Have your usual?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 02:37 PM
Have your usual?
It's a concept I've never quite understood.

How can otherwise rational people go into a restaurant, a bar or even their own kitchen - and eat or drink the same damned thing every time?

I used to do some bar tending - and it used to creep me out just a bit that some people came in and drank the same fucking thing, night after night.

I had a dog like that -- all excited every day - "Ohboy ohboy oboy same ol' stuff same ol' stuff same ol' stuff (total body wag, the entire time). The dog, being a dog, simply doesn't know any better --that variety is a good thing, and should be whenever practical - embraced.

Is it laziness?? Simple apathy? Do they really just not give a fuck at all?

I make a point of at least trying new stuff from time to time - and I sure as hell am not going to drink the same thing, or eat the same thing every time.

Shit - if you're going to do that, you might as well join the dog - and eat kibble..

It's cheaper..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Have your usual?
I can be a creature of habit, but I also like to try new things once and awhile. I live in CA and we have access to tons of different types of ethnic food, so I am pretty adventurous with all of that (as long as it is vegan).

For drinks, I usually order wine or beer or a vodka tonic. I would probably be one of your boring customers Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 03:29 PM
When I walk into a restaurant and somebody says "the usual?" I make a point of ordering something different, but that's a panic reaction at me and my preferences having been noticed. (I hate that.)

Otherwise, once I find a dish/drink I like at a particular place, I stick to that. I get decision fatigue easily, plus I don't care for certain food textures.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
08-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Media nonsense has over time has made me ponder over the last few years in my life a desire to have a resturant/place where I can go in and say, I'll have the usual.

Because I always am swapping around taking in new things; I suppose the closest thing I have to getting something like that is when I go to get Falafell Pita's but the place I go to routinely changes ownership every year so I never can familarize with the people what my usual is.

I actually don't feed my dog the same food everyday even... well that's cause he has missing teeth but then I get those mixed soft food packs and you get multiple flavors so why not swap it aboot.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-09-2015, 03:45 PM

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-09-2015, 03:56 PM
I do it to manage decision fatigue and reserve mental processing power for my quest to rule the world.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
08-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I always like new things. These days my choices are more limited by necessity. Before that point I never knew what I may have for dinner.

I would usually drink a red wine over a white. If having white meat or fish I would have a chilled Portuguese red, rather than a white. For beer I would usually have something from Europe or Japan.

And never would I drink Australian or New Zealand wines.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-09-2015, 04:46 PM
I was a rum and coke girl. Now and then I tried some other things...was in a Black Russian phase for a while but went back to rum and coke pretty quickly.

As for food, I am one of those people who can eat the same thing over and over again. I eat to live, I have never lived to eat.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-09-2015, 04:53 PM
(08-09-2015 02:37 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's a concept I've never quite understood.

How can otherwise rational people go into a restaurant, a bar or even their own kitchen - and eat or drink the same damned thing every time?

I used to do some bar tending - and it used to creep me out just a bit that some people came in and drank the same fucking thing, night after night.

I had a dog like that -- all excited every day - "Ohboy ohboy oboy same ol' stuff same ol' stuff same ol' stuff (total body wag, the entire time). The dog, being a dog, simply doesn't know any better --that variety is a good thing, and should be whenever practical - embraced.

Is it laziness?? Simple apathy? Do they really just not give a fuck at all?

I make a point of at least trying new stuff from time to time - and I sure as hell am not going to drink the same thing, or eat the same thing every time.

Shit - if you're going to do that, you might as well join the dog - and eat kibble..

It's cheaper..

Well, it can be that he simply doesn't know better, out that he's thinking that if it works, ya don't mess with it

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-09-2015, 04:56 PM
What I find odd is that people go long enough to a place that the workers notice they have a usual.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....