Have you lost your morals yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Have you lost your morals yet?
(04-09-2014 11:27 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:08 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You do, in fact, have God standing over your shoulder telling you those thing's are wrong. You could not have any morals without God.

You do, in fact, have Zeus standing over your shoulder (sic) telling you those thing's (sic) are wrong. You could not have any morals without Zeus.

...Did that convince you?

Yes, actually. And it makes me feel much better. Does Zeus also watch while I am taking care of my personal business? That just seems creepy.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes riseinside's post
04-09-2014, 11:47 AM
(04-09-2014 11:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:27 AM)One Above All Wrote:  You do, in fact, have Zeus standing over your shoulder (sic) telling you those thing's (sic) are wrong. You could not have any morals without Zeus.

...Did that convince you?

Yes, actually. And it makes me feel much better. Does Zeus also watch while I am taking care of my personal business? That just seems creepy.

He watches over you, but doesn't actually look at what you're doing.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 11:50 AM
(04-09-2014 11:47 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:40 AM)riseinside Wrote:  Yes, actually. And it makes me feel much better. Does Zeus also watch while I am taking care of my personal business? That just seems creepy.

He watches over you, but doesn't actually look at what you're doing.

Well that's fine then. So would Zeus be my lord and savior or more of a supreme being type? Does he offer free will? Sometimes I want to do some crazy evil stuff. Like drink out of the milk carton and not pay my bills on time. Don't want to be struck down.
04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
(04-09-2014 11:50 AM)riseinside Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:47 AM)One Above All Wrote:  He watches over you, but doesn't actually look at what you're doing.

Well that's fine then. So would Zeus be my lord and savior or more of a supreme being type? Does he offer free will? Sometimes I want to do some crazy evil stuff. Like drink out of the milk carton and not pay my bills on time. Don't want to be struck down.

Lord and savior and supreme being. You must do as He wishes, or you'll go to Tartarus after you die.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
04-09-2014, 11:56 AM
(04-09-2014 11:52 AM)One Above All Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:50 AM)riseinside Wrote:  Well that's fine then. So would Zeus be my lord and savior or more of a supreme being type? Does he offer free will? Sometimes I want to do some crazy evil stuff. Like drink out of the milk carton and not pay my bills on time. Don't want to be struck down.

Lord and savior and supreme being. You must do as He wishes, or you'll go to Tartarus after you die.

Alright well as long as I don't have to knock on doors or wear magic underwear then i am good.
04-09-2014, 11:57 AM
(04-09-2014 11:56 AM)riseinside Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:52 AM)One Above All Wrote:  Lord and savior and supreme being. You must do as He wishes, or you'll go to Tartarus after you die.

Alright well as long as I don't have to knock on doors or wear magic underwear then i am good.

He does require you to try and hook him up with any hot lookin women. Zeus is swinger.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-09-2014, 12:16 PM
How funny! I've heard some religious people say that they would have "no reason to be moral" and "do good things" if they didn't believe in God.

And the irony of that is...

As if the God of the Bible is moral? Lol

The sad truth of many religious ppl is that the only reason they "do good" is because they fear hell. An imaginary place. But many defy evolution. 0_o

La la la la! Mind boggling!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Oh. And yes. Back to the OT question. I lost my morals now that I'm an atheist!
Weeeee!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
(04-09-2014 11:08 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 12:43 AM)riseinside Wrote:  but it meant nothing since I do not have god standing over my shoulder telling me these things aren't right.

You do, in fact, have God standing over your shoulder telling you those thing's are wrong. You could not have any morals without God.

Oh, diddo, diddo, diddo. What the hell are we going to do with you?

If belief in god was the litmus test for morality then Sweden, Japan, Norway and some of the other atheist countries would be out bombing the hell out of everyone, killing each other and raping everything in sight. Instead they have the lowest crime rates in the world and are some of the happiest and most contented people. If belief in god was all it took to be moral then the only people occupying jails and prisons would be atheist, instead theists are by far the majority and atheists are barely even a sliver in the pie chart.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
04-09-2014, 08:15 PM
(03-09-2014 01:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Compare and contrast...

That is very good.
[Image: morals.gif]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus