Have you watched the beheadings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 10:02 AM
RE: Have you watched the beheadings?
Watching such would just make my blood boil and have "Kill them all" thoughts in my head. Better take people's word that they have been murdered and hope that those fuckers get civilized. Can't we just close them inside in their countries and wait untill they are all starving and ready to educate themselves? Oh wait... Oil..
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2014, 10:05 AM
I did, no real great amazing reason, just because I was bored and feeling a bit apathetic.
28-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Haven't seen these ones, but I've watched plenty of videos like them. I dunno why, morbid curiosity I guess. The images do stick with you, and are disturbing. I think I watched them as a reality check as to just how shitty this world can be, and how fragile our lives are.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
28-09-2014, 10:38 AM
you watched somebody get beheaded?
28-09-2014, 10:46 AM
(28-09-2014 10:38 AM)betterthanezra Wrote:  you watched somebody get beheaded?

Sure. I can't be the only one that watched those Faces of Death movies when I was a kid.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
28-09-2014, 10:48 AM
(27-09-2014 07:45 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  And if so, why? If not, why not? Why do you think some people have watched them and others have not?

I havent and wont, when i see things like that, they tend to stick in my head and replay themselves over and over and over. I won't give the terrorists the satisfaction of "terrorizing me". To watch them gives the terrorist exactly what they want.

I know this because when post 9/11 war first started up there were a few hitting the youtube channels and for some reason they felt it important we see them (military) and I can still see their expressions and hear the gasping and horrific sounds to this day.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
28-09-2014, 11:06 AM
You're a bad influence, Dance42.

It had not even crossed my mind to see them, in fact, it didn't occur to me that they would be see-able but since you mentioned it, in the interests of properly forming an opinion, I trundled off to the Google machine.

I was reminded once again of the David Attenborough narrated wildlife program I saw as a child where the chimps were ripping apart a monkey they had trapped and killed.

Just change the soundtrack from whooping, adrenaline-pumped chimp calls to cries of "Allah Akbar" and voilá!

My second thought was that the Saudi's version of capital punishment (decapital?) with one clean swish seems most human compared to this hacking and sawing fad and also, by comparison, an injection of lethal drugs.

Drinking Beverage

28-09-2014, 11:08 AM
I kind of half heartedly tried, but didn't because I couldn't find any on YouTube that actually showed anything. Several promised to show "FULL footage" but they all cut off before any weapon got close to the victim's throat. I think they wanted to advertise their channel and get subs.

I did want to see one but not to look at the victim. I don't need to see that and I certainly don't need to see the blood.

I wanted to examine the murderer; I wanted to see his body language and I wanted to see how it changed from beginning to end of the ordeal.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-09-2014, 11:17 AM
(28-09-2014 11:06 AM)DLJ Wrote:  You're a bad influence, Dance42.

It had not even crossed my mind to see them, in fact, it didn't occur to me that they would be see-able but since you mentioned it, in the interests of properly forming an opinion, I trundled off to the Google machine.

I was reminded once again of the David Attenborough narrated wildlife program I saw as a child where the chimps were ripping apart a monkey they had trapped and killed.

Just change the soundtrack from whooping, adrenaline-pumped chimp calls to cries of "Allah Akbar" and voilá!

My second thought was that the Saudi's version of capital punishment (decapital?) with one clean swish seems most human compared to this hacking and sawing fad and also, by comparison, an injection of lethal drugs.

Drinking Beverage

Sorry 'bout that. Just wondering why someone would wanna watch this kind of horror. The people interviewed on NPR had their reasons for viewing it but never admitted to "morbid curiosity". They tried to make it all intellectual. Pffft.

I watched the JFK assassination all the way through once and could never do it again.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-09-2014, 03:50 PM
I don't watch them because the images stay with me and I get really depressed knowing how shit humans can be. I once saw some foot of someone supposedly having his hand cut off in some middle east country and the guy wasn't screaming or anything but it has stayed with me till this day.

But it has been playing on my mind having seen the still photo of American journalist James Foley before he got beheaded. The knife just seems really small and I can't help thinking it must have been a really horrible way to die. To those that saw it, was it quick?

[Image: foley-still.jpg?w=300&h=216]