Have you watched the beheadings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2014, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2014 07:27 PM by TheGulegon.)
RE: Have you watched the beheadings?
(28-09-2014 10:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 10:38 AM)betterthanezra Wrote:  you watched somebody get beheaded?

Sure. I can't be the only one that watched those Faces of Death movies when I was a kid.

No sir! You were not! Confused

Haven't watched this latest vid, though, and I'm not going to! It'd just make me angry!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
28-09-2014, 07:34 PM
(28-09-2014 11:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
Just wondering why someone would wanna watch this kind of horror.

Same reason people went to see public hangings in olde England or the guillotining of the nobility when France was civilising itself.

Dodgy

But what do I know? I don't even slow down when passing a road accident that's being dealt with.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
28-09-2014, 07:34 PM
No.

Just no.

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
29-09-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 29-09-2014 10:44 AM by kim.)
(28-09-2014 07:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 11:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Just wondering why someone would wanna watch this kind of horror.
Same reason people went to see public hangings in olde England or the guillotining of the nobility when France was civilising itself.
--
17 June 1939, Eugène Weidmann became the last person in France to be publicly executed by guillotine. He had been convicted of multiple kidnappings and murders.
[Image: Last+public+execution+by+guillotine,+France,+1939+5.jpg]
Quote:In the days following the execution, the press was especially indignant at the way the crowd had behaved. Paris-Soir denounced the crowd as “disgusting”, “unruly”, “jostling, clamoring, whistling.” The unruly crowd delayed the execution beyond the usual twilight hour of dawn, enabling clear photographs, and one short film to be taken. After Weidmann’s execution outside Versailles prison, women awaited the departure of police to dip their handkerchiefs in Weidmann’s blood, which stained the sidewalk. After the event the authorities finally came to believe that “far from serving as a deterrent and having salutary effects on the crowds” the public execution “promoted baser instincts of human nature and encouraged general rowdiness and bad behavior”. The “hysterical behavior” by spectators was so scandalous that French president Albert Lebrun immediately banned all future public executions.
It would be another 38 years before France entirely removed execution as a means of punishment.

This enlarged photo is from actual film footage which can be viewed on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaVe65LWDCI - it was not filmed this close.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-09-2014, 01:18 PM
(28-09-2014 07:34 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 11:17 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ...
Just wondering why someone would wanna watch this kind of horror.

Dodgy

But what do I know? I don't even slow down when passing a road accident that's being dealt with.

Yup. People would pack a picnic basket and bring it down to the Place de la Concorde to watch the beheadings of royalty and anyone else that happened to get in the way of the French Revolution. . Even in the 1920's here in the good ol' USA people came out to see hangings in kind of a festival atmosphere. I don't get it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Wow. A nice little padded box for the head to roll into, or toss the corpse into.
Ze Frenchies. Ze have such good taste. No ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-09-2014, 01:27 PM
(29-09-2014 01:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow. A nice little padded box for the head to roll into, or toss the corpse into.
Ze Frenchies. Ze have such good taste. No ?

The French have banned the guillotine and the Muslim head scarf. They are very head conscious

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
29-09-2014, 01:29 PM
No, you couldn't pay me to watch any sort of snuff film. I don't even like watching animal's get (actually) killed on film.

Well honestly, you probably could pay me to watch it (as long as I am in no danger of being blamed for any crimes). Just might be in the realm of $100,000 +.

As much as I'd prefer to not expose myself to terrible events, that doesn't mean they don't exist. I can already conceptualize it, but watching it would be so sad and tragic.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-09-2014, 01:44 PM
(28-09-2014 03:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't watch them because the images stay with me and I get really depressed knowing how shit humans can be. I once saw some foot of someone supposedly having his hand cut off in some middle east country and the guy wasn't screaming or anything but it has stayed with me till this day.

But it has been playing on my mind having seen the still photo of American journalist James Foley before he got beheaded. The knife just seems really small and I can't help thinking it must have been a really horrible way to die. To those that saw it, was it quick?

[Image: foley-still.jpg?w=300&h=216]

I always wonder why they always sit there so compliantly, knowing that in a few seconds they are going to die while this piece of human garbage saws their head off with a dull knife..I have heard they drug them so they will be more compliant, but still, how does one just sit there? I understand fear, and being frozen from the shock of your impending death, but I would like to think I would fight, even if it was a head butt and a 3 foot run before I am gunned down, surely that is better than 1) Giving into their plan, 2) dying slowly...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
29-09-2014, 02:50 PM
I watched the video of Nick Berg years ago. It is truly one of those things you can't un-see.

*** Not for the squeamish ***

What stuck with me most was how merciless it was. I mean it's not enough that you're cutting this persons head off, but did you really have to pick the dullest blade you had!? And it took so long to do the act. I imagined them using a sword at least and needing a couple chops... I will never watch another one.

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
[+] 1 user Likes Silo1180's post