Have you met Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Have you met Jesus?
Chances are you have not met Jesus (i.e. me), as I am only now joining the Forum. And yes, that is my real name. I'm Hispanic. Anyhow, I've been a fan of TTA for more than a year and I just now decided to try the forum. I've only been on one forum before, back when the TV show Heroes was on air. So let's see how this goes...

Again, my name is Jesus. I live in Texas. I love to learn new things; I have been a skeptic for about 2 years and an atheist for 3. I am currently an undergrad student at Texas A&M International, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Creative Writing. I have a little blog on tumblr where I talk about popular misconceptions about the human mind and human behavior (badpsychologyblog.org).

That's about it for now, I think.... I hope to meet many interesting people on here!

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atheist Jesus's post
26-08-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Have you met Jesus?
Praise Jesus!
Thank you for joining us, Lord.
Bowing

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey, another Texan. Welcome! I'm a student at UTA.

[Image: g8g7t.jpg]
26-08-2012, 11:55 AM
(26-08-2012 11:40 AM)Atheist Jesus Wrote:  Chances are you have not met Jesus (i.e. me), as I am only now joining the Forum. And yes, that is my real name. I'm Hispanic.

But do you pronounce your name "Hey Zeus"?

Oh, and welcome.
26-08-2012, 12:02 PM
(26-08-2012 11:50 AM)Ghost0fBanquo Wrote:  Hey, another Texan. Welcome! I'm a student at UTA.

Nice! I actually have a friend who goes to UTA, he's an officer of the Student Secular Alliance.

"If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal." - Carl Sagan
26-08-2012, 12:04 PM
(26-08-2012 11:55 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  But do you pronounce your name "Hey Zeus"?

Yup, that's how it's pronounced, although some of my friends just say in it English or call me Jebus.

Is there a way to reply to multiple people in one post?

26-08-2012, 12:05 PM
(26-08-2012 11:40 AM)Atheist Jesus Wrote:  I have been a skeptic for about 2 years and an atheist for 3.

I'm curious how this worked for you. My gut feeling would say that usually people are skeptics on their way to becoming an atheist. It seems you've been an atheist longer than you've been a skeptic. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-08-2012, 12:12 PM
(26-08-2012 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 11:40 AM)Atheist Jesus Wrote:  I have been a skeptic for about 2 years and an atheist for 3.

I'm curious how this worked for you. My gut feeling would say that usually people are skeptics on their way to becoming an atheist. It seems you've been an atheist longer than you've been a skeptic. Consider

When skepticism is taken as the scientific approach to things in rejection of woo, it is perfectly possible to be an atheist without being a skeptic. An atheist may well be a passionate believer (for example) in homeopathy, if they are unfamiliar with science.
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
26-08-2012, 12:12 PM
(26-08-2012 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm curious how this worked for you. My gut feeling would say that usually people are skeptics on their way to becoming an atheist. It seems you've been an atheist longer than you've been a skeptic. Consider

It's a funny story, actually. I used to consider myself a Jehovah's Witness. I didn't even know not believing in god was an option until I met a guy in high school who was openly atheist. I thought it was weird that someone didn't believe in god, so I set out to convert him. I watched religious debates on youtube to try and learn how to convince an atheist that god is real. Turns out the atheist arguments were more convincing than the ones offered by the religious apologists.

It was until I stopped believing in god that my curiously grew exponentially. I wanted to learn all that there is to learn, and I still do. I thought to myself that if I could be wrong about god, I could be wrong about other things as well.

[+] 3 users Like Atheist Jesus's post
26-08-2012, 12:18 PM
(26-08-2012 12:04 PM)Atheist Jesus Wrote:  Is there a way to reply to multiple people in one post?

Yes, use the little button next to "REPLY" that has the icon of the little quoting guy.

(26-08-2012 12:12 PM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm curious how this worked for you. My gut feeling would say that usually people are skeptics on their way to becoming an atheist. It seems you've been an atheist longer than you've been a skeptic. Consider

When skepticism is taken as the scientific approach to things in rejection of woo, it is perfectly possible to be an atheist without being a skeptic. An atheist may well be a passionate believer (for example) in homeopathy, if they are unfamiliar with science.

Thank you, Atheist Jesus. Dodgy

(26-08-2012 12:12 PM)Atheist Jesus Wrote:  

It's a funny story, actually. I used to consider myself a Jehovah's Witness. I didn't even know not believing in god was an option until I met a guy in high school who was openly atheist. I thought it was weird that someone didn't believe in god, so I set out to convert him. I watched religious debates on youtube to try and learn how to convince an atheist that god is real. Turns out the atheist arguments were more convincing than the ones offered by the religious apologists.

It was until I stopped believing in god that my curiously grew exponentially. I wanted to learn all that there is to learn, and I still do. I thought to myself that if I could be wrong about god, I could be wrong about other things as well.

Ah, well I'm glad Jesus found the true light at last. I know what you mean about an expanding curiosity and knowledge base post religion. One of the greatest results of free-thinking is...well, free-thinking!

You'll find some fellow ex-J-Dubs here you can commiserate with. Thumbsup

~Izel