Having a coach in LoL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2016, 11:08 PM
RE: Having a coach in LoL
That is awesome! i am happy the coaching is working out for you.
i learned today that playing adc.. you really have to rely on your support to know what they are doing too.. so many times my support has called me out because they just went in too hard to early and i could not cs.. we would both die and fall behind. they would blame me for being a bad adc. well today i met a lux who is very aggressive in lane but not so much that i cant cs and keep up with her. we ended up killing it in lane. my last game with them i ended up going 19/3. this helps me to understand how important it is for the support to be just as good as you. the support is only as good as the adc, and the adc is only as good as their support. thanks to this lux i was able to achieve my mastery 6 level with jinx. my play style is back in the right groove and im getting the score i know i should have. if your team isnt following up.. everyone will suffer. i was seriously thinking that i was not as good at league as i thought i was.. i had started only playing aram.. i wasn not playing ranked or normals.. but now i know. it is truly a team effort down on the bot lane. i probably still will not play anymore ranked due to the season ending soon.. theres no way im getting out of bronze at this point so im just going to go normal and work on my skills.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2016, 11:16 PM
[img][Image: jinx_zpsvfhd2aae.png][/img]

heres my score and build from playing with that lux.. i can not remember the last time i did so well.. its been a good while.
12-10-2016, 06:16 AM
You know this? /mute all
use it. While you walk into lane, just do it.
There is no need for chatting in the game at all - at least in bronze. All needed communication can be done via pings.
After you /mute all, you can still give some vital info (ults down, summoners used, etc) but you don't have to read their rage or bullshit call outs or whatever else they ramble on about.
I usually used /mute all at the first sign of bullshit talk in the match. I never talk back at all - especially not in ranked.

And about the bot lane.
the one thing I learned in my four years of league is, that down here in bronze, you cannot trust or rely on anybody. You need to learn to solo carry. You need to learn how to last hit and harass 1v2 because it is likely that your support has no clue what they are doing.
Most supports in bronze and silver are only playing support because they clicked fill. They are not actually support players. If they are support players, they often lack a lot of knowledge. I personally am a pretty damn good support player but I don't play carry supports so I chose to do ADC and Top for the time being.
Was the best decision I have done so far.

About 1v2 because you have a shit support. NEVER ever waste your heal for them if you know they will fuck up anyway. Never wait or waste your abilities on them if you know they will fuck up.
How do you know they will fuck up? If they play overly agressive or overly scared, that is your sign. If they are able to adjust to your play style and let you take the lead - because you are the ADC and you have to be the one taking the lead - then you can help them as well during ganks and such things. Always have your yellow trinket and ward if they don't. Concentrate on last hitting and if they disconnect or are stupid, freeze the lane close to your tower. Just be the bitch and stay back and soak up xp, try last hitting and you will be making up for the rest after laning phase.

Takes a while to get the hang of holding your lane 1v2 when your supp is afk or roaming.
BTW roaming is something that good supports do. Don't get mad at them, if they go roam a little while you are doing fine.

Also don't get mad. You can't change what another player does anyway. The only thing you have control over, is yourself.

I know I sound like a smart ass but I knew the theory of this for a long time. Now that I am more self confident, I can apply that all really well too and I started winning again.
For me it also helps that now and then I have that coach to boost my confidence again. He is great at both, pointing out and fixing my failures as well as pointing out things I improved on.

I don't know when you started to play League. But when you think about ranked, I would say it takes a few months and lots of practice, to get into the basics of the game inside ranked. because normal and ranked are completely different. Ranked is for focussing on your actual skill while normal is for pracitce/troll/fun modes. Namsayin?

As I said, I knew most of what I just said before I started taking ranked a bit more serious. But I only started improving this year when I actually started taking ranked serious. And the only reason I started improving is because I am getting more practice in this scenario. It takes a while as I said.

A think my first coach said to me was this simple truth that you cannot rank up if you don't play ranked. Losing is part of it but every loss is an opportunity to learn from your mistakes too.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
27-10-2016, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2016 12:06 PM by Leerob.)
Today I had a live coaching. That was actually very fun and I learned a lot of things. Main great thing was the fact that I got my mistakes pointed out right away. And after the match we went back to analyze the key moments in the match.
So I got homework:
* Focus Farm / Poke with AA / Trade
* Use W for AA reset (Sivir)
* Kite
* Ult to start Teamfight (Sivir)
* Ping Objectives
Really enjoyed this coaching session. After analyzing, my coach went in a custom game with me to show how I can practice some stuff.
We went over time on the time I booked and he doesn't care. He just loves coaching and always goes over time. But I feel it's only fair to pay for the service I receive. So I bought an extra session and booked into a random slot to make up for the over time.

- Wotsefack?! -
27-10-2016, 11:15 AM
(27-10-2016 08:02 AM)Leela Wrote:  Today I had a live coaching. That was actually very fun and I learned a lot of things. Main great thing was the fact that I got my mistakes pointed out right away. And after the match we went back to analyze the key moments in the match.
So I got homework:
* Focus Farm / Poke with AA / Trade
* Use W for AA reset (Sivir)
* Kite
* Ult to start Teamfight (Sivir)
* Ping Objectives
Really enjoyed this coaching session. After analyzing, my coach went in a custom game with me to show how I can practice some stuff.
We went over time on the time I booked and he doesn't care. He just loves coaching and always goes over time. But I feel it's only fair to pay for the service I receive.

People always say find a job you love. Sivir is great for starting team fights, securing kills, and getting team mates out of bad situations with her ult. Are you still doing graves top? I can't play him to save my life.
27-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes I am still playing Graves Top and I manage to at least not feed with him. Today I was against Sion and laning phase was a desaster but at least I didn't die.

- Wotsefack?! -
27-10-2016, 04:29 PM
(27-10-2016 12:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  Yes I am still playing Graves Top and I manage to at least not feed with him. Today I was against Sion and laning phase was a desaster but at least I didn't die.

Scion is a nightmare anyway. I hate seeing him in the enemy team.
14-12-2016, 09:57 PM
have you placed yet in ranked this season?
26-07-2017, 04:05 AM
Bump so Leerob and I can talk about the finer points of LoL. Smile
I'm surprisingly addicted to this game now someone from work got me into it. I played off and on in the past, have max level account and bunch of champs, but I mostly played ARAM.
This time though.. for like a month I've been playing regularly and understand the game and are proper loving it. Play mostly top and mid role or basically anything that isn't jungle, but yea I try to main those two roles.

[Image: oscar.png]
26-07-2017, 06:15 AM
Paying for coaching seems pointless.

As a drummer, paying for a teacher is a necessity to prevent lifelong injuries and bad habits. The harm of training for E-sports isn't as close, other than some strain in the eyes, the occasional hemoriod, and if you don't watch your sugar intake:
[Image: diabeetus.jpg]

The way to git gud at PvP or Co-Op video games is simple. Play. My friend plays ranked DOTA2. He has over 2500 hours in the game. Another friend of mine is aiming for StarCraft 2. He plays 4 hours a day.

Look up the pros giving tips on Youtube. Play maps specific for training. But most important of all; it's better to have an hour of focused training rather than 4 hours of fucking about. If you start getting bored, it's somtimes better to take a break and try again in an hour or so.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."