Have you watched the beheadings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Have you watched the beheadings?
(03-10-2014 05:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 11:07 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You know they faked a majority of those, right?

Oh yeah, I was just pointing out the strange fascination we have with watching that shit, even as kids.

We? Consider

No.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
(03-10-2014 07:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 05:21 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Oh yeah, I was just pointing out the strange fascination we have with watching that shit, even as kids.

We? Consider

No.

I meant we as in those of us who do. Get off my lawn. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Make no mistake, I get no pleasure out of watching things like that and it's not like I do so all of the time. It truly is horrific and disheartening, but I will admit that curiosity gets the best of me sometimes.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
(03-10-2014 08:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 07:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  We? Consider

No.

I meant we as in those of us who do. Get off my lawn. Drinking Beverage

You ghouls need to get out from under my lawn. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
The drug cartel beheading videos are even worse, and don't get me started on the chainsaw beheading video.

There are some fucked up people out there.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-10-2014, 09:43 PM
(03-10-2014 09:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 08:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I meant we as in those of us who do. Get off my lawn. Drinking Beverage

You ghouls need to get out from under my lawn. Angry

Just practicing man, it is almost Halloween.

~ Umberto Eco
09-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I've always thought there was a value in seeing things to get the real idea. I have watched the death video of every journalist and POW murdered by Islamic terrorists. Seen a lot of people killed by other groups too; drug cartels, street gangs, etc. It generates a correct outrage I think, which is why I think it is valuable. If you hear about someone being beheaded then you say "This is terrible, someone should do something!", but if you see it for yourself then you say, "This is utterly hideous and I need to try to do something about this right fucking now."

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 4 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
09-10-2014, 02:34 PM
(29-09-2014 01:44 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(28-09-2014 03:50 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I don't watch them because the images stay with me and I get really depressed knowing how shit humans can be. I once saw some foot of someone supposedly having his hand cut off in some middle east country and the guy wasn't screaming or anything but it has stayed with me till this day.

But it has been playing on my mind having seen the still photo of American journalist James Foley before he got beheaded. The knife just seems really small and I can't help thinking it must have been a really horrible way to die. To those that saw it, was it quick?

[Image: foley-still.jpg?w=300&h=216]

I always wonder why they always sit there so compliantly, knowing that in a few seconds they are going to die while this piece of human garbage saws their head off with a dull knife..I have heard they drug them so they will be more compliant, but still, how does one just sit there? I understand fear, and being frozen from the shock of your impending death, but I would like to think I would fight, even if it was a head butt and a 3 foot run before I am gunned down, surely that is better than 1) Giving into their plan, 2) dying slowly...

I think it's safe to say that the majority of these people are dead long before they actually die, if you catch my meaning.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
10-10-2014, 12:29 AM
I once stumbled across a beheading video on Fb. After I saw it I puked. I never want to see one ever again and I think I'd rather jump ship to Mars except I know too many good people here. The shit needs to stop. That's all.
[+] 4 users Like LadyJane's post
12-10-2014, 10:18 PM
I did so out of morbid curiosity. I have both films of the beheadings from beginning to end in my world history folder. Right along with all the Grizzly syria movies I got.

A reminder of the brutality of religious people. They cut out camera a few seconds after they start cutting though, so you never see the whole thing. Its a few cuts and then it zips back to the person with the head on the body on ground. Still quite bad though.

What I do not understand is that if they "know" they are going to be killed. Why the hell would they give them the satisfaction of doing it on camera? I would fight back until they had no choice but to kill me with bullets.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ