 PM
(02-09-2014 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never admitted them in the first place. You don't need no morals to just not be a dick. Just don't be a dick, no morality required. "Leave your morals at the door but don't be a dick 'cause we do got bouncers and shit."

"Just don't be a dick" is our family motto. Our runner up motto is almost the same thing, "don't be such an asshole". This covers pretty much all crappy things that people do.

No bible is needed when one isn't a dick or an asshole. Simple as that.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-09-2014, 10:15 PM
(03-09-2014 09:18 PM)beeglez Wrote:  I really need to stay away from facebook comments! Now there are people commenting about Joan Rivers' presumed impending death by saying they hope she finds God and accepts the Lord Jesus Christ as her personal Savior to prevent an eternity in Hell. They don't seem to care that she's Jewish. Bunch of arrogant jerks!

I've been reading some of these comments on internet sites. People are praying for her. Why do people pray for celebrities....why? It's puzzling.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
03-09-2014, 10:32 PM
I didn't lose them, but I surely didn't need them anymore so I began selling them. 20 bucks per moral and 100 for the soul. I've successfully sold my soul over a dozen times, but nobody seems to want my morals.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post
04-09-2014, 12:43 AM
(03-09-2014 01:42 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  I've been very surprised to discover how many Atheists and agnostics are gentle, compassionate, law abiding, and charitable to people but even more so to animals.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact we act this way because its the right way to act and not as a way to get into heaven. I know when I was a believer and going to church the biggest concern was getting into heaven. There was a constant worry that you would do something that would get you booted. You lived each day to do good so you were rewarded. Its just not the right way to go about it.

I've had people question my morals. I had one lady ask what kept me from marrying a 12 year old, rape, murder, etc if I did not have god's set of rules. It was amazing. It was as if without god all hell would break loose. I told her that I was an honest person who has sponsored a child in Guatemala for 8 years now, opens doors for people, doesn't steal, lie, cheat, murder or rape anybody....but it meant nothing since I do not have god standing over my shoulder telling me these things aren't right.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
04-09-2014, 01:53 AM
(03-09-2014 10:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I never admitted them in the first place. You don't need no morals to just not be a dick. Just don't be a dick, no morality required. "Leave your morals at the door but don't be a dick 'cause we do got bouncers and shit."

"Just don't be a dick" is our family motto. Our runner up motto is almost the same thing, "don't be such an asshole". This covers pretty much all crappy things that people do.

No bible is needed when one isn't a dick or an asshole. Simple as that.

Yet, that is only applicable to a Stage 6 social group. It relies upon consensus.

Dodgy

04-09-2014, 06:13 AM
(02-09-2014 08:18 PM)beeglez Wrote:  One guy actually said you LOSE your morals when you lose god. I was intrigued because I did used to be a Christian, and I still have my morals.

You have to realize something: in their world view, the highest moral good is blindly swearing an oath of fealty to someone you haven't met, and telling others to do so to avoid eternal torture. You stopped doing that, so to them, you stopped doing the most moral thing you could be doing.

Second most moral thing: Internet apologetics, apparently.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
04-09-2014, 11:08 AM
(04-09-2014 12:43 AM)riseinside Wrote:  but it meant nothing since I do not have god standing over my shoulder telling me these things aren't right.

You do, in fact, have God standing over your shoulder telling you those thing's are wrong. You could not have any morals without God.

Truth seeker.
04-09-2014, 11:27 AM
(04-09-2014 11:08 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 12:43 AM)riseinside Wrote:  but it meant nothing since I do not have god standing over my shoulder telling me these things aren't right.

You do, in fact, have God standing over your shoulder telling you those thing's are wrong. You could not have any morals without God.

You do, in fact, have Zeus standing over your shoulder (sic) telling you those thing's (sic) are wrong. You could not have any morals without Zeus.

...Did that convince you?

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post