Having a coach in LoL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2016, 11:57 PM
RE: Having a coach in LoL
(24-08-2016 06:05 PM)Leela Wrote:  Dammit...
So I am following what my coach told me and I am following it down to the letter.
After having a big ass losing streak for a week and getting demoted, I started winning all matches.
So today I got back into series and of course exactly now I lose a match... dafuq?

If it's like most sport then it's more percentage play than that you'll win every match. Even the big sports teams lose every now and then, that's what makes it fun Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2016, 12:33 AM
thats a good idea! im glad its working for you. i hear the flamers only get worse as you go up.
i rely on my boyfriend and his friends to coach me through league. i went from being the most passive player they have ever met to destroying them as zed with lux.
i started this season out straight in bronze 5 and i have been demoted down to bronze 3 because i cant get a team that plays well or communicates together. even when i que with my own friends.
now i live in the aram.. i rarely visit the rift.
25-08-2016, 12:37 AM
also, flamers will ruin your whole game. sometimes even blocking them cant be enough to help.
they flame at you and your gaming suffers.
if you believe the coach really helps then keep doing it! maybe one day you can pass your knowledge down to me Smile
25-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Leela, I have no idea what LoL is, even after googling it...just not my bag, baby. Smile

So let me just say this...

Keep your head down, keep your eye on the ball, this game is all mental, you're really only competing against yourself, I know you can do it, I have so much confidence in you! You are an animal, give no quarter, have no mercy, keep your left arm straight, really dig down deep for that extra 10%, if anyone can do it, you can- you are amazing!

Get out there and WIN!

Cheers!

Thumbsup
25-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Remember you are changing your play style so you are no longer in that instant reaction phase. You should expect some drop off until you internalise the changes. Most games come down to a few plays made at just the right moment so if you are having to actively think about it rather than just react you will be behind the 8-ball. Long term however fixing bad habits will vastly improve you play.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-09-2016, 05:44 PM
@ Jewelarcher:
I actually had initially, in the first session, told my coach that I never play ranked because I cannot deal with the flamers. Because you will know that someone is flaming even if you mute them. You know what? He had three important answers there:
1. Just /mute all in the beginning of the match
2. You cannot change what others do or say. The only thing you can change is what you are doing so focus on that.
3. If you don't play ranked, you won't rank up. Act as if there is only ranked mode.
And it did help me. I do mute all the second one of the team starts to be toxic. And then I just keep playing.

@ The Dark One:
LoL in this case stands for League of Legends.
Simplified it is basically a strategy game. A bit like chess but with more action and more things that you can do.
For reference, here is the video I made of the first coaching session I had. It was for the Support Role playing a champion called "Braum"

@ Revenant77x:
You are very right. After the first two sessions, I had climbed up from Bronze 4 to Bronze 1 within two weeks. But currently just bouncing up down Bronze 1 and Bronze 2. It is really that fixing bad habits that can be hard at times and I think that is what is currently keeping me from going silver.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
05-09-2016, 07:09 PM
(05-09-2016 05:44 PM)Leela Wrote:  @ Jewelarcher:
I actually had initially, in the first session, told my coach that I never play ranked because I cannot deal with the flamers. Because you will know that someone is flaming even if you mute them. You know what? He had three important answers there:
1. Just /mute all in the beginning of the match
2. You cannot change what others do or say. The only thing you can change is what you are doing so focus on that.
3. If you don't play ranked, you won't rank up. Act as if there is only ranked mode.
And it did help me. I do mute all the second one of the team starts to be toxic. And then I just keep playing.

@ The Dark One:
LoL in this case stands for League of Legends.
Simplified it is basically a strategy game. A bit like chess but with more action and more things that you can do.
For reference, here is the video I made of the first coaching session I had. It was for the Support Role playing a champion called "Braum"

@ Revenant77x:
You are very right. After the first two sessions, I had climbed up from Bronze 4 to Bronze 1 within two weeks. But currently just bouncing up down Bronze 1 and Bronze 2. It is really that fixing bad habits that can be hard at times and I think that is what is currently keeping me from going silver.

i have never thought of the supp as being bait. thats actually a good idea.
i hate that he has to watch from twitch because he wasnt able to see the things going on in real time. but otherwise he had some very good advice and you play a pretty good bruam.
i love braum.
06-09-2016, 05:36 AM
It was Youtube that he watched in this coaching. In the next session he was in the match with me. He adjusts well to whatever you need.
Thanks on the Braum, he is my main Support although currently I go more for Sona just because it's fun.
baiting is very situational.
Whatever looks too tempting to let go of is the bait. Be it a ADC that seems to be alone or a low HP Support or a out of mana AP. You know one of the baits that most bronze players fall for? A "low HP" tank. You have no idea how many times a whole team will jump on a tank just because they underestimate how tanky a tank is even on low HP Big Grin And while they jump on the tank, the rest of the enemy team kills them. Completely nuts but they also don't learn from it haha.

- Wotsefack?! -
06-09-2016, 06:41 AM
(06-09-2016 05:36 AM)Leela Wrote:  It was Youtube that he watched in this coaching. In the next session he was in the match with me. He adjusts well to whatever you need.
Thanks on the Braum, he is my main Support although currently I go more for Sona just because it's fun.
baiting is very situational.
Whatever looks too tempting to let go of is the bait. Be it a ADC that seems to be alone or a low HP Support or a out of mana AP. You know one of the baits that most bronze players fall for? A "low HP" tank. You have no idea how many times a whole team will jump on a tank just because they underestimate how tanky a tank is even on low HP Big Grin And while they jump on the tank, the rest of the enemy team kills them. Completely nuts but they also don't learn from it haha.

oh sona is really good too! if you ever get a miss fortune adc, your ults are perfect together!
i love baiting at dragon or baron. if the enemy has wards out and you send someone in to ward it for your team and then take out their wards.. for some reason they just cant resist trying to steal dragon or baron.
and yeah i know what you mean about them trying to take out the tank supp. that is one thing you DONT do. any tank. the only way i would ever go after a tank is if i have lord dominiks regards.
06-09-2016, 07:27 AM
It is usually not much about stealing baron or dragon but rather forcing a fight there when it seems that you are stronger. Though down here in Bronze, where I am, most people don't realize when it is a good time to force such a fight.

- Wotsefack?! -