Have you read the quran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2014, 11:36 AM
RE: Have you read the quran
(19-05-2014 10:00 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 10:58 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  Yep.

It makes the most sense to believe in to me.

It has historical person like "Cyrus the Great" in it. And faith wise, the old prophets all prophesied about Jesus. So that's why i believe in it atleast.

I don't think Islam is true, due to the pagan worship they do to Mecca. They do say its because of revelation there, but i can't quite say that i'm biting.

You should start a thread about this. About why you feel Christianity is more logical than the other religions or than no religion at all.

Christianity is bullshit . There isn't a big difference between believing in islam and christianity . Both religions are a similar horseshit. Most christians are believers because they are born and brainwashed in a Christian country . Most Muslims are believers because the same reason.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2014, 11:52 AM
(19-05-2014 11:36 AM)Leo Wrote:  Christianity is bullshit . There isn't a big difference between believing in islam and christianity . Both religions are a similar horseshit. Most christians are believers because they are born and brainwashed in a Christian country . Most Muslims are believers because the same reason.

I know this. I want to know how he feels about it.
19-05-2014, 12:28 PM
(18-05-2014 07:35 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  I have read about 9 chapters of it. I am excited to read more though, to get more into it. I have read the bible once though. I was lucky to find it in my language and was glad that they translate God into God, and not the arabic word for God which is Allah.

Have you read it?
I know there are hadiths about muhammad's life, which some have recommended me to read if i want to know more about his life origin. And that i can't get it from the quran.
I haven't read it. And, to be honest, I have such a negative impression of Islam, I would feel somewhat dirty just picking it up.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
19-05-2014, 12:48 PM
I read part of it. Twilight was better reading than the Qu'ran.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-05-2014, 03:00 AM
(18-05-2014 07:35 AM)AnderSox Wrote:  Have you read it?
No, I'm waiting for the film to come out.
[+] 4 users Like living thing's post
20-05-2014, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 03:20 AM by sporehux.)
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm

I'm not learning Arabic:

Murder someones slave, your slave gets to take your punishment Evil_monster
2:178 O ye who believe! Retaliation is prescribed for you in the matter of the murdered; the freeman for the freeman, and the slave for the slave, and the female for the female. And for him who is forgiven somewhat by his (injured) brother, prosecution according to usage and payment unto him in kindness. This is an alleviation and a mercy from your Lord. He who transgresseth after this will have a painful doom.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
20-05-2014, 03:34 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 05:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Just as what is in the Bible, come entirely from the culture which produced it, the contents of the Quran entirely reflect, and originated in the culture which produced it.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ns?page=25
Post 247.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.