Have you watched the beheadings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2014, 03:09 PM
RE: Have you watched the beheadings?
(29-09-2014 02:50 PM)Silo1180 Wrote:  I watched the video of Nick Berg years ago. It is truly one of those things you can't un-see.

*** Not for the squeamish ***

What stuck with me most was how merciless it was. I mean it's not enough that you're cutting this persons head off, but did you really have to pick the dullest blade you had!? And it took so long to do the act. I imagined them using a sword at least and needing a couple chops... I will never watch another one.

Who is Nick Berg?

I read that during the French Revolution when the executioners finished their "work" they quickly took the head and turned it to face the body with the thought that the brain wasn't dead yet and could see the severed body. Ugh. How horrid.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2014, 04:07 PM
I must have watched well over 100 videos of executions over the years, I am completely desensitized to watching them on a screen. They are a stark reminder of how very fucked up this world still is, and how comfortable our lives are in comparison.

Strangely enough I have more difficulty with watching animal cruelty.

People should watch them, they should see the struggle others around the world have to endure.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
29-09-2014, 04:09 PM
(29-09-2014 04:07 PM)bemore Wrote:  I must have watched well over 100 videos of executions over the years, I am completely desensitized to watching them on a screen. They are a stark reminder of how very fucked up this world still is, and how comfortable our lives are in comparison.

Strangely enough I have more difficulty with watching animal cruelty.

People should watch them, they should see the struggle others around the world have to endure.
Maybe you should look into being a secret agent of some sort? Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
29-09-2014, 04:21 PM
Here in Oz, some of the looney left is claiming some justification based on alienation of the so called deprived and suffering radicals........this really pisses me off!!
There is evil....... and there is intense evil!Evil_monster
29-09-2014, 08:13 PM
I watch stuff like the beheadings before I work out as motivation. Kind of along the lines of posters hanging up near where I work out with sayings like "Somewhere in the world someone is training to kill you. What are you doing?" If deployments start up again, I want those images to be fresh in my memory. I don't want the delusion to cross my mind that they deserve any form of mercy.

'Murican Canadian
03-10-2014, 01:49 AM
This past Winter, I had a lot of off days to be stuck inside with nothing (an no one) to do, so I spent a lot of time online. Somehow, a friend got me hooked (a word I use with a bit of discomfort) on BestGore. I wouldn't recommend looking if you're curious; it's basically an online video archive of all the worst shit humanity has ever done to one another. And yes, I do mean all of the worst shit.

Anyway, a lot of the stuff depicts Muslim-based violence - which, of course, includes beheadings. I kind of forced myself to watch them with the conscious intention of facing the very thing that makes religious zealoutry so fucking corrosive to our civilization. And, I'll be honest, it's outrightly impossible to take muslim apologists seriously when you've seen a man's head carved off and his headless body hoisted aloft while a huge crowd chants "Allahu Akbar!" before using his skull as a makeshift soccer ball. To make things worse, these savages don't even mind that there are small children literally sitting right next to them while they hack away furiously at the muscle and C-spine of some guy who was flailing one second and lays lifeless the next. "Religion of peace" my gaping, fucking asshole. Dodgy

I regret watching them, and yet, I felt it was important to do so. It's one thing to listen to guys on podcasts or people like Sam Harris talk about such atrocities. It's another thing entirely to see actual, recorded footage. It sets a fire in your belly and puts into perspective what's at stake in this world and why the atheist movement is so god-damn important.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
03-10-2014, 10:47 AM
(29-09-2014 03:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 02:50 PM)Silo1180 Wrote:  I watched the video of Nick Berg years ago. It is truly one of those things you can't un-see.

*** Not for the squeamish ***

What stuck with me most was how merciless it was. I mean it's not enough that you're cutting this persons head off, but did you really have to pick the dullest blade you had!? And it took so long to do the act. I imagined them using a sword at least and needing a couple chops... I will never watch another one.

Who is Nick Berg?

I read that during the French Revolution when the executioners finished their "work" they quickly took the head and turned it to face the body with the thought that the brain wasn't dead yet and could see the severed body. Ugh. How horrid.

From wiki: Nicholas Evan "Nick" Berg (April 2, 1978 – May 7, 2004) was an American freelance radio-tower repairman who went to Iraq after the United States' invasion of Iraq. He was abducted and executed according to a video released in May 2004 by Islamist militants in response to the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse involving the United States Army and Iraqi prisoners. The CIA claims Berg was personally murdered by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. The decapitation video was released on the Internet, reportedly from London to a Malaysian-hosted homepage by the Islamist organization Muntada al-Ansar.

RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. - Ambrose Bierce (The Devil's Dictionary)
03-10-2014, 11:07 AM
(28-09-2014 10:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 10:38 AM)betterthanezra Wrote:  you watched somebody get beheaded?

Sure. I can't be the only one that watched those Faces of Death movies when I was a kid.

You know they faked a majority of those, right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
03-10-2014, 05:14 PM
There's been another one tonight... Alan Henning a taxi driver from Manchester, kidnapped in Syria.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/...deo-murder

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 05:21 PM
(03-10-2014 11:07 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 10:46 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  Sure. I can't be the only one that watched those Faces of Death movies when I was a kid.

You know they faked a majority of those, right?

Oh yeah, I was just pointing out the strange fascination we have with watching that shit, even as kids.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco