Have you read the quran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: Have you read the quran
Quran 12:2 - Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand.

But i understand this, so why? Maybe the arab people had it in arabic so that they could understand it in their time period. But that doesn't mean it has to be in arabic now for people who don't understand arabic, when it comes to learning about god's word?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2014, 10:43 AM
(18-05-2014 10:34 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  Quran 12:2 - Indeed, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an that you might understand.

But i understand this, so why? Maybe the arab people had it in arabic so that they could understand it in their time period. But that doesn't mean it has to be in arabic now for people who don't understand arabic, when it comes to learning about god's word?

To learning the word of god? Do you realize all the Holy books like the bible and a koran are man made crap?
18-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Christianity here.
18-05-2014, 10:51 AM
(18-05-2014 10:48 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  Christianity here.

What ? Are you a christian ?
18-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Yep.

It makes the most sense to believe in to me.

It has historical person like "Cyrus the Great" in it. And faith wise, the old prophets all prophesied about Jesus. So that's why i believe in it atleast.

I don't think Islam is true, due to the pagan worship they do to Mecca. They do say its because of revelation there, but i can't quite say that i'm biting.
18-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Yes, I have read it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
18-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Nope, and not going to.

I've seen the product and results that come from it in the actions of the people that believe in it...... thats all I need. Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
18-05-2014, 05:27 PM
I have read the first nine suras or so, in English, then I got bored with the repetitive firey dooms. I'll go back to it eventually, when I have nothing more intelligent to read.

In its historical context, it's clearly a manual for running a growing cult embattled on all sides by older cults. Notice the instructions on jihad and the fate of the unbelievers start to kick in when the upstart cult encounters other groups and develops the massive chip that remains on islam's collective shoulder to this day.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 1 user Likes daylightisabadthing's post
18-05-2014, 05:59 PM
I haven't read either. Although I do have copies in english of both bible and old test on my computer somewhere.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
18-05-2014, 06:03 PM
(18-05-2014 08:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 07:35 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  I have read about 9 chapters of it. I am excited to read more though, to get more into it. I have read the bible once though. I was lucky to find it in my language and was glad that they translate God into God, and not the arabic word for God which is Allah.

Have you read it?
I know there are hadiths about muhammad's life, which some have recommended me to read if i want to know more about his life origin. And that i can't get it from the quran.

Yup, I read it a while ago.

It's hard to believe that there is a book more boring than the bible, isn't it?

Often you come across bits that are imitations of the Old Testament but more confusing.

Anyway, good to know that it's OK to beat your wife for disobedience.

They certainly knew how to manage their property back then.

Smile

Just don't hit her in the face. A loving husband wouldn't make his wife ugly after all.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson