"Have you suffered from a mental illness?" thread argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: "Have you suffered from a mental illness?" thread argument
(07-11-2013 08:02 PM)Chippy Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 07:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  Think of me as Dexter.

You are a sanctimonius shit head. That's how I think of you.

I don't care in the least how you think of me.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 02:25 AM
(07-11-2013 06:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 06:54 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am going to reply to it. This thread is a hell hole where everyone calls everyone everything disgusting they can think of. Chas has at least the same right as everyone else in this freaking thread.

So your answer is that if other people can, Chas should be able to as well? I agree with that.

What I want to know though is if/how someone who claims people being abusive like this should be banned can justify doing exactly the same thing himself.

What people forget is that if being abusive became a bannable offence we wouldn't just lose the likes of Chippy, we'd lose the likes of Bucky, Chas, and earmuffs (and all the people who have replied abusing Chippy) as well. Unless people think we should allow our friends/long term members to openly break the rules and standards we hold others to, but that would seem unfair to me.

Can I give a shot at explaining? My position at least.

You don't ban people for calling somebody a cunt. You ban cunts for being cunts.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2013, 06:23 AM
I want to apologize to Evenheathen for my snarky reply when he called me a cunt. In retrospect, it was actually pretty funny given my post about us just sitting around in this thread calling each other cunts and dicks.

Sorry that your joke went over my head, Evenheathen. It was the only friendly, fun use of vulgarity in this thread, and it deserved a good laugh instead. Hug

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-11-2013, 11:04 AM
(07-11-2013 03:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 03:05 PM)Christsays Wrote:  I don't want to troll anyone. I do get amused by the pretension though, and at the moment I have nothing better to do than play. Smile

If you didn't want to troll, you wouldn't be here.

You are a liar.

I just want to say that this guy gave me some decent advice in another thread. I was polite to him he was polite to me. I don't want to be rude or like questioning the almighty TTA forum authority but I think it's wrong to ban people like this. So what he was bored and decided to pick an argument, people on this forum do that all the time. Argument is a great thing, it promotes thought. So what was the problem? Everyone decided to be super childish. I'm not saying he wasn't being childish too he definitely was , but how is it fair to ban him? What because he is new or because he's not atheist?
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
08-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:'Dom' pid='411918' dateline='1383913418']
I want to apologize to Evenheathen for my snarky reply when he called me a cunt. In retrospect, it was actually pretty funny given my post about us just sitting around in this thread calling each other cunts and dicks.

Sorry that your joke went over my head, Evenheathen. It was the only friendly, fun use of vulgarity in this thread, and it deserved a good laugh instead. Hug

Hug

Thanks Dom. I gotta say, you're one of my favorite cunts around here. Yes

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-11-2013, 11:16 AM
(08-11-2013 11:04 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 03:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you didn't want to troll, you wouldn't be here.

You are a liar.

I just want to say that this guy gave me some decent advice in another thread. I was polite to him he was polite to me. I don't want to be rude or like questioning the almighty TTA forum authority but I think it's wrong to ban people like this. So what he was bored and decided to pick an argument, people on this forum do that all the time. Argument is a great thing, it promotes thought. So what was the problem? Everyone decided to be super childish. I'm not saying he wasn't being childish too he definitely was , but how is it fair to ban him? What because he is new or because he's not atheist?

He caused a disruption and that was deemed by Admin to be in violation of Rule 5. He had 100 posts the first day he joined. Fairly easy to gage intent.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

08-11-2013, 11:20 AM
As the reason this thread was split off has been banned, and seeing as it has devolved into a huge clusterfuck of everyone insulting each other I am going to lock this thread. If a Supermod or Admin thinks I am overstepping I apologize.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
08-11-2013, 11:21 AM
(08-11-2013 11:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
Quote:'Dom' pid='411918' dateline='1383913418']

Hug

Watch it, you are treading on thin ice now! Evil_monster

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-11-2013, 11:28 AM
(08-11-2013 11:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 11:15 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hug

Watch it, you are treading on thin ice now! Evil_monster

Bechased

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
08-11-2013, 11:30 AM
(08-11-2013 11:28 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 11:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  Watch it, you are treading on thin ice now! Evil_monster

Bechased

Chase

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post