"Have you suffered from a mental illness?" thread argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: "Have you suffered from a mental illness?" thread argument
(07-11-2013 06:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'd rather not, not unbalanced enough to go about hurting myself for absolutely no good reason.

Not yet anyway.

Man up, pussy. Shy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 06:50 PM
(07-11-2013 06:49 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Dom, yer a cunt. Tongue

Now, who wants this after I'm done, we could all use a little break....

[Image: 050228910-bong.jpg]

This is the first time in my entire 60 years of life anyone has ever called me that to my face.

Oh, that's right, it's not my face, it's your computer screen.

I wouldn't fuck with ya if I didn't love ya. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-11-2013, 06:51 PM
(07-11-2013 06:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You didn't answer my question.

Do you think you should be allowed to make comments like your previous one while other people should be banned for it? Or should you be banned for it too in your eyes?

Still awaiting an answer in case you missed my question.

And you continue to misrepresent my position on banning. You really are blind and deaf. Try staying dumb.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2013, 06:52 PM
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  And you continue to misrepresent my position on banning. You really are blind and deaf. Try staying dumb.

There is no misrepresenting what you have actually said. Maybe we should look into a home... Consider
07-11-2013, 06:53 PM
(07-11-2013 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  And you continue to misrepresent my position on banning. You really are blind and deaf. Try staying dumb.

Still not answering the question? I said you wouldn't.

Come on then, clarify your position. Should people be banned for abusive comments? Should you be banned for abusive comments? Should people other than you be banned for abusive comments?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
07-11-2013, 06:54 PM
(07-11-2013 06:48 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You didn't answer my question.

Do you think you should be allowed to make comments like your previous one while other people should be banned for it? Or should you be banned for it too in your eyes?

Still awaiting an answer in case you missed my question.

I am going to reply to it. This thread is a hell hole where everyone calls everyone everything disgusting they can think of. Chas has at least the same right as everyone else in this freaking thread.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-11-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 07:00 PM by Hughsie.)
(07-11-2013 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am going to reply to it. This thread is a hell hole where everyone calls everyone everything disgusting they can think of. Chas has at least the same right as everyone else in this freaking thread.

So your answer is that if other people can, Chas should be able to as well? I agree with that.

What I want to know though is if/how someone who claims people being abusive like this should be banned can justify doing exactly the same thing himself.

What people forget is that if being abusive became a bannable offence we wouldn't just lose the likes of Chippy, we'd lose the likes of Bucky, Chas, and earmuffs (and all the people who have replied abusing Chippy) as well. Unless people think we should allow our friends/long term members to openly break the rules and standards we hold others to, but that would seem unfair to me.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
(07-11-2013 06:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am going to reply to it. This thread is a hell hole where everyone calls everyone everything disgusting they can think of. Chas has at least the same right as everyone else in this freaking thread.

So your answer is that if other people can, Chas should be able to as well? I agree with that.

What I want to know though is if/how someone who claims people being abusive like this should be banned can justify doing exactly the same thing himself.

The difference is that people like Chippy attack the innocent.

Think of me as Dexter.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
(07-11-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  The difference is that people like Chippy attack the innocent.

Think of me as Dexter.

The world doesn't work like that. Surely everyone should be held to the same standard? That's my view anyway.

Best
Worst
07-11-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, I just called Chippy an asshole a few posts or pages back. I would like him to take a few weeks vacation so he has time to clean up his vocabulary. Why? Because he acts like a dick and an asshole. And it's a shame too, because he has some things to say. He just doesn't know how to say them. Maybe he has tourettes, then he should let people know and we can handle that just fine.

One day out certainly didn't help, first thing he wrote when he came back was "you are an asinine cunt".

Welcome back Chippy - not!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man