It's all part of god's plan.

Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 03:55 AM
RE: Haven't slept.
Ah, the first goddess has baptized you.

Thou shalt be born again! Tongue

Seriously though, glad you worked your way through it. Sleep tight!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-12-2014, 06:54 AM
*sigh* another sleepless night.

I really need to stop worrying about the well-being of others, it's preventing me from relaxing.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-12-2014, 07:00 AM
(09-12-2014 02:01 AM)DLJ Wrote:  It's all part of god's plan.

Big Grin

Might be. Payback for all the bitches I've stolen from him!

09-12-2014, 07:11 AM
(09-12-2014 06:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  *sigh* another sleepless night.

I really need to stop worrying about the well-being of others, it's preventing me from relaxing.

When I moved to the south 15 years ago, a co- worker taught me a new phrase that I hadnt heard before "that's their little red wagon".

It means that we each have our own little wagons that we drag around behind us with our problems. Its important not to get your wagon confused with someone else's. We each have our own, your problems go in yours, their problems go in theirs. You need to be aware of who owns a problem, and once its in someone else's wagon its their responsibility to drag it around, all you can do is watch. Maybe tell them to watch for holes in the sidewalk, but ultimately- its their little red wagon.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-12-2014, 07:18 AM
I do math in my head when I can't fall asleep. Just square numbers until nothing else fills my mind.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
09-12-2014, 09:44 AM
(09-12-2014 07:18 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I do math in my head when I can't fall asleep. Just square numbers until nothing else fills my mind.

I'll try it.

09-12-2014, 12:33 PM
(09-12-2014 12:16 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  To be honest, I was playing with fire. I knew I was going to get burned, but I still lit the match anyways.

Kinda was hoping I was going to be wrong. Ah well, such is life.

Something to think about: Would you have regretted it forever if you hadn't "played with fire"? You got burned. That sucks but at least you can take solace in putting yourself out there. There were things I left (in the women category) on the table in my youth and it still regret it to this day. Not because I am not happy with my wife (I really am), but because I wish to know what could have happened and my cowardice got in the way. At least you can say that you tried.

Melatonin also worked for me.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
09-12-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 03:34 PM by Atothetheist.)
(09-12-2014 12:33 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 12:16 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  To be honest, I was playing with fire. I knew I was going to get burned, but I still lit the match anyways.

Kinda was hoping I was going to be wrong. Ah well, such is life.

Something to think about: Would you have regretted it forever if you hadn't "played with fire"? You got burned. That sucks but at least you can take solace in putting yourself out there. There were things I left (in the women category) on the table in my youth and it still regret it to this day. Not because I am not happy with my wife (I really am), but because I wish to know what could have happened and my cowardice got in the way. At least you can say that you tried.

Melatonin also worked for me.

I don't regret doing it at all. I knew what I was getting into, and I accept full responsibility for anything I did to hurt her life and mess that up. I take full responsibility, and that's why I am letting it go. I just need time to kinda deal with it.

And frankly, it's already working a bit. Monday, I was so upset that I probably would have started a fight. Today, I am more accepting of the situation, as it becomes more clearer what exactly she currently thinks of me.

Leaving her alone is the best option. Stepping back and letting others be the people she needs them to be is what I said I would do, and I plan on doing that.

If that makes her okay and happy, I am more than fine with playing the villain. I will be the bad guy, so that she can live a little happier hating me than anyone else.

09-12-2014, 03:31 PM
(09-12-2014 06:54 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  *sigh* another sleepless night.

Just become an amoralist like tear151.

Sorry I couldn't get to your first response earlier, I fell asleep (not rubbing it in, just the truth).

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user