Have you seen this atheist census yet?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: Have you seen this atheist census yet?
(23-01-2013 04:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Why fewer women? 'Cause we're dumber! Duh!
How very sexist and insensitive of you! Ohmy

If only you had stayed in the kitchen, you would have grown up to be a good little girl.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2013, 04:36 PM
(23-01-2013 04:30 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  If only you had stayed in the kitchen, you would have grown up to be a good little girl.
Where do you think I'm typing this from? Barefoot and (soon to be) pregnant, too.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I dunno...I'd like to know what the numbers would be if 1000 men and 1000 women were asked what the numbers would look like. Would we still have the huge gap? Fear of reprisal by family/friends could be one reason why fewer women report to be non-religious. Like you said, women are more emotionally driven, and fear is certain a powerful emotion.

23-01-2013, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2013 04:52 PM by Vosur.)
(23-01-2013 04:26 PM)Vera Wrote:  Why fewer women? 'Cause we're dumber! Duh!

[Image: XPF1V3f.png]

Oh Vera, I think you will like this. Angel

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-01-2013, 05:47 PM
(23-01-2013 04:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Oh Vera, I think you will like this. Angel

Schopenhauer sure as hell spouted a lot of crap in his life. However, I'm willing to cut him more than a little slack for this: "It is the everyday phenomenon of compassion, the immediate participation, independent of all ulterior considerations, primarily in the suffering of another, and thus in the prevention or elimination of it…. ONLY INSOFAR as an action has sprung from compassion does it have moral value; and every action resulting from any other motives has none."

Beats Kant's pile of rubbish anyway: "There are many minds so sympathetically constituted that, without any other motive of vanity or self-interest, they find a pleasure in spreading joy around them and can take delight in the satisfaction of others... But I maintain that in such a case an action of this kind, however proper, however amiable it may be, has nevertheless NO TRUE MORAL WORTH."

'Course, it may be just the caipirinha talking.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
23-01-2013, 08:09 PM
(23-01-2013 05:47 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 04:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Oh Vera, I think you will like this. Angel

Schopenhauer sure as hell spouted a lot of crap in his life. However, I'm willing to cut him more than a little slack for this: "It is the everyday phenomenon of compassion, the immediate participation, independent of all ulterior considerations, primarily in the suffering of another, and thus in the prevention or elimination of it…. ONLY INSOFAR as an action has sprung from compassion does it have moral value; and every action resulting from any other motives has none."

Beats Kant's pile of rubbish anyway: "There are many minds so sympathetically constituted that, without any other motive of vanity or self-interest, they find a pleasure in spreading joy around them and can take delight in the satisfaction of others... But I maintain that in such a case an action of this kind, however proper, however amiable it may be, has nevertheless NO TRUE MORAL WORTH."

'Course, it may be just the caipirinha talking.
WOOT! Fuck all you Kantians! ...I really don't like Kant and cannot understand why he was more influential than Hume. Maybe because Humian would too often be confused with Human the the philosophers of the day were all to aware of the potential impending confusion. That's what I'm going to go with...yeah. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post