Haven't these people heard of competitive pricing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Haven't these people heard of competitive pricing?
I make maple syrup, and I need some food grade 55 gallon drums for collecting sap.

I go to Craigslist, and everybody is charging the same thing $16 per barrel.

Now I know these people work at places where the get the drums for free, or nearly so.

So what the livid fuck???

You're not going to move many that way. I priced my syrup over 5 years ago under the grocery store prices - and have not raised prices since. I undercut other people's prices , and I sell out every year. They don't sell out.

And how dumb to price the same as everyone else on Craigslist - where people GO to comparison shop.....

Must be the new math, as applied to economics...

Consider

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Haven't these people heard of competitive pricing?
Got a bottling company of any kind nearby? We found one that sold used FOOD GRADE barrels for less than $10. We made rain barrels from a couple.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
27-08-2017, 11:17 AM
(27-08-2017 10:37 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Got a bottling company of any kind nearby? We found one that sold used FOOD GRADE barrels for less than $10. We made rain barrels from a couple.

The only place around that sells barrels to the public only has barrels that had soy sauce or vinegar in them. No good. Too much residual taste.

Rainbow Vomit

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
27-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Fake economics. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-08-2017, 10:34 AM
So you're the one who's been undercutting Uncle Vinnie's syrup racket....

Evil_monster

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
28-08-2017, 11:38 AM
(28-08-2017 10:34 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  So you're the one who's been undercutting Uncle Vinnie's syrup racket....

Evil_monster

I do my best!!

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-08-2017, 02:17 PM
I'll ask my brother for info. He's a brewer and knows more about food grade items. There are some food grade items at local agriculture and tractor suppliers.