Have you seen this?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2010, 08:12 PM

Have you seen this?
She is awesome.

Origin Of Stupidity

*Pulls into drive thru* Lady ask "Can I take your order?" Me "Yeah, let me ge..*turns head around* shut up guys! Uuuh yeah, I'll have the #5 (Origin of Species). And can I get that without the 50 page introduction of crap?"

Cheers,
-Sparky Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2010, 08:17 PM
RE: Have you seen this?
Oh, yeah, she is. ZOMGttsCriss is one of my longest-standing subscriptions - the only two ahead of her are thunderf00t and TheAmazingAtheist, I think.

I also made a video on the subject, in case anyone's interested.[/shameless]

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2010, 08:18 PM

Sweet! I'll check it out Big Grin
06-05-2010, 05:04 AM
I've never seen her vids before, but I just found out she is Romanian like me. That made me proud in a way, as I was wondering where our thinking atheists were.

Thunderf00t also made a video about the same subject. His is a bit more detailed and further exposes Cameron and Comfort's lies and inaccuracies. There's a part where Ray Comfort, when asked about the seventy books he allegedly wrote, says: 'That's the same book with different covers nobody noticed.' No shit, eh?

I watched your one too Unbeliever. Very well argued, as expected. And you've got a surprisingly deep and mature voice for an 18 year-old!

Anyway... this sort of 'enterprise' so to call it proves nothing but the fact that its promoters don't have the balls to attack a well-established theory, without resorting to the below-the-belt tactic of putting the author in a bad light. How 'clever' Rolleyes

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
06-05-2010, 05:23 AM

I always thoroughly enjoy ZOMGitsCriss' videos. But I have a problem with this one...

My problem with it isn't what she says...she's bang on with everything. My problem with it is that no matter what she says Comfort and Cameron will STILL continue doing what they are doing.

Those two need to be put into a debate scenario with the likes of Thunderf00t, ZOMGitsCriss, dprjones, donexodus, Aronra, etc.

I recall that Thunderf00t did, in fact, have an interview with Comfort, but both of them were 'pleasant' with each other. I don't know how one would stay calm with the likes of these two bozos...

Anyway, thanks for the post...
06-05-2010, 05:35 AM
No these videos can't be used to stop these two, but they do help spreading awareness and debunking their fallacies. You can't convince them to stop what they're doing, however hard you would try to debate them, and no matter how valid your arguments might be; but what matters here is the impact on the viewers, on whether they choose the 'narrow' way or the way of logic and common sense. Those who are heavily indoctrinated will probably dismiss the rebuttals as 'nonsense' but those who are in doubt and seek the truth on their own might find the strength to set themselves free from the lies of religion, and it this category that Youtube users like Thunderf00t or ZOMGitsCriss should focus on.

You can't shut them up, and even if you do others will come to fill in the vacancy thus created; but you can do your best to ensure that as few people as possible take them seriously.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
06-05-2010, 08:50 AM
(06-05-2010 05:04 AM)Juppers Wrote:  I watched your one too Unbeliever. Very well argued, as expected. And you've got a surprisingly deep and mature voice for an 18 year-old!

Big Grin

Yeah, everyone says that. My nickname in several places is "Anchorman", and I'm required to announce my arrival with my best "News at eleven".

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
06-05-2010, 11:22 AM
LMAO @ "USDA approved bullshit."

Ambulatory habitation detritus.
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I liked the video too. Well argued.
Find all posts by this user
06-05-2010, 12:29 PM

(06-05-2010 05:35 AM)Juppers Wrote:  No these videos can't be used to stop these two, but they do help spreading awareness and debunking their fallacies. You can't convince them to stop what they're doing, however hard you would try to debate them, and no matter how valid your arguments might be; but what matters here is the impact on the viewers, on whether they choose the 'narrow' way or the way of logic and common sense. Those who are heavily indoctrinated will probably dismiss the rebuttals as 'nonsense' but those who are in doubt and seek the truth on their own might find the strength to set themselves free from the lies of religion, and it this category that Youtube users like Thunderf00t or ZOMGitsCriss should focus on.

You can't shut them up, and even if you do others will come to fill in the vacancy thus created; but you can do your best to ensure that as few people as possible take them seriously.

I guess I'm speaking from frustration...

Kirk Cameron self-professes that he was an Atheist when he was younger, and became an Evangelical later on 'when he discovered the way to the light'...From my perspective, thinking the way I do, I find it very unlikely that I would revert back to theism. One could almost say about Cameron that 'he wasn't really an Atheist to begin with'...

I've seen the Cameron/Comfort debate with the Rational Response Squad on ABC and, after three dozen facepalms and a few bashings of the head against the wall, I realized that these two theists were as dense as they come. The crocoduck example still gives me nightmares, not because I shudder about its truth (if it were true, Cameron would have a lot of 'splainin' to do), but its sheer stupidity and lack of critical thought. How this guy gets up in the morning and knows to put his pants on AFTER his underwear still amazes me...